Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

43 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I do think Alonso will play a lot more regularly under Tuchel, I just hope it’s only for when we play 3 like the Wolves game.

4 at the back, he is the worst full back I have ever seen. Even worse than Bosingwa.

I don't know about worst Left back though certainly does not cover himself in glory there yet can perform a role at LWB.

Listening to Tuchel say he needs to adapt to the opposition make me think Alonso will be used at times.

53 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I do think Alonso will play a lot more regularly under Tuchel, I just hope it’s only for when we play 3 like the Wolves game.

4 at the back, he is the worst full back I have ever seen. Even worse than Bosingwa.

Alonso outplayed Emerson under Sarri and Lampard as lb. It is like Pulisic beat Ziyech as rw

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Since Matic we have failed to get a classic DM that can hold the ball and pass. Bakayoko sucks at that he's only good without the ball, tackles mainly...

Conte wanted to play two mobile destroyer, Sarri wanted Jorginho, lamp splash money on 3 attackers which make little sense. 

52 minutes ago, Argo said:

If we go back to 16/17 pretty much the universal agreement was that Matic was the first port of call in regards to an upgrade (maybe second to Alonso).

He did an allright job for what he was told to do but he was still a pale shadow of the prime Matic of 2014 and has been average at best for United. Even during the title win season we really missed an aggressive runner through the lines, which Bakayoko actually done for Monaco. Against Tottenham especially the lack of that type of player really came home to roost as Dembele and Waynama won the midfield battle in those games even the one's we won (ironically a Monaco side with Bakayoko in it dominated Spurs in the CL).

I could understand the idea around Baka and even Drinkwater coming in to Conte's system (Baka to give us the breaking the lines runs from midfield and Drinkwater because of his quick passes on the counter and proven partnership with Kante) and If they brought their Monaco/Leicester selves with us they'd have both been upgrades on Matic in my opinion. The most criminal aspect of that transfer window was the lack of upgrade at wing backs, with a three game a week season coming up we needed atleast four quality one's given the physical demand of them in Conte's system.

Considering we haven't got anywhere near challenging for the title ever since we've got rid of him would highight that selling him was the incorrect call, I don't think we needed a runner with the ball but we needed someone with positional intelligence and someone with the ability to sit in front of the defense.

At the time you are right we were after someone who would be more adventurous then Matic alongside bringing the defensive solidity of Matic which is near on impossible and the club thought Bakayako was that person which didnt work out & I think the club realized this and tried to remedy it by bringing in Drinkwater which was again a failure. We havent been able to find a balance to our midfield ever since Matic has left and the reason may be that we are after a flashy Midfielder to come in and do 2 jobs when in reality we could potentially play someone like Christensen alongside Kante to sit in front of that defense to provide cover and presence.

11 minutes ago, RMH said:

I don't disagree, but the times he's played this season he's been solid. I still think we need an upgrade to compete with Chilwell.

He was the reason we concede against Spurs in fa cup and it was typical emerson.

I don't rate emerson but for backup he is fine plus we still have Azpi. 

23 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Considering we haven't got anywhere near challenging for the title ever since we've got rid of him would highight that selling him was the incorrect call, I don't think we needed a runner with the ball but we needed someone with positional intelligence and someone with the ability to sit in front of the defense.

At the time you are right we were after someone who would be more adventurous then Matic alongside bringing the defensive solidity of Matic which is near on impossible and the club thought Bakayako was that person which didnt work out & I think the club realized this and tried to remedy it by bringing in Drinkwater which was again a failure. We havent been able to find a balance to our midfield ever since Matic has left and the reason may be that we are after a flashy Midfielder to come in and do 2 jobs when in reality we could potentially play someone like Christensen alongside Kante to sit in front of that defense to provide cover and presence.

The main reason we have (in my opinion) not challenged since we last won has nothing to do with Matic, the three main reason's for me are a) we have effectively lost five world class players since the last title, three to sale's (Tibo, Hazard, Costa) and two to decline (Azpi, Kante) aswell as an elite passer (Cesc) b) our style that served us so well between Mou's two stints was becoming yesterday's style (hence Jose's big fall of a cliff), Conte gave the pragmatic style a last horrah by catching the league flatfooted with a formation change but we were kicking the can down the road at that point, that meant we needed to untertake a style transition which was always going to take a few years and c) Pep and Klopp's sides hitting the absolute peak of their powers. 

If Sarri or Lampard even challenged for the league in those two years swimming against those tides it would have been an off the scale achievement, hopefully from next season on we can come out the other side.

Edited by Argo

7 hours ago, coco said:

Our midfield seem to think if they stay in the center circle passing it around in little triangles, the opposition will have to come out to play, but unfortunately they don't fall for sh*t like that.

hmm, maybe they need to go off on a tangent.......🤔

7 minutes ago, Argo said:

The main reason we have (in my opinion) not challenged since we last won has nothing to do with Matic, the three main reason's for me are a) we have effectively lost five world class players since the last title, three to sale's (Tibo, Hazard, Costa) and two to decline (Azpi, Kante) aswell as an elite passer (Cesc) b) our style that served us so well between Mou's two stints was becoming yesterday's style (hence Jose's big fall of a cliff), Conte gave the pragmatic style a last horrah by catching the league flatfooted with a formation change but we were kicking the can down the road at that point, that meant we needed to untertake a style transition which was always going to take a few years and c) Pep and Klopp's sides hitting the absolute peak of their powers. 

If Sarri or Lampard even challenged for the league in those two years swimming against those tides it would have been an off the scale achievement.

I agree with a lot of the points you've made but I am baffled that you fail to acknowledge the disruption that Matic's sale brought to our midfield, we lost our only CDM and have not replaced himfor 4 seasons now. We have tried to play Jorginho there yet have found ourselves completely open on the transition and we have also tried playing Kante, Kova and Billy with varying degrees of success, the point is not so much that Matic has left and everything has gone to pot but Matic has left and we've not replaced him with a competent CDM. You bring in Matic even the watered down 2017 version and he walks into our starting 11 4 years later right next to Kante.