Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Some of the posts in previous pages were embarrassing. Wasn't great tonight but still looked the most composed in possession in the middle and at the opposition end of the field. So sad seeing people turn on our best player, the one who did the most at the end of last season to carry the team and manager over the line.

For me it's all too similiar to some peoples reaction/attitude to Robben when he left, we suffered massively from losing him and it wasn't until we got Eden that we truly replaced him. It will be the same story if he goes and we'll continue to struggle to create chances.

If he wants to go..... Hold him to the contract he signed until we get a respectable offer. But until then people should get behind him.

Edited by jack h

Failed his job interview today.

Yeah, I thought that too. If his poor performances were due to him not caring about the club and wanting to go to PSG, then he would have played with more urgency tonight, selfish urgency but urgency nonetheless. Like you said, it was like a job interview. Almost anyone in a decision making role at PSG was probably watching him closely, as were the fans.

Leads me to think that his poor form isn't due to his mind being focused on moving.

Based on tonight's performance you could be forgiven for thinking he already plays for PSG because he certainly wasn't playing for us.

Agreed.

He was woeful IMO. He really needs to get his act together and pronto. I hope he's benched for the return leg

Edited by Chelsbear

Job interview at PSG?

Seriously, some of you guys are just way too funny. Even if he is doing some sort of audition today, it's for RM. He has already proved himself to be the best player in France before he joined us, why would he want join a team that's winning the French league via 30 points without him. He still has a long contract with us, there's no way he could get out without us accepting a seriously good bid. Also, until we find a replacement the resembles his ability at his best, we shouldn't sell. See example of Maluda replacing Robben.

He used to tske responsibility and run at defenders, now he just looks for an easier pass.

That has to be down to confidence or a doubt he now has the speed to go past the defender. He did it once tonight and it let to a link up with Willian and a free-kick, but he used to take on defenders all the time so why now the self-doubt? Thought he was okay in the first half but faded badly and was rightly subbed. HAS to improve and FAST.

Kalou was at chelsea in the 3 years hazard was at lille. You seem to dismiss his achievements so easily. I wonder how you would feel if we loan rlc or another academy graduate to a mid table french team, and they ended up winning the league and collecting poty in the process.

I have a feeling you would saying that is an incredible achievement for a 21 year old.

Iwould be super impressed for Ruben.... but then again he is more the prospect with potential and not the 25 year old who is touted as a worlds best and whom is supposed to be hitting their prime but is putting up stats like 23 apps and 0 goals 2 assists this season. Thats why it was impressive for Hazard 4 seasons ago and not so much now.

Hell, I'd take that Hazard now and that should be damn embarrassing that some fans would prefer the 21 y/o version to the 25 y/o one.

If we are just going to look at a players best, then how about that Balotelli?

As Ive said, I dont think he is a bad player. I mean he certainly looks it this season if we compare him to the names that he was compared to last season, but I know he is far better than average and has potential. Thats why its so concerning that he is having this season, its not his ability its his mentality.... the other culprits have seemed to have shaken it off. So is it his confidence or his conciousness?

Be a pretty fragile confidence if it can be shattered in a month or so after all those prior individual awards won because its not just now that he is playig this way but all season. and if it is confidence, what will bring it back? Not a run of games, not even a change of position as he has had at times, and certainly not a change of manager. Those have been tried and failed. I guess we should just look to see what Ronaldo or Messi or Suarez or Neymar or Aguero or Robben or Lampard etc etc did after having a season like this in their prime years......oh, wait...even at their worst, players like them didnt have seasons this absolutely shockingly poor in their prime years.

Yet, I think we can all agree that its not a lack of talent causing it.....

He's gone in the summer. Book it. The lad has no desire to stay here and frankly watching him perform fans should have no desire for him to be here. Get on with it and recoup whatever cash we can get. Waste of talent and doesn't deserve to represent Cfc.

Edited by TheChelsRVA

Bottom line for me, eden hazard can be one of the best players in the world.

We have seen it over the years since he has been here. Magnificent dribbler and creator, a good work either, always involved in the attacks. A constant danger and thorn in the side of the opposition. Not the greatest goal scorer but gets enough.

To go from that to where he is this season cannot just be a drop of form for me.

His head is turned. Whether he is syneically playing badly to make a move away easier or lower his value, or this is simply what you get from him when he losses interest in the club he is playing for I do not know.

Simply put a player as good as eden does not play this badly for this long if he is giving his all.

Bottom line for me, eden hazard can be one of the best players in the world.

We have seen it over the years since he has been here. Magnificent dribbler and creator, a good work either, always involved in the attacks. A constant danger and thorn in the side of the opposition. Not the greatest goal scorer but gets enough.

To go from that to where he is this season cannot just be a drop of form for me.

His head is turned. Whether he is syneically playing badly to make a move away easier or lower his value, or this is simply what you get from him when he losses interest in the club he is playing for I do not know.

Simply put a player as good as eden does not play this badly for this long if he is giving his all.

He has no desire to be here and that is enough for me to ship him off. Costing the club money and performance.

I think fans are pretty patient when it comes to Hazard.

Other fans would rip him apart.

Patient??

He has had half a season where he has struggled, caused at least inpart by injuries. Yet "fans" like you slag him off because he has struggled. The media hate Chelsea and do whatever they can to undermine the club. Last season away fans in Paris where beaten and gassed by French police, the media ignored this and attached the club mercilessly over a handful of dick heads. Costa is accused of stamping and the media scream "Costa crimes", slippy G intentionally stamps on a player and it is barely mentioned by the media.

You should know to never trust the media, yet when a story is released to make it look like Hazard wants to join PSG you believe it hook line and sinker, even though Hazard has said he has no desire to play in France.   

Yet you attack him, want him out over some poor form and you call yourself patient. 

Patient??

He has had half a season where he has struggled, caused at least inpart by injuries. Yet "fans" like you slag him off because he has struggled. The media hate Chelsea and do whatever they can to undermine the club. Last season away fans in Paris where beaten and gassed by French police, the media ignored this and attached the club mercilessly over a handful of dick heads. Costa is accused of stamping and the media scream "Costa crimes", slippy G intentionally stamps on a player and it is barely mentioned by the media.

You should know to never trust the media, yet when a story is released to make it look like Hazard wants to join PSG you believe it hook line and sinker, even though Hazard has said he has no desire to play in France.   

Yet you attack him, want him out over some poor form and you call yourself patient.

You dont think Chelsea fans have been patient with Hazard?

I suppose it is a matter of context.

To me, Hazard has been shown more patience than the most successful manager in the history of this club despite, in my opinion, deserving it less.

As someone else eluded to, I doubt Messi or Ronaldo would be shown more pateince by their fans if they had failed to score so far this season, and they too have earned that patience far more than Hazard.

we're all quite disturbed with his recent interview but then he's always been cheeky when it comes to things like that.. hazard is kind of pushover, we can force him to stay at least another season, I don't think he has it in him to make a scene to force his way out.. despite his cold look, he's actually a tame fella.. 

Come on, you all know that fans are going easy on him, we are still making excuses for him but deeply we know he's done at Chelsea.

Let him go to RM, when he has a bad season they will

slaughter him there. He will have a very tough time as he's very sensitive individual.

Whoever think we are not patient with him is delusional.