Zouma - If Kurt's Happy, I'm Happy!

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

Made some good tackles. Looked strong. 90% pass percentage. 

I said he was our 4th best defender. But I find it troubling how people are making out like he's one of the worst ever players to put on the shirt because of one bad tackle and that he looks a bit weird on the ball. 

I don't think many fans think he's one of the worst ever, far from it!  In fact, i think a good percentage want him to do well for us and he gets encouragement and applause when he does something good during a game. Most fans can see he seems like a likeable character who gives his all and really wants to make it at Chelsea, but sadly, he just isn't quite good enough for the level we are trying to get back to.  He'll have a fine career as a first choice at an Everton level of club, but not one who's looking to challenge for titles in a few years time.   

Edited by Dixons

1 minute ago, Dixons said:

I don't think many fans think he's one of the worst ever, far from it!  In fact, i think a good percentage want him to do well for us and he gets encouragement and applause when he does something good during a gam. Most fans can see he seems like a likeable character who gives his all and really wants to make it at Chelsea, but sadly, he just isn't quite good enough for the level we are trying to get back to.  He'lll have a fine career as a first choice at an Everton level of club, but not one who's looking to challenge for titles in a few years time.   

It was nice that he got a really good response when he was being subbed. 

His confidence has seemed really low and he's been shaky all-round. Like someone said here it's like everything is 'just about' with him. 

I remember him being really dominant, aggressive and confident even though he would sometimes be positionally lacking.

Add to that he's definitely lost some of his athleticism. Doesn't have that same  recovery pace. Seems really slow actually. Easily outpaced and lacking mobility.

7 hours ago, Dixons said:

I don't think many fans think he's one of the worst ever, far from it!  In fact, i think a good percentage want him to do well for us and he gets encouragement and applause when he does something good during a game. Most fans can see he seems like a likeable character who gives his all and really wants to make it at Chelsea, but sadly, he just isn't quite good enough for the level we are trying to get back to.  He'll have a fine career as a first choice at an Everton level of club, but not one who's looking to challenge for titles in a few years time.   

Many fans maybe. But a few on this forum seem determined to turn him into some joke player. Also seem somewhat deluded about what kind of player should be our 4th choice CB. 

I'd strongly argue that zouma has performed better this season than Luiz as well. 

On 16/09/2019 at 05:47, R.J.Mont said:

1. Rudiger

2. Christensen

3. Tomori

4. Shed End waste bin

5. Harding Stand waste bin

6. Traffic cone

7. Zouma

On 31/08/2019 at 17:17, Bloo said:

Pathetic player - way out of his depth.

And to think we once went a season in the EPL with only 9 goals conceded.

32 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Many fans maybe. But a few on this forum seem determined to turn him into some joke player. Also seem somewhat deluded about what kind of player should be our 4th choice CB. 

I'd strongly argue that zouma has performed better this season than Luiz as well. 

Thank you! He has been way better than Luiz was last season.

1 minute ago, bisright1 said:

Played well (again) today. Difficult to come in that early. 

I imagine if he had done the foul that Christensen did for their free kick some people on here would have gone into melt down. 

There's only so much melting down a person can do: Kepa, Alonso.... People just didn't have the energy anymore :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Played well (again) today. Difficult to come in that early. 

I imagine if he had done the foul that Christensen did for their free kick some people on here would have gone into melt down. 

Depends. If it's a one off mistake, then people would quickly move on. But when mistakes become a regular thing, then obviously people are going to start getting annoyed by it.

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

Good game yesterday

I think he looked solid and deserves praise, but the circumstances worked in his favour. Pool were already two goals up and the first half was almost over when he came on. Scouse had a tough away fixture midweek and were hoping to save energy, sit back and defend their lead with counters, which made sense. Kurt is usually in trouble when being pressed, so when he was given time on the ball, he looked much better.

Still, a good performance.

Edited by abramovich

• 2 weeks later...

He's going through moments where he looks fine, but every game there is a few really poor mistakes in him. If you are going to make mistakes that cost your team a goal, then it cancels out the good parts of your performance. I can see why he is in the team, Lampard obviously prefers his strength and height compared to Christensen's slimmer frame, but I still feel that Christensen is the better option because he doesn't have as many Titus Bramble moments in his game.

I thought the goal was a lot more down to Tomori, Jorginho and Alonso letting their man walk past them than Zouma tbh.

I wouldn’t blame Jorginho he was on a yellow and had he stopped him by sticking his leg out that would have been a second yellow and off but Tomori had the chance to block the cross didn't then you literally had 3 other players before that who could have stop the Southampton player

3 hours ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

He is hit and miss at the moment. 

Was expecting Christensen in the side.

Tomori also had another major mistake today but got away with it. 

Rudiger, even though he is an improvement on the current Zouma also has those poor defensive moments in him from time to time. 

Zouma just is too slow of thought, and doesn't check his shoulder enough.  Zouma had the easiest play to stop it , but didn't.

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.09.49 PM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.10.01 PM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.10.20 PM copy.jpg

23 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

Zouma just is too slow of thought, and doesn't check his shoulder enough.  Zouma had the easiest play to stop it , but didn't.

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.09.49 PM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.10.01 PM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.10.20 PM copy.jpg

Maybe let ings get infront of him a little 2 easily, but he did actually make the tackle, it was just unlucky it came off ings and ended up the net. 

I still think the soton player got into the box way too easily, and Tomori didn't do enough to stop the cross. 

I wouldnt put much of the blame at zouma's door for that one personally.

5 hours ago, big blue said:

Maybe let ings get infront of him a little 2 easily, but he did actually make the tackle, it was just unlucky it came off ings and ended up the net. 

I still think the soton player got into the box way too easily, and Tomori didn't do enough to stop the cross. 

I wouldnt put much of the blame at zouma's door for that one personally.

He just loses guys visually all of the time in the box.  You don't see him checking his shoulders much.

Compare that to our manager: