Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

4 hours ago, Deino said:

Exactly the PL is about speed and physicality. The teams that have won the PL most of them employ fast counterattacking strategies. 

Don't you dare go bringing up the need for "physicality" Deino. You'll have slojo banging on your door to tell you otherwise. Apparently it means you want us to sign Eric Dier.

But that was last week's opinion. He's probably changed his mind on it now.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

We scored more goals, we played an open game most of the time and Lampard instructed the team to be much more direct. But at the same time we conceded way more goals as well, to an unhealthy level I might add :laugh2:

Tuchel seems to have a similar view like Lampard, of how the team should play.

He wants the high press to take back possession as soon as possible so that the opposition can't counter attack, he wants people to cut inside and he's talking very positively about our players. This is something that Lampard did till the very last game, he was positive even about Werner despite him missing a great chance. This shows to me that Lampard is a good manager, he sees the game in "the most recent version of it" but he lacked some experience and the fact that the squad has the same problem well that didn't help him...

In the beginning Lamp was playing crazy football up and down with jorgi at the base, absolutely fun to watch but crazy football. We basically can score anytime but concede anytime, even when we have 2-0 lead, I don't feel safe as we can concede 2 goals with ease. 

With Tuchel we have to wait. I watched PSG only once last year so I can't make any judgment. 

2 hours ago, coco said:

Our midfield seem to think if they stay in the center circle passing it around in little triangles, the opposition will have to come out to play, but unfortunately they don't fall for sh*t like that.

I thought we have learned that lesson during Sarriball era, pass left, right, left, right, snooze fest until Hazard decided passing left n right are boring. 

Oops forget to add, under Sarriball after a while team realize just let them pass left right all the time, we just need to nick the ball one time and all we have to do is get pass Jorginho and we have free attack at their backline. 

Edited by Bob stark

1 hour ago, just said:

Don't you dare go bringing up the need for "physicality" Deino. You'll have slojo banging on your door to tell you otherwise. Apparently it means you want us to sign Eric Dier.

But that was last week's opinion. He's probably changed his mind on it now.

Literally mentioned the other day that we haven't replaced Matic still, and that's likely why we've been so far away from titles. 

But you won't see me mentioning it in every post and having an agenda against any player that's below 6ft. Stick with the "ToMmY tAcTiCs" garbage. 

Emerson has been doing a good job defensively, but not enough quality in the attacking phase. The problem I have with playing Alonso is that he disrespected the team and manager, not sure he deserves being back into it. Some were adamant about Kepa after that famous final incident, what's different with Alonso? Though I agree that he brings more to the left wing than Emerson if we are to play with wingbacks. We will see what Tuchel thinks, my guess is clean sheet, he probably is not aware of the incident and its nothing to do with him, and he needs to see who provides the best option of the three. But I, personally, would prefer to go without Alonso in the team.

50 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Literally mentioned the other day that we haven't replaced Matic still, and that's likely why we've been so far away from titles. 

But you won't see me mentioning it in every post and having an agenda against any player that's below 6ft. Stick with the "ToMmY tAcTiCs" garbage. 

Since Matic we have failed to get a classic DM that can hold the ball and pass. Bakayoko sucks at that he's only good without the ball, tackles mainly...

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Since Matic we have failed to get a classic DM that can hold the ball and pass. Bakayoko sucks at that he's only good without the ball, tackles mainly...

I think selling Matic was the right thing to do at the time, he was on a big decline. But the problem was is that we didn't upgrade or replace him, Bakayoko was a severe downgrade and after that we just didn't bother getting a DM. 

Obviously right now our problems lie with creativity, but we're still getting cut open very easily. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

I never thought I would see myself saying this. But play Alonso over Chilwell. 

Chilwell just hasn't been good enough lately, he's turning into Emerson. 

I do think Alonso will play a lot more regularly under Tuchel, I just hope it’s only for when we play 3 like the Wolves game.

4 at the back, he is the worst full back I have ever seen. Even worse than Bosingwa.

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Yes thought you'd be changing your opinion again. Now you want a physical presence? I can't keep up with this. Please just tell me what you do want darling, and try to stick with it.

Anyway, work to do. I'm off to continue my tiny persons hate agenda on the Kante and Gilmour threads.

Edited by just

2 minutes ago, just said:

Yes thought you'd be changing your opinion again. Now you want a physical presence? I can't up with this. Please just tell me what you do want darling, and try to stick with it.

Anyway, work to do. I'm off to continue my tiny persons hate agenda on the Kante and Gilmour threads.

I'll start an Eric Dier thread for you in the Transfer Rumours section if you want?

10 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I do think Alonso will play a lot more regularly under Tuchel, I just hope it’s only for when we play 3 like the Wolves game.

4 at the back, he is the worst full back I have ever seen. Even worse than Bosingwa.

Yeah but at least Alonso doesn't have a unibrow. 

48 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I think selling Matic was the right thing to do at the time, he was on a big decline. But the problem was is that we didn't upgrade or replace him, Bakayoko was a severe downgrade and after that we just didn't bother getting a DM. 

Obviously right now our problems lie with creativity, but we're still getting cut open very easily. 

I really don't think selling Matic was the right decision, him and Kante were by far the best Central Midfield partnership in the Premier League & not only did we break that partnership up but we sold him to a direct competitor.

Matic was in his prime at 28 when we sold him and we should've been looking to build a team around the Matic & Kante partnership. Conte didnt want to sell him and neither was Matic pushing for a move the decision was purely taken by the board for financial gains which hugely backfired.

People call us a well run club but our board have made some absolutely ludicrous decisions in the last 4-5 years.

2 minutes ago, just said:

Today the wind is blowing mostly from the north-east and slojo will be changing direction too.

