Barnsley v Chelsea (FA) Thur 11th Feb 2021 20:00 GMT

That one was a tough watch. Arguably one of the worse games ive seen us win. 1 shot in target, multiple players with terrible games, first touch, and passing abysmal. Ziyech and Pulisic looked like non league players. 

At least we are through, and at least it is iver and didnt go to extra time. 

Just now, dkw said:

Are you saying young players shouldn't be given any leeway at all? They should be held to the same standards as a 29 year old international ?

No of course not, but at the end of the day, results wise, that sort of stuff doesn't matter, if a player puts in a 6/10, he puts in a 6/10, regardless if he's 17, 24 or 34. 

Shocking performance. Abraham and to a lesser extent CHO/Kepa played well. Other than that everyone else was poor or average. I don’t think we’ll be seeing much change from the teams that played against Spurs and Sheffield. 

Another win though is the main thing and a favourable draw in the quarter finals.

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

He has a point though, it's youngster bias. If Jorginho played the same way Gilmour did he would be getting slated on here. 

I just think what is an real eye opener here is can you remember the last time Jorginho created a goal scoring opportunity?

Gilmour’s last game was the last game under Frank and there was the Billy CHO Tammy combination.

Tonight it was Billy James Tammy. Can you see Jorginho doing anything like that?

That’s my frustration with Jorginho. Billy is so much better offensively and he even shows more steel, despite being really small.

This was a very poor performance, the manager set the tone by the selection and the players couldn't be arsed to turn up

The FA Cup on a cold night , poor pitch and a team up for a challenge is a great leveller

The itches didnt show tonight, Pulisic and Ziyech were poor throughout and Kovacic made up the treble

Tammy and Kepa are the only ones who really came out with any glory

Onto the Quarter finals, Tommy had better learn and take the match seriously , even Sheffield will be a different proposition with a trip to Wembley on the horizon

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Are you saying young players shouldn't be given any leeway at all? They should be held to the same standards as a 29 year old international ?

So saying nothing is your leeway then.

Idk why this blows up so much it was just a comment about Gilmour only want to praise him or what? 

2 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I just think what is an real eye opener here is can you remember the last time Jorginho created a goal scoring opportunity?

Gilmour’s last game was the last game under Frank and there was the Billy CHO Tammy combination.

Tonight it was Billy James Tammy. Can you see Jorginho doing anything like that?

That’s my frustration with Jorginho. Billy is so much better offensively and he even shows more steel, despite being really small.

Ah come on Dan dont turns this in to another Jorginho criticism thread mate...lol

1 minute ago, Nevamind said:

So saying nothing is your leeway then.

Idk why this blows up so much it was just a comment about Gilmour only want to praise him or what? 

Here's an idea then, don't compare him to how Jorginho is treat.

1 minute ago, dansubrosa said:

I agree, he's getting the ball forward more, missed some opportunities though to play the ball forward like Shearer pointed out at HT which was a good analysis. 

Basically what I'm saying here is, is that youngsters have different standards. We'll obviously give Gilmour more credit and less criticism because he's 19, for his standards that was a good performance. But if you take those standards out of the equation, it really isn't anything better than what Jorginho provides if I'm being blunt. 

But that's not to say, I don't see the perks in playing Gilmour over Jorginho, given he has development/potential on his side.