Moises Caicedo to Chelsea! "Official"

axman2526
Chelsea Megastore

19 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Wonder what we would get for Caicedo if we sold him in the summer?

What is the going rate for a bang average midfielder?

what match were you watching? without him we would have lost 3-0/4-0.

21 minutes ago, Nibs said:

How do you work that out? He's f**king hopeless.

I actually agree - and didnt think Caicedo was that bad.

He has recieved a shocking 5/10 in the telegraph, but I thought he was alright. Broke up a lot of play, put his foot in, and seemed to cover more ground than anyone else.  Need him to be more progressive with his passing, and move the ball forward more, but I thought he was ok.

23 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

I actually agree - and didnt think Caicedo was that bad.

He has recieved a shocking 5/10 in the telegraph, but I thought he was alright. Broke up a lot of play, put his foot in, and seemed to cover more ground than anyone else.  Need him to be more progressive with his passing, and move the ball forward more, but I thought he was ok.

Have to agree to disagree. 

When we signed Caicedo, with all the hype and the massive fee, I thought we were getting the new Kante. But he's a millions miles away from Kante. Sure, he sometimes manages to break up play, byt that's pretty much where it ends. He is so clumsy that invariably he gives away a free-kick and very rarely does he then set us up to counter attack. I honestly scratch my head and wonder what we actually got for £115M.

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

Have to agree to disagree. 

When we signed Caicedo, with all the hype and the massive fee, I thought we were getting the new Kante. But he's a millions miles away from Kante. Sure, he sometimes manages to break up play, byt that's pretty much where it ends. He is so clumsy that invariably he gives away a free-kick and very rarely does he then set us up to counter attack. I honestly scratch my head and wonder what we actually got for £115M.

We got Carlton Palmer

54 minutes ago, Remodez said:

Half of those tackles where due to him losing the ball in the first place.

He wasn't awful but it wasn't a good performance by any means.

The stats back up his claim that he had a good game.

• Touches - 94
  • Passes - 64/68 completed (94% accuracy)
  • Long balls - 5/6 completed
  • Dribbles - 1/1 completed
  • Fouls drawn - 3
  • Ground duels won - 11/15
  • Tackles - 7
  • Interceptions - 4
  • Clearances 3
  • Fouls committed - 3
  • Dribbled past - 0 times

He did his job well. Some Chelsea fans have a weird agenda against him because they were expecting some kind of Kanté/Essien hybird or something.

At the end of the day, Chelsea had 5 big chances and didn't convert them. That's on Gallagher and the forwards.

3 minutes ago, Ngolo said:

• Touches - 94
  • Fouls drawn - 3
  • Tackles - 7
  • Interceptions - 4
  • Clearances 3
  • Fouls committed - 3

He did his job well. Some Chelsea fans have a weird agenda against him because they were expecting some kind of Kanté/Essien hybird or something.

At the end of the day, Chelsea had 5 big chances and didn't convert them. That's on Gallagher and the forwards.

Everyone needs a scapegoat unfortunately and Caicedo fits the bill for some people, we've had it with previous good midfielders we've had 

13 minutes ago, Ngolo said:

• Touches - 94
  • Fouls drawn - 3
  • Tackles - 7
  • Interceptions - 4
  • Clearances 3
  • Fouls committed - 3

He didn't have a good game, that's not what you pay £100m for. He was fine like I said, not bad, not great. Just there. 

Edited by Remodez

18 minutes ago, Remodez said:

He didn't have a good game, that's not what you pay £100m for. He was fine like I said, not bad, not great. Just there. 

Sounds like something an old geezer born during the war would say. Fack your stats, innit.

Even if Chelsea had spent 50 million on him, he was never going to be some monstrous defence splitting midfielder.

21 minutes ago, Ngolo said:

Sounds like something an old geezer born during the war would say. Fack your stats, innit.

Even if Chelsea had spent 50 million on him, he was never going to be some monstrous defence splitting midfielder.

Sounds more like something someone who actually watched the game would say.

I've given Caicedo credit even in games where stats haven't flattered him so this isn't me making him a scapegoat. 

30 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

All you need to ask yourself is would Caicedo or Enzo look this bad at any top clubs? No.

It’s the manager.

Look at these players before they joined Chelsea. They were really good. Enzo was actually really good when he first joined, but we coached the good out of him, like we have done with pretty much all of these new signings.

The players definitely need to take a hard look at themselves and work on their weaknesses, but they are also being horrible managed.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

All you need to ask yourself is would Caicedo or Enzo look this bad at any top clubs? No.

It’s the manager.

Caicedo had barely one season at Brighton before we forked out 100m+ on him. So I honestly don't know what he would look like at a top club.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Look at these players before they joined Chelsea. They were really good. Enzo was actually really good when he first joined, but we coached the good out of him, like we have done with pretty much all of these new signings.

The players definitely need to take a hard look at themselves and work on their weaknesses, but they are also being horrible managed.

Matchday one they’ve been coached to fear the opposition.

Matchday one. 

Mixed bag I thought. Grew it into a bit as it went on and won some tackles and some decent passes. There’s a target on his back because of his massive price tag and how turned down Liverpool.