Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, Argo said:

Thinking ahead a bit (a lot) if the reports are true that one of the reasons for the Lamps fallout with Marina was the use of Kepa then that's not good.

While i'm confident he'll never be #1 again (certainly not under Tuchel) i very much doubt the board will be in a rush to bring in a new back up which will mean guess who's between the sticks when Mendy heads to the AFCON next season?

We should really be bringing in new goalkeeper coaches. Maybe Tuchel will in the summer. But clearly there’s something off with the way Kepa has adapted and been handled in England. Best, in my opinion, to scrap it all and build it back up with Tuchel’s men.

17 hours ago, Munkworth said:

There was an article on the athletic from that bloke Frank called out having a go at the fans for their treatment of Rudiger without acknowledging the fact he and his colleagues were the guys who stirred the pot and printed unsubstantiated bollocks in the first place... :rolleyes:

Liam Twomey, the little twat. He and Simon Johnson completely stirred the pot. Won’t be reading much of the Athletic going forward.

18 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Liam Twomey, the little twat. He and Simon Johnson completely stirred the pot. Won’t be reading much of the Athletic going forward.

I have to agree, I watched their latest video on Chelsea and it's so full of conjecture. He claimed that Cech was placed in the first team training as a spy for the hierachy which sounds like bullsh*t, why would he actually play in a U23 match if he wasn't actually trying to be a reserve keeper?

The Athletic are supposed to be the football boffins who talk the game and are less tabloid but it looks like they report on falsified drama all the same.

I grudgingly admit that, having watched his interviews, Tuchel seems a pleasant bloke, involved in training, and lively on the touchline. I just have to pretend he didn't manage PSG, but the years of experience is impressive, the very thing Lampard was lacking, perhaps to his detriment. TT is still too skinny though, perhaps he can hit the weights with Gilmour :smile:

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

I grudgingly admit that, having watched his interviews, Tuchel seems a pleasant bloke, involved in training, and lively on the touchline. I just have to pretend he didn't manage PSG, but the years of experience is impressive, the very thing Lampard was lacking, perhaps to his detriment. TT is still too skinny though, perhaps he can hit the weights with Gilmour :smile:

I too thought he seemed pleasant, up until I read that he's a vegan 🤮

27 minutes ago, Brutos said:

When Tuchel said " Teams will hate to play against us" I think in time we will be feared like we use to be previously. He means it 

I hope so, but we've been here before. Even when we go on good runs, things soon come crashing down and everything just falls apart after 1 bad result.

This is our biggest problem as a club. We have no fight when we are met with a single set back and the manager is the one that gets the blame and is quickly removed. It's the precedent we have set and it's something we must break away from if we want this to stop happening.

I don't have any belief anymore though, I'm almost certain that as soon as we hit a rough patch with Tuchel, the team will just stop playing, we'll start hearing of players falling out with the manager and he will be gone. It's happened with every manager for the best part of 20 years now, so I don't see why I should suddenly expect things to change with Tuchel.

Edited by Scott Harris

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I hope so, but we've been here before. Even when we go on good runs, things soon come crashing down and everything just falls apart after 1 bad result.

This is our biggest problem as a club. We have no fight when we are met with a single set back and the manager is the one that gets the blame and is quickly removed. It's the precedent we have set and it's something we must break away from if we want this to stop happening.

I don't have any belief anymore though, I'm almost certain that as soon as we hit a rough patch with Tuchel, the team will just stop playing, we'll start hearing of players falling out with the manager and he will be gone. It's happened with every manager for the best part of 20 years now, so I don't see why I should suddenly expect things to change with Tuchel.

But out of out last four managers none of Lampard, Sarri or Mourinho were removed as soon as they hit a bad patch. Mourinho got removed because it went on for months, Conte was removed because of his behaviour, Sarri played his way out of it and would have got a second season but decided to leave and Lampard won 4 in 14 (losing 7) during the middle of last season.

Edited by Argo

Really like how he almost automatically used CHO in the starting lineup, basically after a few training sessions. That combined with how Pulisic is now going into channels and being more central at times is really an impressive tactical improvement.

It took him also 1 game to see the value of Alonso in this formation with the 3 at the back and it paid off immediately.

I have seen the team playing 1-2 and give and go much more often now, passing into space is what more players look for now and that won us the game.

2 games where we didn't concede a shot on target.

Here comes a big one, we must win vs Spurs.

1 minute ago, Brutos said:

Remember when we had that fantastic run under Lampard with Kova and Jorginho in a two and Kante came back from injury and it all went tits up..... I really hope that doesn't happen again and Tuchel will react if it doesn't work 

He just needs to watch the game against Arsenal that put Frankie's job in danger and he won't make the same mistake.

4 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Remember when we had that fantastic run under Lampard with Kova and Jorginho in a two and Kante came back from injury and it all went tits up..... I really hope that doesn't happen again and Tuchel will react if it doesn't work 

Which run of games was that then ? I don't think we won more than two straight with Jorginho and Kovacic starting when Kante didn't last season ? Probably why I am struggling to remember it 🙂

He learns quick which is important considering we're over halfway through the season with little room for error. Not a fan of the likes of Alonso/Rudiger but both put in a good shift today. Apparently we've only allowed 1 shot on target in 2 matches now which is incredible. Interested to see if he will use 3-5-2 vs spurs and who he will put up front. Tammy and Werner didn't work out this time. 

Edited by Valhalla

I love Frank but he doesn't have this type of tactical nous in his locker. Not saying you can't win without Tuchel's detailed tactical ideas but under Frank we never had clear structure, idea and identity. I never cared for that as it was Frank's idea of football. It was sort of refreshing after Sarri. Now it feels very refreshing to hear Tuchel talk about tactics in great detail...

32 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I remembered that. However, you can't play Kova and Jorgie every game and forever.

When Kante gets in the game, I am confident that Tuchel will use Kante differently than Frank had used Kante. 

46 minutes ago, M.M.B said:

I think all of us frankie fans now need to except T T as our coach, get behind our team & stop watching with gritted teeth . Im sure it will be a lot more enjoyable for us.

Up the chels.....

I am neither a Frank supporter, nor a traditional Chelsea supporter but I do remember the good old days of Frank, Terry, Cech, Drogba, Cole, and co.

Damn it, I just want to see some fun, exciting, and winning football. For that, I am behind Tuchel.