Barnsley v Chelsea (FA) Thur 11th Feb 2021 20:00 GMT

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

That's not really fair man, I can't be the one responsible for other people constantly complaining about a player that wasn't even on the bench tonight... Billy is nice but he doesn't really play in Jorginho's position in the recent games he was involved anyway - that would be Kante this game, if we are to be honest.

It’s all light hearted humour, don’t take it seriously.

Although i was serious about Gilmour.

Desperate performance, So many players not at it, what sort of performances were those from Pulisic and Ziyech and that’s just scratching the surface.

Not done their chances  of future selection much of a boost.

Very disappointed with both Billy and Kante, loose in possession far too often and neither got the team moving at any point in the game.

painful viewing 

23 minutes ago, Jangz said:

Don’t remember a poorer performance in recent memory.. agreed the pitch was poor but Ziyech and Pulisic looked really poor.. Pulisic didn’t show up in the second half at all..

Ziyech not only very overrated, didn’t want to be there, his body language before game looked shocking

This is not a dig at Pulisic just for this seasons performances but I think he has been totally overhyped by Chelsea fans from the start.

Good enough player and will do a job but he’s no Robben or Hazard. 

Had a few decent games when he first arrived, Liverpool springs to mind but he needed to  do that in a regular basis. Had his injury problems but I think teams know how to play him now.

OK peoples. Bad pitch. That's it. That explains it all. Now it all makes sense. Every Chelsea player running today had a bad game. Either bad or really bad. Kepa was our best player and he was standing still. He was not running. That's why he was so good today otherwise the pitch would have consumed him too.  What else could explain Ziyech, Pulisic, Kovacic and others performances. Kovacic for the f..k sake. He was our best player besides Mount in the past games. If Mount was on the pitch today I bet he would have had a poor game We would probably explain it by being tired from past games but truly it would have been the bad pitch. He just escaped of a shame playing today. Right?Right..? Does this make sense to you as it's so clear to me now..? Eh?

Edited by rocker_joker

5 minutes ago, rocker_joker said:

OK peoples. Bad pitch. That's it. That explains it all. Now it all makes sense. Every Chelsea player running today had a bad game. Either bad or really bad. Kepa was our best player and he was standing still. He was not running. That's why he was so good today otherwise the pitch would have consumed him too.  What else could explain Ziyech, Pulisic, Kovacic and others performances. Kovacic for the f..k sake. He was our best player besides Mount in the past games. If Mount was on the pitch today I bet he would have had a poor game We would probably explain it by being tired from past games but truly it would have been the bad pitch. He just escaped of a shame playing today. Right?Right..? Does this make sense to you as it's so clear to me now..? Eh?

Your taking the pitch.

1 hour ago, andy said:

Anyone mentioned Kepa ? Fighting for his place, had to introduce the punch because of the height of Barnsley .... did okay, couple of the punches were a bit ropey. Not saying he should replace Mendy but fair play to him a tough place to be a keeper

Yeah, and he also made a good save that was critical to us getting the win. Mendy hasn’t been great lately, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Tuchel gives Kepa the chance to try and regain his place.

At least Tuchel would think hardly any of tonight’s players will go knocking on doors above him causing trouble. He can say I need time to work with these players and get them to work to his ideas. 

But we know that doesn’t happen. Will be interesting to see his relationship with Cech going forward.

This must be the most influential game Kepa had in more than a year, either Tuchel did something right or that was an imposter been playing Kepa for the last 12 months. A win is a win, with Liverpool\Spurs\Arsenal all out we may have a good chance this season. Expect a freshed up team against Newcastle, and much better performance.

3 hours ago, Deino said:

Mendy hasn't been great?  What?

for me late in the game against Sheff Utd. there was a ball that came to the box and mendy simply barged through everyone to collect it..releasing all the pressure. While Mendy hasnt made a lot of world class saves... this kind of stuff just releases so much pressure of the defense.. i wouldnt want Kepa in goal for any EPL matches at least for now..

Very poor pitch like I remember from 20-30 years ago. Some players like cho been at Chelsea from young age probably not played on pitch like that all that often. 
hoped for more but can’t say I’m all that surprised by how game went. 
thought Tammy worked a lot harder off the ball. He mucked things up a couple of times but with more work they’ll get en right. I thought havertz was over his injury?

6 hours ago, bluedave said:

So are you against competition for places then? One of the things I’ve like about TT is that everybody has been given a fresh slate.

I'm all for providing competition for Mendy just not from someone who has proven time and time again not good enough.

The save was great but it's too little too late (not to mention he actually did f**k up again but was saved by Tammy's goal line clearance).

1 hour ago, Argo said:

I'm all for providing competition for Mendy just not from someone who has proven time and time again not good enough.

The save was great but it's too little too late (not to mention he actually did f**k up again but was saved by Tammy's goal line clearance).

Yeah right, we should just freeze him out permanently because he was bad for a period in the past, even if he shows signs of improvement under the new regime.

3 minutes ago, bluedave said:

Yeah right, we should just freeze him out permanently because he was bad for a period in the past, even if he shows signs of improvement under the new regime.

Why did no one have this same energy for Turnbull?

There's bad and there's letting in almost 1 shot out of every 2 you face (which was the case last season). Also if we're on the subject of f**k up's he's made atleast one big mistake every time he's played this season bar Krasnador (and even then Mendy would have saved possibly even caught the shot he let in).

Yes playing with Silva and/or a more structured system will help him to a point, but he'd still make us vulnerable at set pieces, he'll still be vulnerable against long range shots and he'll still parry in weak shots that any keeper should be expected to save. All of the above was the case in his first season we just tried to convince ourselves it was a first season in England thing.