Graham Potter (Now Sacked ) - *Official* New (Now Old) Chelsea Manager

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

9 hours ago, bisright1 said:

It also would be insane if we spend however many on millions on Felix just for PL games. Can't believe anyone thought that was an option. 

The reason why it is difficult because you have to drop Badi who has been fantastic

4 hours ago, Zeta said:

They really should have waited until they had the sporting directors in, before sacking a CL winning manager and appointing Graham Hodgson. You can spend all the money you want, but if the manager has no clue, it's all a total waste.

Fans keep banging on about Tuchel but he was a big problem. He wasn’t interested in a long term vision, wanted experienced players, and couldn’t have enough defenders. You can clearly see the difference in the profile we are going for now v what we went for under Tuchel.

Potter being a bad manager for us doesn’t excuse the awful direction we were going under Tuchel. Won’t be surprised if we end up binning all his signings in the summer.

5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I would like to know why Mudryk came off. If he picked up a knock, then fair enough, but if it was a tactical change, I didn't like it. 

Mudryk may not have been very invovled in the first half, but it was clear to see that Fulham had suffocated that left hand side by putting an extra player there. There was a reason why our right hand side had so much space, it was because Fulham put that extra man on the left. The problem for us and the bonus for Fulham was that Ziyech was on the right. With his lack of pace it allowed their more energetic players to get across to him quicker than he could move forward and be a danger man.

Instead of taking Mudryk off, he should have taken Ziyech off for Madueke, a move which would have forced Fulham to take that extra man away from the left and give that side a bit more space.

Potter's changes killed the 2nd half in my opinion. He brings Madueke on for the wrong player, then brings Sterling on, moves Madueke to the other side, something that I think ruined his flow, but also brings Azpilicueta on which kills our attack because we have no support from the full backs.

Potter's tactical changes have been consistently sh*t so far. He more often than not makes things worse.

I think they said he had a cold but yeah I agree Ziyech should have been removed. Ill even go as far as saying he shouldn't have started.

3 hours ago, TimesUpPotter said:

Have we?

I've been a supporter for 28 years so just caught Hoddle who was in charge when I really started following the club.

Potter is comfortably the worst Chelsea manager in that time. the worst results, the worst demeanour,  the worst style of play and the worst resume excluding managers just starting their careers.

There's absolutely nothing positive to take from Potter being here which is why when people defend him they can only pretend he's going to be like one of the few managers who turned it around rather than focusing on signs of what Potter is actually doing here.

Just talking to fellow supporters around London the only manager I can recall us having who was so disliked and uninspiring was the Fat Spanish interim and that was because of comments he had made about the club he was obviously a much better manager than Potter.

The worst manager we have had since I’ve been watching  is villas boas, and even though we won the cl  vialli wasn’t much better. 

29 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

I think they said he had a cold but yeah I agree Ziyech should have been removed. Ill even go as far as saying he shouldn't have started.

Ziyech shouldn’t have started. Far too erratic, no goals in him. 

22 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Arteta finished 8th twice in a row and 5th last season.  Obviously only a fraction of what Potter spent.

Potter been at the club for only 4 months, with new owners, a world cup, hella injuries and now has to manage all these new signings.

It just wouldn't be fair to write him off yet.

Yeah, this thread is very depressing. Fans need a bit more patience 

Thought we looked alright last night. Another clean sheet and created two big chances. When the squad settles I'm excited about what's next.

The whole world and his dog has an opinion on Chelsea at the moment and the anti’s are having a field day. I was and still am for Potter and most of the new signings will come good. But for over 3 years now I’ve been hoping/ pleading for a ‘goal scorer’ as in someone who actually knows where the f**king goal is and realises the objective is to put the f**king ball into it. What does this massive squad do all week in training to try and do this?

Sooner or later Potter will be sacked as mediocre football surely isn't viable to the business plan but I wouldn't say its all down to Potter. 

I still think we will improve, players are returning and will get sharper etc, but I don't see us challenging for anything for a while.

Kai Havertz leading the line is not good enough and many others are not up to it. 

Positives are the defence, we've tightened up with Badiashile and Enzo has the quality to play anywhere in the midfield. 

We just have to have faith at the moment and accept that we are rebuilding. 

At the minute, it feels like we’ve got a worse version of Tuchel. Potter plays the same tactics - low risk, possession based football but without that killer instinct. 

He’s got to find a way to get us scoring. He’s shored up the defence, I’ll give him credit for that. But our attack still continues to be toothless. Gary Neville said last night that our attack was basic, predictable and our players are too far apart from each other. 

We can't buy everything we need a single window. Lukaku was supposed to be the striker we needed. Lukaku decided to down tools and wanted to leave. Not sure wtf happened there between him and Tuchel. But he was supposed to be that main goalscorer.

Giroud is then let go of and we have zero strikers. The new ownership was left in a sh*t position with players and we can't strengthen that area in a single window. We may have spent a lot, but it's not easy to find a striker. A striker is what Boehly and Co plan to look for in summer. 

We all know we are rebuilding but really do we have to put up and watch this clueless horrendous backward Potter football, there has been no progression week after week, I have never seen a top team play this turgid football  as they rebuild and that includes Utd Arsenal or any of the top European teams. These  players on the pitch are just following orders the gaps in middle  last night was  jaw dropping I know we have Kante  and Kova out but a  decent manager sorts this out and makes adjustments on the training ground. Some of our performances this season have been truly amateurish and that's  on Potter 

A few weeks ago I posted tongue in cheek that we would be lucky to score another 5 goals this season, unfortunately this may turn out to be the case.

No goals and turgid football is a recipe for sliding into the bottom danger zone.

Failure breeds failure and Potter does not look the man to steer us away from long term mediocrity.

For myself more than anything that makes me question Potter is the peculiar decisions that he makes like playing sterling at wb in the past, or last night playing Mudryk when he was ill apparently, and Reece James who looked well off from match fitness and just came back from injury!

This tells me he hasn't got a concrete system in place or the mentality to be successful in one of the biggest clubs in Europe. 

8 hours ago, ducavis said:

Fans keep banging on about Tuchel but he was a big problem. He wasn’t interested in a long term vision, wanted experienced players, and couldn’t have enough defenders. You can clearly see the difference in the profile we are going for now v what we went for under Tuchel.

Potter being a bad manager for us doesn’t excuse the awful direction we were going under Tuchel. Won’t be surprised if we end up binning all his signings in the summer.

Can't wait for it to be Tuchels fault next season.