Barnsley v Chelsea (FA) Thur 11th Feb 2021 20:00 GMT

There are a good few that have played a lot of minutes under Tuchel and need a rest. 
Mount Werner Jorginho Azip and Kovacic shouldn’t be anywhere near this game.

starts for Zouma Gilmore Kante Ziyech Haverts and Tammy a must. 

So many games in short amount of time. It just doesn’t feel right playing FA cup game on a Thursday. Never mind playing Spurs on Thursday last week! Strange season.

Billy Gilmour has to start this one. All he need is 10 minutes to shoe Tuchel how much better he is than Jorginho!

56 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

So many games in short amount of time. It just doesn’t feel right playing FA cup game on a Thursday. Never mind playing Spurs on Thursday last week! Strange season.

Billy Gilmour has to start this one. All he need is 10 minutes to shoe Tuchel how much better he is than Jorginho!

Agreed.

Think TT is worried Gilmour might be a bit light-weight due to his size. But looking at that first 30 minutes yesterday, can you get any more light-weight than Jorginho? Fleck must have felt Christmas had come again and brushed him aside as if he wasn't there.

Hopefully Billy will play himself into contention in the Barnsley game.

Edited by Nibs

Might see a change in formation for this? Might depend on who is fit and available. 

Kepa

James - Zouma - Christensen - Chillwell

Gilmore - Kante

CHO - Ziyech - Pulisic

Abraham 

I'm assuming Werner will sit this one out after coming off last night with a dead leg. Hopefully Pulisic and Haverz are fit because I think they both some playing time. 

Good chance to give Gilmore some minutes, a decent performance from him could put him into Tuchel's thoughts a bit more and it's a good oppotunity to build Kante's match fitness. 

You'd like to think we'll win this one fairly comfortably and once you get past this round you start to seriously think about trying to win it. 

• coco changed the title to Barnsley v Chelsea (FA) Thur 11th Feb 2021 20:00 GMT

Cannot make too may changes for this one, a loss here would hit our momentum imo. Am also wondering like others here of we change the system here too.

Mendy

James

Zouma

Christensen

Chilwell

Gilmour

Kante

CHO

Mount

Pulisic

Abraham

Which could change to a 3-4-3 with ease imo

Mendy

James

Christensen

Zouma

CHO

Kante

Gilmour

Chilwell

Mount

Abraham

Pulisic

Edited by axman2526
8 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Might see a change in formation for this? Might depend on who is fit and available. 

Kepa

James - Zouma - Christensen - Chillwell

Gilmore - Kante

CHO - Ziyech - Pulisic

Abraham 

Probably won't be the team but its kind of what I would choose.   Its Gilmour but I make so many typos Its a bit hypocritical of me to draw attention to another's.

Be interesting to see what Tuchel does here. Foreign coaches usually dont treat the FA cup as that important, so he may see this as a perfect chance to try out players who havent had a lot of minutes and even different formations or style of play. 

53 minutes ago, dkw said:

Be interesting to see what Tuchel does here. Foreign coaches usually dont treat the FA cup as that important, so he may see this as a perfect chance to try out players who havent had a lot of minutes and even different formations or style of play. 

Why wouldn't he? We should be able to beat Barnsley and people are dying to see Gilmoure and Abraham play.

Having beaten these already at home 6-0 I hope we do take their threat seriously enough on their own pitch. I expect them to really up for this and we need to match their workrate  first and then our better players should take hold of the tie. 

2 hours ago, charierre said:

Having beaten these already at home 6-0 I hope we do take their threat seriously enough on their own pitch. I expect them to really up for this and we need to match their workrate  first and then our better players should take hold of the tie. 

Without the fans it's a completely different game. Being at home is much less of a advantage.

Kepa in goal is my only concern, he let in a goal in the last round and I watched Barnsley beat Norwich they are a competent championship side and at home will be way up for it, if he starts he weakens the team as usual. Id rather see Big Willy now the shop windows closed (like what stupid club would ever sign kepa off Romans hands😅), otherwise rotate away if the right attitude is displayed,  it won’t be easy but Chelsea should prevail by a few. 

10 minutes ago, chi blue said:

At least us fans haven’t got to travel all the way up on a Thursday night, remember being up there when they knocked us out in 2008! Bloody long trip home

Missed that one thank goodness but when up there in the 80s. Open away stand, no roof, the good old days,  wind, rain and sh*t football.