Random Rumours

Money

50 minutes ago, HazardousChoice said:

4 goal a season Championship standard dross like Pulisic regularly gets game time here.   We're not in a position to turn our nose up at Raheem who I think is an excellent player anyway.

I'd love Sterling, I don't understand how anyone could be against it given he's a lot better than all of our wingers by a long long long way.

He doesn't work if the ball is more than a yard away from him and is a complete flake in a tackle

48 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

One thing I have always praised Sterling for is his positioning, its the reason why he scores so many goals. The problem I have is the rest of his game. He often makes himself look like an idiot.

So you're saying he's a good judge of character then as well. 😀

12 hours ago, bisright1 said:

He'd be awful here. Countless defenders who look good in a low block flail when they get put in a team who have to actually play football.

If we're shopping in Burnley we should go after Cornet as cover for Chilwell. 

Cornet as in Maxwell Cornet, their forward? Did you mean Dwight McNeil as cover for Ben?

39 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Cornet as in Maxwell Cornet, their forward? Did you mean Dwight McNeil as cover for Ben?

BURNLEYS forward. Playing there because he was too good to be their full back. Same as how Reece James played CM for Wigan. He played as full back for Lyon before he joined Burnley in the CL. 

I think he'd be an absolutely stonking purchase as cover for Chilwell and James at wing back. Prime Moses material.

If we move to 4atb regularly I'd be less convinced.

3 hours ago, HazardousChoice said:

4 goal a season Championship standard dross like Pulisic regularly gets game time here.   We're not in a position to turn our nose up at Raheem who I think is an excellent player anyway.

I'd love Sterling, I don't understand how anyone could be against it given he's a lot better than all of our wingers by a long long long way.

Personally, my issue is that we are getting him at the peak of his career. His form at City has already dropped over the last couple of seasons and it might just continue in that trajectory if he joins us.

7 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Personally, my issue is that we are getting him at the peak of his career. His form at City has already dropped over the last couple of seasons and it might just continue in that trajectory if he joins us.

Still puts us in no position to turn down his opportunity. He's been rumored to have fallen out with Pep since last year which explains why he hasn't featured that much. 

Premier League proven goal scorer and chance creator. Perfect for the system. Entering the prime of his career. 

100% absolutely.

4 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Still puts us in no position to turn down his opportunity. He's been rumored to have fallen out with Pep since last year which explains why he hasn't featured that much. 

Premier League proven goal scorer and chance creator. Perfect for the system. Entering the prime of his career. 

100% absolutely.

I guess if he's coming for a good price and doesn't demand high wages, I won't complain.

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

BURNLEYS forward. Playing there because he was too good to be their full back. Same as how Reece James played CM for Wigan. He played as full back for Lyon before he joined Burnley in the CL. 

I think he'd be an absolutely stonking purchase as cover for Chilwell and James at wing back. Prime Moses material.

If we move to 4atb regularly I'd be less convinced.

Hmm interesting.

1 hour ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I think replacing Pulisic and Werner with Sterling and Dembele is fantastic business. 

Most important part about Dembele and Sterling aside from being obvious upgrades in goal and assist output is their respective pace. You need fast forwards in this league and the only player in our team that's an attacker who is quick would be Timo. 

Pulisic since his FA Cup injury in 2020 has never shown that burst off pace to leave defenders for dead. Shame really because he's regressed as a dribbler and finisher. 

Seeing a front 3 of Sterling, Dembele and Havertz/Lukaku seems pretty decent. Especially with a back 4 which would allow Mount/Gallagher to play also.

3 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

100% absolutely.

Agreed, double figures for the past 4 seasons too. He’s one of the best players in league. With how awful our attack is, we’re really not in a position to be choosy.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Who Haaland? He made it very clear we never stood a chance there.

May as well say we should be buying VVD, Mbappe and Cancelo.

No not Haaland in particular.  It just has a we'll buy Torres, you can have Suarez and Aguero vibe.  I maybe over sceptical but it just screams of a classic Chelsea transfer disaster.  City dangling a nice cheapish attacker in front of us knowing full well his motivation is gone, he's past it, or carrying a long term injury.   Then suddenly we are stuck with another attacker on high wages we need to get rid of before we can rebuild our attack once again.   

Edited by DarkMata

11 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Agreed, double figures for the past 4 seasons too. He’s one of the best players in league. With how awful our attack is, we’re really not in a position to be choosy.

Big difference between playing for Pep & Tuchel; the former works with attacking players to improve their movements, and gets them in positions to do some damage, the latter can’t get any of  attacking players firing. What can go wrong?

Don’t see it happening though unless we give him a huge sign on fee. He is leaving City because he wants parity with De Bruyne (£400k/w) which they are refusing to offer him.

Surely we'd look into Dybala now, surely he'd pick us ahead of Jose and Roma. This window will be crucial, everyone in the top 8 will spend big, and Newcastle will throw money at anyone. Elite players still want the CL football which only 4 teams could offer, dont want go half hearted and end up with a couple of squad players again.

17 hours ago, Zeta said:

This guy is highly rated I believe.

Used google's services and looks strongly linked with Utd and Spurs are interested too, shame if he goes to either of them.

12 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Why would City sell us Sterling? Maybe they don't see us as competition in which case fair enough.

City look a better team for me with him in the side, yet would he sit well with our fan base given recent history?

Some frankly questionable sources are now tying us in with Neymar. That would cap a great period for us, to end up signing a cheating, diving fcker that will spend most of the season injured or sat in the dug out. 

57 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Some frankly questionable sources are now tying us in with Neymar. That would cap a great period for us, to end up signing a cheating, diving fcker that will spend most of the season injured or sat in the dug out. 

Neymar under Tuchel is a different beast, would take him in a heartbeat.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Pulisic since his FA Cup injury in 2020 has never shown that burst off pace to leave defenders for dead. Shame really because he's regressed as a dribbler and finisher. 

I don't understand where the weird take Pulisic has regressed as a finisher has come from, there's like this myth that was just invented that he was a good finisher despite him averaging 4 league goals a season across his 7 year career and underperforming his XG in all but 1 season.

Pulisic has always been an absolutely terrible finisher, one of the worst in the history of the club given he's one of the only attacking signings we've made who's never been able to finish anywhere even before joining us he couldn't hit a barn door.

His XG but look underneath at the goals he's scored

Almost half of his goals are open goal tap ins from 5 yards with XG'S of 0.9 ish

When Pulisic actually has to beat a goal keeper or is outside the 6 yard box his finishing record is absolutely horrendous which is why he failed in the Bundesliga and failed in the premier league. 

Edited by HazardousChoice