Harry Slabhead Maguire

12 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I think he could be, because Kante is limited in the final 3rd. But I like to be an optimist with our academy players, I think Mount is one of the best attacking midfielders in the PL and would rather him than Saka or Foden. I know that makes.me an outlier among Chelsea fans. 

Maguire plays well for England in a back 3. If we can pick him up for a season loan, or get him for ~30m he could be what we need. It wouldn't be the first time recently we've turned a bad player in a 2 turn into a good one in a 3. 

Whilst the Maguire point is........surprising, do you honestly think Mount is a better player than Foden?

21 hours ago, BordeauxBlue said:

bohemian rhapsody queen GIF

Yes this is real life
Todd's football fantasy
He wants a man who'll slide in
and give away penalties

Open that wallet and continue the spending spreeee
He's just a poor boy, on 200 grand a week
And so Harry comes, Christian goes
Wages high, performance low

As soon as the referee blows
Chelsea'll be guaranteed defeaaat
Defeat...

16 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Whilst the Maguire point is........surprising, do you honestly think Mount is a better player than Foden?

Different players, but yes. 

His output is actually better than fodens, despite mount needing to do more defensive work and despite Foden playing in a better team.

2 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Yes this is real life
Todd's football fantasy
He wants a man who'll slide in
and give away penalties

Open that wallet and continue the spending spreeee
He's just a poor boy, on 200 grand a week
And so Harry comes, Christian goes
Wages high, performance low

As soon as the referee blows
Chelsea'll be guaranteed defeaaat
Defeat...

Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

“I’ve been asked a lot about Harry Maguire ... My understanding is that, at the moment, Chelsea’s priority is Wesley Fofana. This is the only answer I'm getting from Chelsea.”

I wonder if he is back up option if Fofana doesn’t happen 

28 minutes ago, JM7 said:

“I’ve been asked a lot about Harry Maguire ... My understanding is that, at the moment, Chelsea’s priority is Wesley Fofana. This is the only answer I'm getting from Chelsea.”

I wonder if he is back up option if Fofana doesn’t happen 

To everyone please don't shoot the messenger I feel bad enough as it is posting this. Can't see it happening but like everyone else praying it doesn't.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/20/chelsea-considering-harry-maguire-if-wesley-fofana-deal-falls-through

Edited by bluehaze

13 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Different players, but yes. 

His output is actually better than fodens, despite mount needing to do more defensive work and despite Foden playing in a better team.

Did anyone watch the Spurs vs Wolves match yesterday. That Nunes guy is a real deal. The way he took charge of the wolves midfield yesterday and his long range shots and a nice header that got Lloris rooted to the spot but a little wide of the post.... I daresay wolves have a 100m player in their hands within two years 

1 hour ago, d-one said:

Did anyone watch the Spurs vs Wolves match yesterday. That Nunes guy is a real deal. The way he took charge of the wolves midfield yesterday and his long range shots and a nice header that got Lloris rooted to the spot but a little wide of the post.... I daresay wolves have a 100m player in their hands within two years 

Yep. We were looking at Anthony chuffing Gordon at the ti

Edited by WhiteWall

1 hour ago, d-one said:

Hes another that's been stationed there by that agent Mendes. Next season he will be up for sale for huge money.

Upon reflection I've now decided I'd happily take Maguire in a straight swap for Pulisic as rumoured.

I wouldn't pay any money for Maguire but he's far better in his position than Pulisic is in his.  

There's at least some way to actually use Maguire even if it's bringing him on just for a late corner.