1 minute ago, Sexyfootball said:

So ... Lamptey or James ?

Bit spoilt for choice on that right side now 🙂

Well, given that Arsenal does not have many tall players, I think Lamptey would not be picked for teams with tall persons to defend on corners and such, since he is sooooo short. 

26 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I had my doubts that throwing this kid in at the deep end in a high- pressure London derby was a good idea, but he did very well. What other recent Chelsea manager would have taken that chance?

I actually think Morris had a big day on these things. He seemed pretty vocal about something looking to almost convince a contemplative Lampard shortly before the change. 

32 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I had my doubts that throwing this kid in at the deep end in a high- pressure London derby was a good idea, but he did very well. What other recent Chelsea manager would have taken that chance?

At that stage we and he literally had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

We needed some productivity and dynamism going forward at fullback, if it backfired he f**ked up and we lost 2-0 then it didn't really matter but if he helps turn the game around he's a hero.

Edited by Argo

The boss praises his assistants Jody Morris and Joe Edwards for their faith in Tariq Lamptey when considering our full-back options with Azpi carrying a knock and James and Alonso out. He says he has seen Lamptey train a lot and he adds a different dimension. #ARSCHE

This is the major plus side of having Morris and Edwards in the  first team backroom staff. They know the character of the young players, if they're mentally strong enough and how best to use them.