Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Because he has been poor since the season started and it's nearly March now and we haven't seen any improvement.

This isn't a loss of form because it's lasted well beyond what a period like that would last.

Did you not see his comments this week talking about PSG and how important CL football is to him?

Maybe you don't read much into those things but I do and I'd put my house on him being sold in the summer because it's clear as day he doesn't want to be at my club anymore.

I don't read media speculation that's exactly what it is speculation especially one done in another language and referring to Chelsea who the media has no love for. And you might be out of a house in the summer. But back to the point based on your theory on bad performance most players heads are turned. Interesting theory.

I don't read media speculation that's exactly what it is speculation especially one done in another language and referring to Chelsea who the media has no love for. And you might be out of a house in the summer. But back to the point based on your theory on bad performance most players heads are turned. Interesting theory.

You clearly didn't read what I wrote then. I thought it was pretty clear....

To expand on what I said yesterday:

Hazard used to be very dangerous, he would pick up the ball and look to drive at defenders and get into the area, which would lead to penalties or chances a lot of the time. Now he is quite happy to get the ball and lay it back or inside to someone else to do something with. We've got lots of players who can do that, but few with the talent to do what he used to do and really cause problems directly.

I don't know if it's confidence or he just doesn't care, but it's very frustrating. If he's still showing very little signs of improving toward the end of the season, I think we should certainly consider any big offers that come in.

Hazard used to be very dangerous, he would pick up the ball and look to drive at defenders and get into the area, which would lead to penalties or chances a lot of the time. Now he is quite happy to get the ball and lay it back or inside to someone else to do something with. We've got lots of players who can do that, but few with the talent to do what he used to do and really cause problems directly.

I don't know if it's confidence or he just doesn't care, but it's very frustrating. If he's still showing very little signs of improving toward the end of the season, I think we should certainly consider any big offers that come in.

I completely agree with you on "driving into the box" which goes back to how does some fans equate that to his head being turned. I believe he's lost so much confidence in his ability that he's scared of driving at players losing the ball and getting vilified by fans. I remember hazard being explosive last season like Willian this season getting the ball and his low centre of gravity just gives him that explosive forward thrust that's why he was the most fouled last season. Defenders didn't know how to deal with him other than kick him. From me looking in from the outside i say it's confidence and something personal may have happened.

f**king hell people.... JT has had periods of bad games as had Frank and Drogs. I think Eden is not far away from his best. I think it would be extremely stupid not trying to hold onto him. He is not of the bottle he is a special one.

A bad patch does not last this long, JT, Lamps and Drogba were never off it for this length

Agree 100% he has totally abandonned what made him one of the top players in the world, attacking defenders and attacking the penalty area.

As you said he seems apathetic and is just satisfied with passing the ball off to others when he knows they can't do what he can. 

If he doesn't get that instinct or desire back he is no better than Oscar or Pedro.

The way I see it is if you believe he can get back to his best, and that he hasnt peaked early, then it is a no brainer to do everything in our power to keep him, because it will be impossible to replace him in the summer, and extremely difficult to replace him even with champions league football.

Mourinho had a poor season out of a glittering career, and the same people that backed Mourinho, are now writing off hazard, without giving him the same patience.

Hazard has so far had a very successful career, winning the leagues and individual awards in both countries he's played in. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

His comments weren't great, and we're poorly timed, but he isn't the first and he won't be the last to put his foot in it.

He has had a few really good games this year, but he hasn't been able to make telling contributions. When the rest of the team have played themselves into a bit of form, he has been sidelined by injury. He actually started to look like his old self against United.

Even last night I thought he put a good shift in defensively in the 1st half, but made a couple errors in the second half trying play out of danger, which was the right idea, but the wrong situation.

If he wants to go in the summer, then fine. I wouldn't want him here as I think he owes us a season at least to get us back into Europe. Psg paid 50m for Luiz so I don't think it would be too outrageous to put a 75m price tag on his head.

I don't think we should get into a habit of selling match winners.

Eddie has lost interest in Chelsea FC it appears

the rest of the players are mostly up and running at performance levels near or at of last season

Eddie was the difference maker then, he's not been at all this season, if he had been we'd be higher in league table and probably done better yesterday

either he's a one hit wonder or his heads been turned, let's wait and see 

i think we are dreaming if we think hazard will go for anywhere near £70m. Based on this season alone it wouldnt surprise me if the bidding started at closer to the £40m mark. If he then declares his intention to leave and if he were to actually hand in a transfer request, it could end up messy. Personally I think we will be bent over a barrel on this one and he will be gone for around £50m.

a lot could hinge on his showing at the euros. if he absolutely dazzles there then we are playing with a stronger hand, but the longer this mediocrity continues, the faster his value plummets. 

If he shows well at Euros I will be really pissed

Not to repeat myself but the numbers don't lie!

This season so far! 7 shots on target and 8 shots off target in 23 appearances. Zero goals (Except 1 penalty)

Since May 3, Neymar has scored 22 goals. Thomas Muller 21 and Alexis Sanchez 12. Even Kevin De Bruyne!! has found the back of the net 11 times in the same period.

