Next new Striker

Ballack & Blu

17 hours ago, ronin said:

I lost interest in when you said Varane would walk into the first 11. Have you seen him play lately?  Constantly making game losing decisions. Losing attackers, ill timed tackles, not picking up runners.  

Sounds like he wouldn’t have to adapt his game too much….

39 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

We haven’t signed a striker? There’s only 6/7 weeks left in the window! The season starts in 4 weeks!

image.jpeg.ad3c461ef7d7702fd218d044b5dac37b.jpeg

The funny thing is, we are well and truly in panic mode now. With the Haaland saga officially over; Lukaku not going anywhere; we really are in panic mode. Without a world class goal scorer next season Chelsea are simply not equipped for anything more than a top4 finish and cup run. Although I’d happily watch our forward line miss every single chance they get (like they usually do) if it meant another UCL win.

1 hour ago, thebluekid said:

The funny thing is, we are well and truly in panic mode now. With the Haaland saga officially over; Lukaku not going anywhere; we really are in panic mode. Without a world class goal scorer next season Chelsea are simply not equipped for anything more than a top4 finish and cup run. Although I’d happily watch our forward line miss every single chance they get (like they usually do) if it meant another UCL win.

Not really getting why so many are closed minded to the prospect of second season improvement for our signings.

3 hours ago, thebluekid said:

Lukaku not going anywhere has eased the panic slightly for me...

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Not really getting why so many are closed minded to the prospect of second season improvement for our signings.

That improvement is one thing but we will be a weaker team if we don't sign anyone. We could be fine even without Haaland/Kane but Tuchel should try to get a number 9 since Giroud is gone and Tammy also most likely.

Maybe even a number 7 winger and a number 6 midfielder just to have the depth that is needed for all competitions. If one key player gets injured as it stands we would suddenly be a much weaker team (part from Pulisic since him and Werner share a similar spot).

I think we should push hard for Halaand over the next week or so (very unlikely Dortmund would sell late in the transfer window and leave themselves no time for a replacement) and then move on if no joy, maybe then a quick attempt Lukaku and then maybe someone like Ings or even convince Tammy to stay.

It would be nice to get new players in place for the Super Cup or even the tough away matches against Arsenal & Liverpool in August but looking unlikely at this rate.

Maybe the board are happy playing the long game and hope we do enough to get through August's tough fixtures...

8 minutes ago, Bluesince66 said:

It's only a hunch,but I'm starting to have a feeling we will really try for lakaku,I've read that there were problems with him and someone at chelsea but its pretty much resolved. 

I’d rather us give Werner another go than sign Lukaku. We’ll end up looking for another striker next summer imo

Lewa is older, no resale value, but in the last year of his deal. 

Main issue is that Bayern have no replacement lined up. 

Dortmund have Malen pretty much sown up, at least that's what it seems. 

It's a crap shoot! 

At some point we are going to see a big story about a massive bid having been launched for Kane. £90 million + Tammy or something like that.

Very much doubt a deal will happen but I can see the story coming.

3 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I’d think trying to prise Lewa from Bayern, is significantly going to be harder than attaining  Haaland, Why would Bayern let their no1 goal machine leave, and like us no real replacement, lazy lazy journalism, smacked with a ton of sensationalistic click bait guaranteed …

Agreed. Even if Lewa does not sign a new deal Bayern would most likely be happier to keep him for one more season and then allow him to go for free than to sell him now and leave themselves short.

Waste of money and time looking for a world class striker, we have a decent team and some very good attacking players, what we need IMO is a creative midfielder. I'd rather spend the money there rather than spunking £150-175 mill on a 20 year old 18 month wonder kid who just might get eaten alive by the PL central defenders.   

Just splash £50m on Lewa. We’ve already made £50m from selling Moses, Tomori and Ghuei. There’s no point signing a second class striker - it won’t improve anything. 

Just get it done Marina. 

6 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

Waste of money and time looking for a world class striker, we have a decent team and some very good attacking players, what we need IMO is a creative midfielder. I'd rather spend the money there rather than spunking £150-175 mill on a 20 year old 18 month wonder kid who just might get eaten alive by the PL central defenders.   

I've looked at the two formations being rumoured that we will use next season. The 343 we used last season and 424.

The defense and the wing backs, I feel they are still okay for next season. But the midfield, in the 343 formation, I think we need two players there, but we only have three players there at the moment, if one of them gets injured, then we have only two left, then if another one gets injured at thesame time, then we only have one left. So, I feel we need one more midfielder in that position. I will really like us to buy Declan Rice this summer. 

Yes, I know that might mean reduced playing time for them, but I feel if we really want to be a big European side, we really need a big team of superstars who might have reduced playing time and yet have ambition to win big things for the club. I feel Declan Rice will add quality to our team. However, if we can't get him, I really hope Kovacic will be fit throughout the season.

In the 424 formation, i believe the two midfielders must be solid to prevent the backline from being exposed. If that is the case, then Declan Rice will still be the best candidate alongside Kante. 

In attack, in the 343 formation, we may have Mount, Havertz and Werner. We may not need to get Haaland. Pulisic, Ziyech, Abraham and Broja can also be coming in in those positions.

In the 424 formation, I really don't know how Tuchel will do it, who will play the left wing in the attack? who will play the right wing in the attack? Who are the two strikers that will play? I don't understand. If we want to use this system, then we may need to buy a new left wing attacker. But for the right wing forward, I think we have Ziyech who can play there, but I don't fancy Havertz there. For the two strikers, we might need to buy a good striker.

I feel the 424 formation is underutilizing the players we have. Because I think we will not be using Havertz, Mount or Pulisic. So maybe the 343 formation will still be the best formation for us to use next season.

Edited by hephzibah