Gary Cahill - PL CL FAC LC EL champion

Celery1989
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

when gc is on top form hes an excellent player. was worried for him midway through this season but he bounced back really well. may not go down as an all time great like jt or carvalho and some people may even say the likes of gallas and ivanovic(when played there) are superior in ability - i would too... but hes been key to a lot of our success since he joined and most of all he legitimately seems to be one of the most genuine players in our entire squad

when he has a poor spell he seems to get a lot of sh*t thrown at him on here and other chelsea sites but considering his fellow professionals have twice in a row voted him the best defender in the league(duo with terry and kompany) speaks of the respect the other players have for him and his abilities

some awful moments like benteke giving him the run around a couple season back and kane giving him a hiding this season are pretty rare so for the most part he does a good job and is very consistent

Edited by MTF

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With Terry inevitably shrinking in role more this season (I still think his drive and passion make him a great Captain and when he doesn't play we miss that certain something), who do we think our starting CB's will be next season?

Cahill and Zouma?  I could see that being like the Terry and Gallas partnership of the past

With Terry inevitably shrinking in role more this season (I still think his drive and passion make him a great Captain and when he doesn't play we miss that certain something), who do we think our starting CB's will be next season?

Cahill and Zouma?  I could see that being like the Terry and Gallas partnership of the past

we would have more pace in our CB position w/ that pairing.....ducks trash thrown by JT supporters :Troll_Face:

I don't think you need to duck anything, Pace has never really been a strong point for JT.  His awareness and anticipation more than cover up for that.  But Zouma and Cahill would be faster, I'm just not sure of their joint defensive awareness being as good

Having JT in the line up has its pros and cons. A pro being not many can Marshall and orchestrate a back four like he can. What he lacks in physical ability he makes up for in mental awareness as he can read what's happening around him like no other. Take him out the line up and players like Cahill and Zouma won't function as well as they do when one is paired with JT.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not Cahill I'm worried about, he's stepped up and played well when Terry has been out. It's Zouma and Ivan, if he ever plays CB again, I'm more concerned about.

Wait let me get this right, you're concerned about zouma, one of the best if not THE best CB of his age in the world, a man who has never put a foot wrong when we deployed him in and out of position? That's your concern?