Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

Yeah but de bruyne  for instance beat Brazil in a World Cup quarter. Also it’s only chelse that they play all the time not Bayern or Real Madrid. We are underdogs according to all the betting agencies and most of the pundits. I think back to the team that lost in Moscow v the one that won in Munich and -in my hopes on it being a cup game. If we can score a lucky goal maybe we can defend well enough. 

On 24/05/2021 at 23:05, Spiller86 said:

I said a few weeks back with 5 games to go, that if we won most of the 5 it would be a good season and if we lost them it would be a pretty poor season after our spending and then sacking a club legend mid season.

Well turns out we lost 3 of the 4 so far, including criminally losing the FA Cup. We came within 15 minutes of missing the top four too only to be saved by Spurs of all teams.

Key question is whether we are a team of nearly men managed by a nearly man or whether we have bottle and can show up in the big moments. I think we have a squad to hurt them if we turn up. Critical that Kante and Mendy are fit though. 

Important game for Tuchel. No one remembers Avram finishing second in a bunch of different comps. He needs to win this. Otherwise it's not out of the question that he goes the same way as Avram after the Moscow final.

Lose Saturday and TT may well be out, Chelsea and Roman require winners it’s been in the DNA since 2003, and to be honest so far the business end of the season has been quite pathetic and that won’t be lost on Roman, this club has no room  for mangers who choke. Hope we and TT lift old big ears on Saturday, but at present looks doubtful on recent form

I really we bring Big Willy on if it goes to penalties. He knows the squad and is excellent at penalties. Mendy should put aside why egos and let Willy come on. City have even said that they would be intimidated by him. 

55 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Lose Saturday and TT may well be out, Chelsea and Roman require winners it’s been in the DNA since 2003, and to be honest so far the business end of the season has been quite pathetic and that won’t be lost on Roman, this club has no room  for mangers who choke. Hope we and TT lift old big ears on Saturday, but at present looks doubtful on recent form

TUchel is going nowhere next season. Even if we got rid of him, who would you bring in?

50 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Has anyone added 'Manchester side just lost a European final' into the fate tabulator?

:iDEa:

But let's face it, it's all about the colour of our kit, mainly the socks. Oh, and VAR. And Kante. And Mendy. And the positioning of Azpi and Reece. And offside goals. 

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

TUchel is going nowhere next season. Even if we got rid of him, who would you bring in?

Well that’s the question who would we get in, but you know what Chelsea are like

There were 800 Chelsea tickets returned in some kind of error where people couldn't buy them even though they were available.

Probably means there will be fewer Chelsea fans in the stadium... could be a minor disadvantage having less support

22 minutes ago, Tambling Dice said:

Rest easy Ladies & Gents.....the omens are good.

When we won in 2012 we were in the middle of my son's 21st and better half's 50th birthday celebrations.

....and on Saturday it's my daughter's wedding day.

Enough said...

Hope you're going to be able to find a quiet corner to watch the match

3 hours ago, JM7 said:

I really we bring Big Willy on if it goes to penalties. He knows the squad and is excellent at penalties. Mendy should put aside why egos and let Willy come on. City have even said that they would be intimidated by him. 

was thinking the same yesterday. But I guess if TT doing something like that, he will be choosing Kepa. 
We all know how bad Edouard is at pens, Kepa is much more experienced. Willy of course is the best of them, but TT won't go that far.

5 hours ago, chi blue said:

I doubt that will happen now we were gifted top 4. 4 out of 5 games lost would be a shocking bottle job at the end of the season and would include 2 cup finals lost and almost saw us drop from 3rd to 5th and Europa league football.

Whatever way you look at it Roman will be concerned that, at the business end, we bottled it completely unless we redeem ourselves on Saturday.

To add to that having bottled the last 2 fa cup finals and only not bottling the top 4 this season because we got help from the top bottlers themselves, if we also bottle the CL final I really hope Roman finally sees there is something wrong in this groups mentality.

11 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

To add to that having bottled the last 2 fa cup finals and only not bottling the top 4 this season because we got help from the top bottlers themselves, if we also bottle the CL final I really hope Roman finally sees there is something wrong in this groups mentality.

I am pretty sure if we can sign one wc attacker and one wc midfielder, our "mental" problem will suddenly disappear. 

This is the line up I’d like to see. Would potentially swap Ziyech for CHO or Havertz and swap Kante for Kovacic.

But I think we’d profit from removing Werner and using his energy and legs later on. Plus his offside goal per game ratio is really starting to piss me off and I don’t think my ticker can take it in a UCL Final.

5CB80B7F-CC61-4458-A2E4-06255F4A0BB9.jpeg

I guess both us and City will meet with a player or two missing.

Perhaps for us Mendy and Christensen and who knows perhaps they might need to play Stones or and Mendy.

A consideration to be optimistic until K.O

31 minutes ago, Frawdulant said:

This is the line up I’d like to see. Would potentially swap Ziyech for CHO or Havertz and swap Kante for Kovacic.

But I think we’d profit from removing Werner and using his energy and legs later on. Plus his offside goal per game ratio is really starting to piss me off and I don’t think my ticker can take it in a UCL Final.

5CB80B7F-CC61-4458-A2E4-06255F4A0BB9.jpeg

Glad you're not the manager!

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

I doubt that will happen now we were gifted top 4. 4 out of 5 games lost would be a shocking bottle job at the end of the season and would include 2 cup finals lost and almost saw us drop from 3rd to 5th and Europa league football.

Whatever way you look at it Roman will be concerned that, at the business end, we bottled it completely unless we redeem ourselves on Saturday.

I would say that there is a big difference between losing to Leicester in the FA Cup final, and being beaten by arguably the best team in Europe in the Champions League final. But I know what you are saying. Our board can be very ruthless. If we manage to beat City in the final then of course nobody will care about the performance. The trophy would be all that mattered. If we lose however I think then our performance may be important to the board. But who knows with our board?

4 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Glad you're not the manager!

This is going to the moment when TT unleashes his masterplan 7 player back line. This is why he has been hoarding defensive players in the subs for so long. We will have a back 7 of Chilwell, Alonso, Thiago Silva, Rudiger, Christensen, Dave, Reece. City will be left scratching their heads as we hoof long balls up for Werner to chase. 😉

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Axman you have said elsewhere that in terms of strength of squads it’s 70:30 in favour of City. So if they were to win this, why would it not be about the better team winning rather than us bottling it? 

15 hours ago, Deino said:

The only way City lose this is if they take us easy (which after 2 losses against us, gives Pep ammo) and if our group of players turn up. But after that horrible run in the last 2 weeks, I have no clue if Tuchel can field our best 11 much less have the team be mentally ready for the fight of their lives.

On the bolded part, our current group of players bar Thiago Silva has also never reached the final of the CL. In fact, this team at the moment is serial bottlers. It's really hard to even imagine us winning this.

I will be happy to be proven wrong on this.

They are the favorites but that is something that can be our advantage, I think that our squad was up to the task in most big games, specially when we had less pressure and just gave our best.

Our past few games mean nothing anymore and we could afford to lose all of those games part from the FA Cup final.

The club did win the CL before so having that does make it easier on some level for our players because in comparison, Man City will be making history just by being in the final already. Everyone at Man City might insist on being confident but when Mount and Kante start running at them, things change.

22 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

The club did win the CL before so having that does make it easier on some level for our players because in comparison, 

None of this team were in that final so not sure that helps yet winning the Europa League should, otherwise agree.