Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

big blue
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

On 11/21/2017 at 16:33, Argo said:

This could backfire on me but im not actually that worried about Eden going, a lot more concerned about Kante actually.

Both are key players. But players like Hazard are so difficult to replace. He IS our match-winner and when he's not in the side we become a fairly average looking team. So basically, you should Worry with the rest of us!!

6 hours ago, Nibs said:

Both are key players. But players like Hazard are so difficult to replace. He IS our match-winner and when he's not in the side we become a fairly average looking team. So basically, you should Worry with the rest of us!!

I worded that badly, when I say I'm not worried about Hazard leaving is because I don't think he will. 

On 22/11/2017 at 20:13, Argo said:

We will never replace Hazard even if we get a billion, he is simply too good and it's a massive, massive shame that even a section of his own fans won't give him the credit he deserves. What we must do wisely if it comes to it is reinvest the windfall into making us a more complete team in other areas and wisely.

However im not that convinced he's going to go, the signing of his brother has to be part of his contract negotiating as that's the only explanation towards such a bizarre move.

He's the greatest player to ever wear the blue for me. 

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

He's the greatest player to ever wear the blue for me. 

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

There has been a big powershift lately, the Spanish clubs look less powerful than they did before. Take that into account. 

He might fancy a change at this stage of his career moreso than a powershift having anythting to do it.

8 minutes ago, joey69 said:

He might fancy a change at this stage of his career moreso than a powershift having anythting to do it.

Like I said in my other post, there is no denying Hazard has expressed high interest in joining Madrid when he was at Lillie, it was his childhood dream. But the Premier League is slowly overtaking La Liga, it has been for years revenue-wise, even though La Liga has been dominant for the past 8 years in the Champions League, the PL has been getting better players season by season. I think it's only a matter of time when eventually the Premier League will be ahead of La Liga.

Nobody thought the Italian League would collapse the way it did, the Serie A was the strongest division for years that attracted all the stars, now it's barely even a retirement league.  

When you have a team like Spurs battering Madrid the way they did, then Barcelona losing their star player to a French team you know something has changed. I do remember a time when Liverpool beat Madrid 4-0 but this is different, now you've got quite a few PL teams that are quite capable of beating Barca & Madrid, that's a rarity. I'm not sure it's the same case as Ronaldo anymore, I'm not just talking out of complete optimism here, I'm actually a realist and some would say I lean more to a pessimist but it just doesn't feel the same, I could comfortably see players wanting to choose the Premier League over the Spanish League right now. 

Like I also said, we've never seen a team go for Hazard yet, bizarrely. But this season something will happen, Madrid & Barcelona are desperate and he's actually perfect for Barcelona I'm surprised they've never made noise about him. Imagine Hazard linking up with Suarez & Messi? Think how many goals Suarez would score, either way, Hazard at the moment is irreplaceable, but I know for a fine fact we will get a record-breaking fee for him, we have to. 

On 24/11/2017 at 15:56, Nibs said:

It's not that Hazard is difficult to replace. Hazard is irreplacable. Nobody in the current football era can replace him.

I remember body stating a few years ago, Hazard would become probably our greatest ever footballer, difference to player i add, he does things only Neymar and Messi do atm, he is pure entertainment, and you literally drool at the ease in which he struts his stuff, in the history of the Prem i can only think of Zola, Kinkladze, Juninho, Ginola as jaw dropping skill meisters, and Hazard will prove to be the best of the lot, 

5 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I remember body stating a few years ago, Hazard would become probably our greatest ever footballer, difference to player i add, he does things only Neymar and Messi do atm, he is pure entertainment, and you literally drool at the ease in which he struts his stuff, in the history of the Prem i can only think of Zola, Kinkladze, Juninho, Ginola as jaw dropping skill meisters, and Hazard will prove to be the best of the lot, 

I think Hazard plays his own style of football.  Neymar is a trickster but if you put a body into him you wan win the ball back.  Messi doesn't get kicked about like Hazard but that's because he's the best pure dribbler the world has probably ever seen.  

Hazard can out physical players but also has extreme technical ability.  For my money Hazard has the best or second best ball control in the world right now (Messi is arguably better).  He is our one true outlet when we are sitting behind the ball, and is starting to link up well with Morata.  If we want Hazard to stay, the board needs to get more top class footballers.  It's the only way he will want to stay is if he sees we have ambition to win trophies domestically and abroad, year in year out.  

I think it's fair tbh. He has been absolutely key in 2 of our 6 title wins. That alone puts him at legendary status for me. There's a good chance he will be 10th on the all time top scorers list by the end of season aswell. On ability alone id say hazard and Zola are the best 2 players I've seen, I'm not old enough to remember ossie. 

The ironic thing about Hazard is he was exactly the type of player our 04-10 side was missing, as good as Joe Cole and Malouda were, imagine Hazard in their places? But on the flip side, we would have had a really hard few years if we didn't have him this era, he's basically a cheat mode which has allowed us to overachieve beyond the teams overall quality ever since he arrived, 15/16 aside. We have basically won two league titles during a period of transition thanks to having him.

In my opinion he has done more than enough to be mentioned in the legends breath.

38 minutes ago, Argo said:

The ironic thing about Hazard is he was exactly the type of player our 04-10 side was missing, as good as Joe Cole and Malouda were, imagine Hazard in their places? But on the flip side, we would have had a really hard few years if we didn't have him this era, he's basically a cheat mode which has allowed us to overachieve beyond the teams overall quality ever since he arrived, 15/16 aside. We have basically won two league titles during a period of transition thanks to having him.

In my opinion he has done more than enough to be mentioned in the legends breath.

Hazard, Robben, Duff and Cole... ::clap2::::clap2::