Bayern Munich (3) vs (0) Chelsea 08/08/20, 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

6 hours ago, coco said:

I think we should play the best team we have and make things as difficult as possible for BM. That means leaving Kepa, Rudiger, Jorginho and Christensen on the bench.

But then again maybe they should be punished for being crap and made to play this game, tell them their worthless scum and send them out on the pitch Frankie.

You can’t make things difficult for anyone if you can’t defend. 

I don’t doubt if we had Pulasic we could score 3 or 4 goals, the problem is never in time would we do so without conceding. 

With no Azpi or Pulasic we will be struggle to mount a face saving performance let alone a turn around. 

I’m usually in favour of being optimistic but the best we can do here is try and keep a bit of pride, our best attacking outlet and our captain are out, it’s not looking too promising. 

I genuinely don’t know what to think about this game.

After the race for Champions League place and the FA Cup Final it seems a game too far.

Now I fully want us to win and put in an acceptable performance.

However, with the players available and unavailable it seems very unrealistic to win.

Anyway.come on Chelsea.

32 minutes ago, erskblue said:

I genuinely don’t know what to think about this game.

After the race for Champions League place and the FA Cup Final it seems a game too far.

Now I fully want us to win and put in an acceptable performance.

However, with the players available and unavailable it seems very unrealistic to win.

Anyway.come on Chelsea.

Deja vu .... 2012 ... ?

Well, the last game of the season. Honestly I can't wait for the next season to come up already, but I also believe in miracles. I can't say we're favorites here, we are far away from Bayern's level at the moment.

We have 3 experienced players injured and one suspended, one of them is our captain and the second one is our best player at the moment. Everything is against us, they're simply better on everything.

But what do we have to lose here? We're known as a team that have a good character, always have hope and we can prove something here. Lampard played in all of our games that we made the impossible, all we need is to believe, fight for our respect and hope for the luck to come towards us.

I'd play that lineup:

--------------- Caballero ------------

James ---- Zouma -- Rudiger/Tomori ---- Emerson

------------ Kante ------- Kovacic --------------

Willian ---------- Mount ------------- Hudson-Odoi

------------------ Giroud ---------------

If we all will deliver negativity and will come in mind that we're going to lose, we better don't go there. But if we do come, we must prove something here.

I don't care if they have the best player in the world right now, or maybe the best team in Europe. We're playing the same game, our players have two legs like Bayern's. We have to play for our respect, we have to try and prove ourselves. 

COME ON CHELS!!!!!

I love the fact we are so down and out as the underdog, imagine if we did spring another Napoli or Ajax situation. We have no pressure going into this game now we have qualified for the CL next season.

My team would be:

Kepa (why not!)

James, Christensen, Tomori, Emerson

Kante, Kovacic

Mount         

CHO, Abraham, Willian     

On 01/08/2020 at 15:04, EdinburghBlue said:

Not to be Debbie downer... but, I have the fear about this game. I think Bayern are going to absolutely pump us. We’ve lost our best defender and our best attacker in the same game. Kante shouldn’t be risked IMO. Save him for next season. I think we just have to play to keep the score down which makes me sick to say.

Willy

James - Tomori - Christensen - Zouma - Alonso

Kovacic RLC Mount

CHO - Willian (if fit) Tino maybe if not

Abraham.

Bold to try sneak 12 players onto the pitch

Because of the Pavard injury Kimmich will probably play right fullback again.

The Bayern team will probably play the team that started the friendly against Marseille last Friday with Coman starting instead of Perisic.

Neuer

Kimmich - Boateng - Alaba - Davies

Thiago - Goretzka

Gnabry - Müller - Coman

Lewandowski

Kimmich and Thiago will miss the QFs when the get the next yellow card. UEFA announced today that in difference to usually when that happens before the semi finals after this round the yellow card count is set to zero.

We can't go there not willing to win the game. We should go all out. I am pretty sure Bayern won't take it lightly either. They have no weaknesses in the team and I feel they've have the best chance of winning the whole thing.

One advantage we do have and that is the fact we have played competitively for a while now. They have not. We could really hurt them early on. Couple of quick goals and they might get rattled.

Caballero

James Zouma Christensen Emerson

Ruben Kante Kovacic

CHO Abraham Mount

Whoever ends up playing will be up for it, professional footballers are winners and very competitive so I doubt anyone we could put out would truly be turning up in a Champions League game to just stroll about. It's a good chance for a relatively young squad (possibly even younger than usual with all the injuries!) to test themselves on the biggest stage against one of the biggest clubs. Plus, a result on the night (but not necessarily overall) could be a very small boost of sorts. Anything can happen in football though, so if we get at them with high energy early on maybe we can rattle them a bit, as evissy says! We might also get comprehensively turned over, but that's football I guess ?

Bayern will probably be aiming to use this game as a way to get up to speed before the QF stage, since they haven't played a competitive game in over a month. With the luxury of a 3 goal margin from the first leg they can probably coast a bit. We have nothing to lose at this point and may as well go for it. Hoping we can at least make it competitive and force Bayern to sweat a bit.

Bayern will probably be aiming to use this game as a way to get up to speed before the QF stage, since they haven't played a competitive game in over a month. With the luxury of a 3 goal margin from the first leg they can probably coast a bit. We have nothing to lose at this point and may as well go for it. Hoping we can at least make it competitive and force Bayern to sweat a bit.

I am pretty sure they won't coast. That is something German teams are unable to do. If they score early it might turn into something like that. Would love an early storm by us. Just like after that Pulisic goal against Liverpool. Small joy. A little bit of hope.

With the players we have available it is not optimal. Far from it. I am hoping Kante is fit and has one of his blinders. CHO to show why they wanted to sign him and Zouma to tower over Lewa.

We need a miracle but we need to have some sort of belief going into this. Frank will hype up the squad. This is important for the future as well.

On 04/08/2020 at 17:43, axman2526 said:

I doubt Willian plays. Probably why he missed the FA cup final. Keeping himself ready for Arsenal. 

Even more reason to play him the 90 minutes, whether he wants or not he is still a Chelsea player. Run him down and let him go to Woolwich FC with knocks.

Great result in my dream last night: we won 4-0 and made it straight into the semi final without having to bother with any quarter final nonsense, so amazing accomplishment. The 4th goal was a low cross from 50 meters out by a player I couldn't identify - and probably have yet to sign and register - from the Egyptian sand dune I was sitting on watching the match.

I swear I had only one 4.5% alcoholic drink with my dinner and nothing hallucinatory before I went to sleep.

Great result in my dream last night: we won 4-0 and made it straight into the semi final without having to bother with any quarter final nonsense, so amazing accomplishment. The 4th goal was a low cross from 50 meters out by a player I couldn't identify - and probably have yet to sign and register - from the Egyptian sand dune I was sitting on watching the match.
I swear I had only one 4.5% alcoholic drink with my dinner and nothing hallucinatory before I went to sleep.
What kind of dinner is that? Aren't you Dutch? [emoji16]

16 hours ago, forbzy said:

We have added a bunch of youth players to the squad for the game so some of the following may feature:

Ian Maatsen, Dynel Simeu, Henry Lawrence, Lewis Bate and Armando Broja

I hope Broja gets on, I see him as a potential star of the future. 

1 minute ago, evissy said:
27 minutes ago, dkw said:
Play the youth, win 6-3, go through on away goals...

Who do you recon scores the goals? 5 for CHO?

all 6 by Willy from goal kicks. Gonna be windy tonight.