Eden Hazard hasn't put the ball past a goalkeeper once (except penalty)

More sand please????

How do fans come to the conclusion that 1) he's not playing for the club anymore 2) he doesn't want to be here 3) he's not taking responsibility 4)he's a liability? Am honestly asking cause i want to know how SOME fans are so confident in these assumptions which is what they are.

Because some of us watched him play last season and continued to watch him play this season, and for anyone else who has this need not be asked.

or, if you just started watching recently, because a player who was touted as one of the best attackers in the world last season has failed to score in 23 league appearances this season and has done so while showing more passion in an interview about joining another club that he has shown on the pitch all season.

Funny, many here considered Willian a liability despite offering far more in all round game than Hazard because he didnt score enough goals..... I didntt, but thats because he offered a hell of a lot more than goals.....struggling to do the same with Hazard now that he has become nullified as a goal threat or even creating them (2 assists all season is his only goal contributions).

I completely agree with you on "driving into the box" which goes back to how does some fans equate that to his head being turned. I believe he's lost so much confidence in his ability that he's scared of driving at players losing the ball and getting vilified by fans. I remember hazard being explosive last season like Willian this season getting the ball and his low centre of gravity just gives him that explosive forward thrust that's why he was the most fouled last season. Defenders didn't know how to deal with him other than kick him. From me looking in from the outside i say it's confidence and something personal may have happened.

So, considering Hazard has been playing like this ALL SEASON, when did he lose his confidence in the offseason? Because that loss of confidence, if it is the culprit, somehow came between winning POTY for the whole BPL and his first kick of this season. Did someone send him a mean tweet saying he wasnt a god footballer?

As you can tell, im not having any of this pathetic confidence crap as an excuse. And if it is confidence, somehow, then Ihope the board learned a lesson with any of our previous "be patient, they'll be top class once they regain their confidence" players such as Torres et al and sell while other clubs have a hope of them being top class....because top class players dont have a full season pass them by due to confidence, especially not after winning the leagues POTY just the previous season.

But if you are right, then God help us if Hazard wins the Ballon Do'r. He'll spend the next season in a wheelchair crippled with confidence issues.

edit:Big Blue, as Ive said before, Hazard has been afforded not only more patience by the club, but also on this forum. He is also far less deserving of it if you want to compare not only their contributions to CFC but what they have acheived in football period. Or for the fact that Eden only needs to get his own head sorted whilst Mourinho was tasked with doing that for a whole squad....

Edited by Barry Bridges

I'm not convinced that his poor form is due to him wanting to leave. If he wanted to leave, wouldn't he try extra hard so he could raise his value? Especially last night when everyone associated with PSG was watching.

At this time both Eden and Chelsea may be better off with him staying another year and trying to regain form. Chelsea might only get low offers, and I doubt PSG and Real Madrid would sign Eden at £200,000 per week.

I don't know what's going on with him other than he seems unhappy in general, not necessarily due to Chelsea in particular. Maybe there's something in his personal life. Maybe he's simply burned out. Maybe he doesn't even know himself. But I'm not convinced of the "he doesn't care because he wants to leave" theories.

I'm not convinced that his poor form is due to him wanting to leave. If he wanted to leave, wouldn't he try extra hard so he could raise his value? Especially last night when everyone associated with PSG was watching.

Not necessarily, it can go both ways, if he plays good it may be hard for him to leave Chelsea. Sort of like Stones situation.

At this time both Eden and Chelsea may be better off with him staying another year and trying to regain form. Chelsea might only get low offers, and I doubt PSG and Real Madrid would sign Eden at £200,000 per week.

For some people it seem risky to sell him and it also seem risky to keep him for another season.

If we keep him and he continue to play like shirt:

1. We will have to continue to pay him massive wages.

2. His price will go down even more.

If he gets back to his form:

1) we will have excellent footballer

2) his price will go up comparing to this season.

But I wouldn't call that 50%/50% scenario.

I seriously think he want to leave and also

HE DOESN'T WANT RISK ANY MAJOR INJURIES BEFORE EURO 2016!

Eddie has lost interest in Chelsea FC it appears

I don't know, myself, if he has or hasn't, but I sense fans are losing interest in him. I don't think there'll be the hankering for him, at this rate, that there is for other former Blues.

Against PSG I felt for him and I hope we're all willing him back to form despite the prematch comment which was more than a little uncomfortable.

ROY KEANE

I can’t understand these players, he signed an extension of five years only last year, when we saw how brilliant he was… and then he’s coming out with all that nonsense on the eve of a big game.

If I was a team-mate of his I would kick him up and down the training pitch. Some of the senior players have got to get hold of him. He’s a talented boy, but his attitude is like a spoilt child. It was absolutely ridiculous.

You don’t mind some players sometimes being moody, or having their head turned if they think they might be moving, but once you go on that pitch you’ve still got your pride.

You’re playing for your team-mates, for your club, for your supporters, for your family. You’ve got to go out and perform, and be moody after the game if need be.