pacquiao

David Luiz back at Chelsea

20 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

I don't really remember Phil Neville getting ridiculed, I remember he use to play in a few positions and always against Chelsea man marking Zola. 

My own opinion of Luiz is you take away the passing and you have a good defender, in a back 4 I cant see him being good enough over a season to win the league, his very similar to Leboeuf, brilliant in a back 3.

I remember he was ridiculed though not as a defender as a midfielder and this was when he was playing  as the DM.

22 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Look I know we like to back our own, but that is patently not true. Media and their rubbish aside he has limited awareness and concentration. Watch the Jovic goal at Stamford Bridge. Perfect example. Good reason Jose picked Cahill over him and was happy to let him go to PSG.

Truth is he has the best passing range of any defender in the world, for some that excuses his flaws. Not for me though.

I can give you perfect examples where he has been excellent too this season. Man City he did not give Sterling, Jesus and co a sniff. He was MOTM for me that game. He won everything. We have kept 16 clean sheets this season in league with Luiz being in the team for most of those games. People exaggerate the problems. He makes mistakes but he is a good defender and the good games he has had this season is not recognized. 

2 hours ago, STATS said:

I can give you perfect examples where he has been excellent too this season. Man City he did not give Sterling, Jesus and co a sniff. He was MOTM for me that game. He won everything. We have kept 16 clean sheets this season in league with Luiz being in the team for most of those games. People exaggerate the problems. He makes mistakes but he is a good defender and the good games he has had this season is not recognized. 

I think in many ways he's been a victim of the expectations set upon him when he joined the very first time.

After his performances against United and City early doors there was talk he potentially could revolutionise the CB position and I think from then on unrealistic expectations have been set on his head.

4 hours ago, STATS said:

2 hours ago, Argo said:

I think in many ways he's been a victim of the expectations set upon him when he joined the very first time.

After his performances against United and City early doors there was talk he potentially could revolutionise the CB position and I think from then on unrealistic expectations have been set on his head.

Appreciate your points. I have to say that expectations aren't an issue on my front. I simply want good disciplined defending. It's the reason I like Rudiger and the reason I have always preferred Cahill.

He's been part of some of our best teams but for mine he has always done better when either played in midfield or protected in a back three. That left side of defence in a back four has been a liability and is the key area that needs to be strengthened this summer, if we get a chance.

On 25/05/2019 at 00:49, Spiller86 said:

Because he's a poor defender and undermined Conte.

I don't know how he undermined Conte, but I don't think he is a poor defender. As many have pointed out, he has made mistakes, but he has also played very well the majority of the season. But I understand, also, the concerns you raise about him. Because he does have moments where you want to pull your hair out of your head because of his brain farts. But, IMO, the positives outweigh the negatives. Plus, he seems like one of those people you just want to be around as a person. 

Just now, fitz said:

David Luiz pulls out of Chelsea training to force through Arsenal transfer move

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/07/david-luiz-pulls-chelsea-training-force-arsenal-transfer-move-10534792/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Why?! why would he want to do that, I don't get it?!?!

Who knows? Might not be true at all and he missed training because of injury. But he has been poor pre-season; maybe Frank has had a word with him that his place is up for grabs and he's had a hissy fit? A few commentators are picking up on it now so the truth might become clearer soon.

Posted (edited)

Probably can't be bothered with the demands and seriousness of everything under the new regime.

If this is true, goes right down in my estimation. Never rated his defensive ability. Always too casual but I personally didn't criticise him too much because he seemed like quite a decent and likable guy who bought other qualities and a big personality.

Him leaving now with a transfer ban, forcing a move like this...

He could be the key player here.

Champions' League football.

Big role in mentoring the youngsters.

It's not as though things have gone stale at Chelsea (do they ever? :p) so this seems a bizarre/idiotic choice for a player, from the outside.

Edited by GhostOfDembaBa

5 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

That can't be true

Edit:  Or maybe it can be

first the reports from France? WTF is up w/ that? No sources in London? Then to choose UEL over UCL footie? Doesn't make much sense. Then lastly, didn't Side Show Bob just sign an extension?

Just now, robdog said:

first the reports from France? WTF is up w/ that? No sources in London? Then to choose UEL over UCL footie? Doesn't make much sense. Then lastly, didn't Side Show Bob just sign an extension?

He did in May, yeah.  The rumors circulating seem to think something has happened - a fallout with Frank or something.

2 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

He did in May, yeah.  The rumors circulating seem to think something has happened - a fallout with Frank or something.

but if Side Show Bob does goto le arse, IMHO that wouldn't be a good fit. Him with the likes of Shkodran Mustafi, Nacho Monreal and Calum Chambers - that would be a comedy of errors

Wouldn’t bother me. We know what he is like and the fact he is seen as experienced despite making silly mistakes all the time isn’t a good look for the younger players.

He's 32 and signed a new contract (until 2021) only in May.

Given his age, what does he care about playing time, it's not as if he's a young starlet wanting to get noticed and develop his career. At 32 he should realize he'll spend more and more time on the bench, it's only natural.

Pulling a no-show in training trying to force a move with the club unable to replace him due to the transfer ban and him extending only three months earlier is a disgraceful behaviour. If John Terry, Petr Cech and Gary Cahill can accept the reduced role with dignity, who the hell is Luiz to throw his toys out of the pram?

The way he’s doing this at the last minute while we’re on a ban is annoying but wanting to leave for a rival? f**k him I wouldn’t sell anybody to Arsenal, ship him out of England if he’s so set on leaving. 

Posted (edited)

Never a dull moment at our club - you have to laugh!

If this is true then Lamps has shown a ruthless streak that I was worried he might not have. I was slightly concerned that he'd favour the likes of Luiz and Willian because he played in the same team as them - but it appears not! 

Lamps showing that he's boss - love it!!

(Edit: If this is true of course!)

Edited by DannyVblue