Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

7 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Yes. I have a feeling Ziyech will start this one too. He has been used quite a bit in the big games.

Exactly. Leaves him with Havertz and Pulisic as his impact subs.

To be fair the only forward who has shown he is capable of scoring against City is Ziyech, the rest have been little threat with poor finishing.

11 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Its like most a lot of to be fair. The fans that supported the teams before they came upon huge success are generally going to remember the old days and act less entitled. I know quite a lot of older United fans who are very fair and decent too. I haven't come across too many obnoxious City fans although I am sure there are plenty that have jumped on the bandwagon in recent years. No doubt we have our fair sure too 😉

Plenty post on here. Especially in matchday threads.

6 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

So was Petr's until around May 2012.

I'm 30 so just became eligible for my first  jab - is it bad that I'm delaying it until next week because I don't want to do anything which might risk wiping me out for this game?

Not bad, nothing short of heroic

14 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

So we have winged creature around our hotel called "Lucifer"? Well that is a great sign isn't it....

Presumably City are staying in a hotel with an Angel on top?

45 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

The hero we needed

Imagine a pigeon swooping down for a chip off of Rudi's plate, some scary ass looking falcon would be the least of its problem

6 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

I'm 30 so just became eligible for my first  jab - is it bad that I'm delaying it until next week because I don't want to do anything which might risk wiping me out for this game?

Yeah leave it mate. I’m 30 too and the first jab have left me bed ridden for 2 days

3 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

Errr our back up taker, Werner would probably be on the list before Mount, Ziyech and Havertz .

In order of who we want taking penalties

Jorgi, Werner, Havertz, Mount, Ziyech/Reece games.

In the order in which to take the penalties, Havertz, Ziyech/reece james, Jorgi, Wener, Mount

I was working on the assumption Werner will start and most likely be off by the time pens come around. If it goes that far, I imagine only Mount would play the full 120. 

1 hour ago, forbzy said:

Its like most a lot of to be fair. The fans that supported the teams before they came upon huge success are generally going to remember the old days and act less entitled. I know quite a lot of older United fans who are very fair and decent too. I haven't come across too many obnoxious City fans although I am sure there are plenty that have jumped on the bandwagon in recent years. No doubt we have our fair sure too 😉

Yeah, true that mate. I guess ultimately it comes down to individuals. Lots of good people, few nobheads - everyone supports someone! 

3 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

Errr our back up taker, Werner would probably be on the list before Mount, Ziyech and Havertz .

In order of who we want taking penalties

Jorgi, Werner, Havertz, Mount, Ziyech/Reece games.

In the order in which to take the penalties, Havertz, Ziyech/reece james, Jorgi, Wener, Mount

Ok let's talk pen takers for fun. Our pen takers fill me with dread.

Jorgi does well in regular game time but our last shoot out he missed against City.

Werner cannot hit a barn door when he is onside.

Havertz will likely try something fancy and spoon it over the bar.

Ziyech I feel confident in so he has less chance than anyone of scoring his, even Werner...

Mount missed his last pen in a shoot out at Spurs.

Too much pressure to put on James.

Think our best chances would be going

1. Rudiger

2. Emerson 

3. Chilwell

4. Alonso

5. Dave

Giroud would be a good option of he comes on as well.

To add I would stick with Mendy if we go to pens. 

Yes he has looked pretty useless at saving them. We can hope Cech has been working with him to help.

Kepa is useless and Willy way too rusty.

When I rationally look at this game I just can't see a positive outcome for us. 

Jorginho has looked terrible of late, making a couple of errors directly leading to goals. Kovavic has looked rusty at best. I just hope Kante is fit and Jorginhos proves me wrong. Right now I'd be over the moon as an opposition fan seeing Jorginho in the starting line up.

I don't even want to think about our attacking play and our sloppiness in front of goal.

Thankfully, looking at football in a rational way is pointless, and anything can happen. 

COYB, make us proud.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12319315/chelseas-ngolo-kante-and-edouard-mendy-fit-for-champions-league-final-man-citys-ilkay-gundogan-picks-up-training-knock

Good news on both Mendy and Kante. Passed their medical tests and declare fit.

City player Gundogan took a knock in their training session. No word if it will affect his availability or not yet.

Well im very lucky to be here to watch this game..not long been out of southend hospital....doing my job and was hit by a vehicle they say was travelling around 40 miles per hour....only knew about anything when i woke up in shopland ward.....fractures of the pelvis....prob lose job as theyve signed me off till end august...doing lots of aided walking to help recoup...now to biz......some of you will know i have to do this as im normally wrong....we will lose this match 3 1.....good luck team...have fun fans

2 minutes ago, Mike Carefree said:

Well im very lucky to be here to watch this game..not long been out of southend hospital....doing my job and was hit by a vehicle they say was travelling around 40 miles per hour....only knew about anything when i woke up in shopland ward.....fractures of the pelvis....prob lose job as theyve signed me off till end august...doing lots of aided walking to help recoup...now to biz......some of you will know i have to do this as im normally wrong....we will lose this match 3 1.....good luck team...have fun fans

Best wishes and prayers for your healing mate 👏

3 minutes ago, Mike Carefree said:

Get well soon, hope things will get better fir you in the future. Surely someone has to pay for causing that accident though?

After the 2008 final in a cafe here in Serbia, I was so f**ked up that I watched TV commercials half an hour after the penalty shootout and licked a mug of beer. Most of the people in that cafe didn’t even watch the game. There were some alcoholics, workers etc. There was only one young man besides me who watched the match and after all he just cry and cry and he didnt lift his head from the table and he was not drunk.  I just hugged him and told him : "My brother, your tears will bring many finals for Chelsea in the coming years", he asked "When, when.." , i just said "You ll se, be patient.."I never saw him again but I hope he remembered me in the nights of May 2012, 2013, 2019...

And i hope he will remember me tomorrow 😎

7 minutes ago, Mike Carefree said:

This is why at the end of the day it's just a football match! Life is more important!  Get well soon mate, and if we win tomorrow it's a bonus!

8 minutes ago, Mike Carefree said:

Hopefully the lads help you feel better tomorrow. Don't re-crack your pelvis jumping up  as our third goal goes in

4 minutes ago, VladimirCFC said:

After the 2008 final in a cafe here in Serbia, I was so f**ked up that I watched TV commercials half an hour after the penalty shootout and licked a mug of beer.
 Most of the people in that cafe didn’t even watch the game. 
There were some alcoholics, workers etc. There was only one young man besides me who watched the match and after all he just cry and cry and he didnt lift his head from the table and he was not drunk. 
I just hugged him and told him : "My brother, your tears will bring many finals for Chelsea in the coming years", he asked "When, when.." , i just said "You ll se, be patient.."I never saw him again but I hope he remembered me in the nights of May 2012, 2013, 2019... And i hope he will remember me tomorrow 😎

Sounds like one of those... Old school, authentic stories... I wonder how some older fans felt like in 1998 in Monaco now that I read this, wonder if anyone here ever shared a story about that win vs Real Madrid...

Happy that so many are coming together now, KTBFFH