pacquiao

David Luiz back at Chelsea

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Not really mate. We need to NOT concede at home, whatever happens. Playing kante-luiz-DD in the mid can be a good step in the right direction and then we can hope for a hazard miracle at the other end of the pitch.

Luiz in the mid looks to be one of the best solutions to me for the barca games. Baka is not ready. And would be ripped apart by the barca pressing. He anyways looks short on confidence, so I simply dont want to see him starting. 

The only way Luiz should be on the pitch for the Barca game is if we could somehow get them to play him in their defense.

22 minutes ago, just said:

The only way Luiz should be on the pitch for the Barca game is if we could somehow get them to play him in their defense.

Would be the best solution. 

But honestly do you think any permutation (including a 3 man mid) of kante - cesc/baka/dd would be good against barca? Moses and alonso will have their hands full trying to double up on messi/suarez/dembele (if fit). We simply cant be outmanned in the mid against barca and I for one have no confidence in either of cesc/baka.

Luiz will be chasing shadows, and making late challenges, if he plays midfield against barca. 

I really don't rate him in midfield. 

His personality could be great to have im the side, but he is so poor at the moment, and his attitude looks poor aswell. 

I would love to see a midfield 3 of kante, fabregas, and willian. Willian has the legs to go box to box. Any other combination of a 3 man midfield, would leave the front 2 isolated. 

He is prone to making mistakes, however he brings so much else to the team. An extra bite and presence and technical qualities that we have missed. Yeah, I would say last few games, we could have done with his leadership and qualities on the pitch.

The forgotten man. Feels like we need abit of David Luiz in the team. Someone who plays with abit of heart and not afraid to play the dark arts. 

Can't even remember when he was last available for selection. I’m not buying this injury stuff one bit.Clearly Conte has sidelined him. 

5 minutes ago, JM7 said:

The forgotten man. Feels like we need abit of David Luiz in the team. Someone who plays with abit of heart and not afraid to play the dark arts. 

Can't even remember when he was last available for selection. I’m not buying this injury stuff one bit.Clearly Conte has sidelined him. 

Agree he has been sidelined and that he has deserved some time on the pitch as clearly plan A is not working.

2 hours ago, Luca Vialli said:

I'd play him next to Kante, We need some energy and mobility in that area.

I would play DD. But even that seems improbable with Conte in-charge. Cant wait for Cesc to take the field again on saturday and do him grandpa routine.

I will be honest, I think we could have used him this season. 

Last season we saw what he can provide when used and managed to his strengths and potential. 

I also think he would bring a bit of much needed bite to the team at the moment- we are far too soft and nice for my liking. 

9 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

I will be honest, I think we could have used him this season. 

Last season we saw what he can provide when used and managed to his strengths and potential. 

I also think he would bring a bit of much needed bite to the team at the moment- we are far too soft and nice for my liking. 

His distribution is a key ingredient we are missing, imo

David Luiz has been mistake prone in the past but if there is one thing I can never take away from him is his confidence, his arrogance. He does what he wants, and that worked last season, by far the best defender in the world when it comes to playing it out from the back, our counter-attacking system relied heavily on that. 

With Christensen in the middle especially at the moment it's more nervous and rigid, can't play it out from the back without making the inevitable 1 or 2 mistakes, that's not good enough, and don't even get me started on Gary Cahill. 

Anybody who thinks David Luiz would make us a better team should be strapped to a chair and forced to watch the FA Cup home game against Norwich on continuous loop for a month.

9 hours ago, just said:

Anybody who thinks David Luiz would make us a better team should be strapped to a chair and forced to watch the FA Cup home game against Norwich on continuous loop for a month.

It would equally be pretty easy to cherry pick a single woeful performance from  Cahill or even Andreas this season- so the same logic could be applied. 

Taking a full title winning season worth of performances from Luiz (and Cahill) last season carries a bit more weight for me. 

10 hours ago, just said:

Or take any game that he dominated last season. A lot of our defenders have been much worse than Luiz this season at times (Cahill, Andreas).

Disagree. Luiz is not a top quality defender he just hasnt got the brain for it. It's gone beyond being an opinion for me. It's fact which he proves over and over again. Any defensive situation where he has to mark an opponent invariably results in an epic fail. See the Norwich goal for a prime example.

Hope he is one of the first to go in the summer.

12 minutes ago, just said:

Disagree. Luiz is not a top quality defender he just hasnt got the brain for it. It's gone beyond being an opinion for me. It's fact which he proves over and over again. Any defensive situation where he has to mark an opponent invariably results in an epic fail. See the Norwich goal for a prime example.

Hope he is one of the first to go in the summer.

Don't expect much from Luiz in a back 4, too much responsibility, the middle of a back 3 is made for him and he had one good season.