pacquiao

David Luiz back at Chelsea

19 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

The only really young player I can remember getting a solid amount of game time recently at a big club where they broke through was Rashford, even then I wouldn’t say he nailed a starting place.

and he only got his chance because of an injury crisis

Disappointing today. Rustiness is one thing but being sucked in again just like in the Roma game despite being the most experienced player in the team, just can't see him displace any of Azpi or Christensen.

He made a coupe mistakes but in general had a good game, people only focus on the bad parts and forget that he kept out a lot of their attacks.

That being said I'd rather have Christensen (so does Conte) and Luiz is not likely to be happy being on the bench so in any case he's probably going, which frees up a spot for Zouma too.

On 1/7/2018 at 01:29, startedwithglenn said:

He had no interest in the first galf, one of the worst 45 minutes i've seen in a long time.

Sadly, I think he's shown himself to be a character that can't be relied upon or trusted to remain engaged and professional unless he's an integral part of things.

Yep agree with this.

It's one thing having a bad game, but it's another thing not even trying or concentrating.  I can live with the first, but lack of commitment I cannot.

I personally think he's played his last game for Chelsea ever.

As much as I've expressed dislike for the individual in the past, I really want this guy back in the team not sold, his distribution from defence is greatly missed I think. 

The thing with Luiz is that although he has his ups and downs, there's times where he produces absolute magic that just makes it so hard to completely write him off.

Remember what happened that last time we sold him...

Can we not just pay him to be the club mascot or something?  

Image result for david luiz club mascot

Edited by goodeggs

An absolute horror show from him tonight, capped off by gifting them a goal with a defensive howler that you would cringe at if it happened in an U16 game. Leading up to the goal he was marking the fella. He was goal side of the fella just as you are taught as a kid. But when the ball is put over he did what he practically always does, let the fella get behind him for a free header while he gets caught watching the ball. 

I have said this a thousand times in the past. He is mentally incapable of rational decision making and marking an opponent. It's like he gets hypnotised by the ball. As a pure defender Cahill is streets ahead of him and always has been.

And what really twisted my sh*t was the camera shot of him in extra time smiling and smirking when he shepherded the ball out with the Norwich running into the hoarding. I wish one of our players had punched him.

Took a great penalty. Whoopee Do. It was the least he owed us. I hope Conte f**ks him out the door as soon as he can.

Good penalty but how can an experienced CB whose had traumatic experiences in defending loses a marker at the very last minute of the game?

I'd forgive it if it was Ampadu but come on David, it's not like you were marking CR or Messi.

Typical good old Luiz, had a decent game, then the most important moment he decided to switch off and not following the player. Conte got the best out of him for a season, now he's back to his old self. I knew this is only his second game after injury, but I doubt fitness has much to do with it, it's the usual lack of concentration and poor decision making. We wouldn't be even talking bout the Willian penalty or Morata sent off if Luiz just did his job, like a proper defender.

Didn't have a decent game at all. One incident in the first half he lunged in for an interception that was just outside the right of the Norwich penalty box, (God knows what he was doing there), and that set off a 3 on 3 counter which Ampadu fortunately only just managed to rush back and cover.

Looks like he's checked out mentally, horrible goal to concede at a point of the game when he should have been ultra alert. I'm actually surprised he buried his pen.

Rode a bolt of lightening last year when he was superb, but he's clearly a sulker and reacts accordingly when he is out of favour.

I'd be doing everything possible to get rid this window. Untrustworthy. 

Think his time is up. 

Out of the squad for no apparent reason last night. 

I think him and Conte have fallen out so don't expect to see much of Luiz up to the end of the season when I think he'll be sold on to whoever wants him.  

Edited by ForeverCarefree

21 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Think his time is up. 

I think him and Conte have fallen out so don't expect to see much of Luiz up to the end of the season when I think he'll be sold on to whoever wants him.  

I agree he's out of favor atm but I can't say he will not be a Chelsea player next season.

We need to see if Conte's gonna be our manager first, then we'll see. Maybe if there's a new boss, he'll use Luiz.

14 minutes ago, Ledgerson said:

I agree he's out of favor atm but I can't say he will not be a Chelsea player next season.

We need to see if Conte's gonna be our manager first, then we'll see. Maybe if there's a new boss, he'll use Luiz.

Regardless of if Conte is at Chelsea next season or not I would expect to see Luiz moved on. 

He'll be 31 come the end of the season, Christensen's emergence means we have to look at him to be in the team going forward, plus you'll have Zouma returning from his loan at Stoke and also the Ampadu looking a good talent. 

Given the wages Luiz is probably earning it doesn't really make sense to keep him around given he's unlikely to be first choice any more. 

Think his time is up. 
Well the phrase "no reason" isn't exactly true based on what has come out. Take it with a pinch of salt but apparently he's been stirring for a rebellion against Conte in the dressing room.

1 hour ago, Brutos said:
6 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:
Think his time is up. 

Well the phrase "no reason" isn't exactly true based on what has come out. Take it with a pinch of salt but apparently he's been stirring for a rebellion against Conte in the dressing room.

really, where are those stories coming from?

18 minutes ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Dear God in heaven no

Call me crazy but he will be better than any one else if we aim to get anything out of the first leg. They probably use a 4-3-3 with Paulinho-Busquets-Iniesta triumvirate, personally I would match them & go 4-3-3 but this is Conte so I expect a 3-5-2. 

Bar Kante, whoever you throw in the mix won’t help cut down the balls to their front 3. Playing Bakayoko is suicidal, Fabregas doesn’t have the legs and Barkley is of no use presently. I would pair Drinkwater with Kante & Luiz to at least give us some mobility in the middle.

3 hours ago, ducavis said:

Call me crazy but he will be better than any one else if we aim to get anything out of the first leg. They probably use a 4-3-3 with Paulinho-Busquets-Iniesta triumvirate, personally I would match them & go 4-3-3 but this is Conte so I expect a 3-5-2. 

Bar Kante, whoever you throw in the mix won’t help cut down the balls to their front 3. Playing Bakayoko is suicidal, Fabregas doesn’t have the legs and Barkley is of no use presently. I would pair Drinkwater with Kante & Luiz to at least give us some mobility in the middle.

You're crazy.

8 hours ago, just said:

You're crazy.

Not really mate. We need to NOT concede at home, whatever happens. Playing kante-luiz-DD in the mid can be a good step in the right direction and then we can hope for a hazard miracle at the other end of the pitch.

Luiz in the mid looks to be one of the best solutions to me for the barca games. Baka is not ready. And would be ripped apart by the barca pressing. He anyways looks short on confidence, so I simply dont want to see him starting.