Yeah it's called being honest and objective, you should try it sometime, you might realise your views on football are 30-40 years behind. 

But I'll leave you too it, no doubt you'll keep mentioning my name around the forum like you usually do, in your head rent free. 

8 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I really don't think selling Matic was the right decision, him and Kante were by far the best Central Midfield partnership in the Premier League & not only did we break that partnership up but we sold him to a direct competitor.

Matic was in his prime at 28 when we sold him and we should've been looking to build a team around the Matic & Kante partnership. Conte didnt want to sell him and neither was Matic pushing for a move the decision was purely taken by the board for financial gains which hugely backfired.

People call us a well run club but our board have made some absolutely ludicrous decisions in the last 4-5 years.

After that notorious Burnley game with Barnes and Matic, he was never the same again. Matic was absolutely quality for the first year and a half, after that not so much. Even under Conte he was the weak-link in the side, after that F.A. Cup final against Arsenal I was glad to see the back of him, and he's done nothing at United. The only issue is that we didn't actually replace or upgrade him. Would I have kept him knowing that we were going to end up with Bakayoko? Absolutely. 

I just trusted this club to actually get a good replacement, or even A replacement. Someone mentioned the other day that we have a group of midfielders who are a jack of all trades and a master of none, forgot who it was but it was a perfect description for them. 

Edit: About that jack of all trades quote, I just checked and it was you LOL, sorry. 

Edited by Slojo

Just now, Slojo said:

After that notorious Burnley game with Barnes and Matic, he was never the same again. Matic was absolutely quality for the first year and a half, after that not so much. Even under Conte he was the weak-link in the side, after that F.A. Cup final against Arsenal I was glad to see the back of him, and he's done nothing at United. The only issue is that we didn't actually replace or upgrade him. Would I have kept him knowing that we were going to end up with Bakayoko? Absolutely. 

I just trusted this club to actually get a good replacement, or even A replacement. Someone mentioned the other day that we have a group of midfielders who are a jack of all trades and a master of none, forgot who it was but it was a perfect description for them. 

You never notice a player like Matic in a game, I have watched a number of games he has played for United and he is as solid as ever. He does his role quietly in the background and allows players like Kante to flourish. Even when he was here quite a few people used to call for him to get dropped and play Fabregas and Kante instead & a lot of the time we would get completely bullied in midfield and Conte would have to bring in Matic. Matic is so underrated it's absolutely unreal, just look at the impact he has had on Scott Mctominay, seems like he has learnt so much from observing and playing next to someone like Matic.

Kante has just not been the same without Matic next to him to offer some protection to the backline and physicality to the midfield.

2 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

If we go back to 16/17 pretty much the universal agreement was that Matic was the first port of call in regards to an upgrade (maybe second to Alonso).

He did an allright job for what he was told to do but he was still a pale shadow of the prime Matic of 2014 and has been average at best for United. Even during the title win season we really missed an aggressive runner through the lines, which Bakayoko actually done for Monaco. Against Tottenham especially the lack of that type of player really came home to roost as Dembele and Waynama won the midfield battle in those games even the one's we won (ironically a Monaco side with Bakayoko in it dominated Spurs in the CL).

I could understand the idea around Baka and even Drinkwater coming in to Conte's system (Baka to give us the breaking the lines runs from midfield and Drinkwater because of his quick passes on the counter and proven partnership with Kante) and If they brought their Monaco/Leicester selves with us they'd have both been upgrades on Matic in my opinion. The most criminal aspect of that transfer window was the lack of upgrade at wing backs, with a three game a week season coming up we needed atleast four quality one's given the physical demand of them in Conte's system.

Just now, Argo said:

If we go back to 16/17 pretty much the universal agreement was that Matic was the first port of call in regards to an upgrade (maybe second to Alonso).

He did an allright job for what he was told to do but he was still a pale shadow of the prime Matic of 2014 and has been average at best for United. Even during the title win season we really missed an aggressive runner through the lines, which Bakayoko actually done for Monaco. Against Tottenham especially the lack of that type of player really came home to roost as Dembele and Waynama won the midfield battle in those games even the one's we won (ironically a Monaco side with Bakayoko in it dominated Spurs in the CL).

I could understand the idea around Baka and even Drinkwater coming in to Conte's system (Baka to give us the breaking the lines runs from midfield and Drinkwater because of his quick passes on the counter and proven partnership with Kante) and If they brought their Monaco/Leicester selves with us they'd have both been upgrades on Matic in my opinion. The most criminal aspect of that transfer window was the lack of upgrade at wing backs, with a three game a week season coming up we needed atleast four quality one's given the physical demand of them in Conte's system.

It was Matic and Cahill who were in need of an upgrade at the time. Alonso for me was actually playing well, didn't he win LB of the year then? 

18 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Matic wanted to leave though, he wasnt forced out, he had 2 years left on his contract and we got very good price for him. 

Cant keep players that dont want to be here, the mistake was signing the wrong monaco midfielder, Fabinho shouldve been bought, and this isnt even speaking with hindsight, alot of posters thought the same at the time. 

6 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It was Matic and Cahill who were in need of an upgrade at the time. Alonso for me was actually playing well, didn't he win LB of the year then? 

Forgot about Cahill but we actually got an upgrade in him for that side in Rudi, as poor as he's become since he was very good that season for the most part.

I think the consensus for Alonso was he had a good season but needed better for the next level (and to have the option to revert to a flat back four).

18 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Yeah it's called being honest and objective, you should try it sometime, you might realise your views on football are 30-40 years behind. 

But I'll leave you too it, no doubt you'll keep mentioning my name around the forum like you usually do, in your head rent free. 

You really don't like it when others prove how fickle you are.