Chelsea's title credentials

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I can't believe I'm actually gonna want Arsenal to win tomorrow and I hope they beat Spurs when they play them.

For me it's only Spurs and City who have a chance to catch us.

Thinking aswell the FA Cup game against Spurs could actually have an effect on the league. 

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

City, then trips to Bournemouth and United. Spurs with a match easier next three. 

As much as I am rather unimpressed with today's result I will be blooming delighted if we are 7 points clear after the game at united is done.  Not to mention amazed no way do I see us winning all 3 of those. 

Spurs haven't been under any sort of pressure yet, it's been a 'win and see what happens approach' so far.

Maybe now the gap has closed we'll see them react differently with the media now watching them more closely.

Don't forget they managed to finish 3rd in a two horse race last year. Hardly a team littered with experienced title winners.

We're still in a fairly strong position, but I am starting to become nervous. 

No side has lost the PL after compiling so many points. 

I would argue that if Tottenham get the PL from here, then we never deserved to win it in the first place.

14 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I can't believe I'm actually gonna want Arsenal to win tomorrow and I hope they beat Spurs when they play them.

For me it's only Spurs and City who have a chance to catch us.

Thinking aswell the FA Cup game against Spurs could actually have an effect on the league. 

Arsenal aren't beating city tomorrow. Arsenal are appalling. 

36 minutes ago, enigma said:

Arsenal aren't beating city tomorrow. Arsenal are appalling. 

They do have it in them to pull out a win against City tomorrow. It's Arsenal.

Also don't think anyone should be panicking. The whole point of building a sizable lead is to be able to afford losses like yesterday when nothing went our way despite doing (almost) everything right and have a cushion to fall back on, isn't it? As long as we beat City on Wednesday, we'll be fine.

Massive few weeks coming up.

If we lose to City and lose to Spurs in the FA cup, our season could derail and we could be in the sickening position of seeing Spurs win the double.

3 hours ago, DaRick said:

We're still in a fairly strong position, but I am starting to become nervous. 

No side has lost the PL after compiling so many points. 

I would argue that if Tottenham get the PL from here, then we never deserved to win it in the first place.

United were 8 points clear with six games to go and managed to bottle it. 

18 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

We have a really tough run in while Spuds have a cake walk

We really need to beat City at home to feel confident of winning the title, I don't see us being able to though. We just seem to be struggling to put the ball in the net

Spurs don't have a cake walk. They have games where they are playing against teams who are inferior to them but they still can drop points. Swansea will not be easy. Fighting for their lives, they have improved under Clement and it is possible for them to drop points. Who would have said last month or so that Spurs would have dropped points against the worst team in the league in Sunderland? They have their best team available then too. Now, Kane is injured, as is Rose, possibly Wanyama. The PL is so unpredictable. 

Nothing like building up the hopes of the fools down WHL, they are on a good run, but we all know runs end eventually. It amazes me that the pundits seem to think they are the ones with no pressure on them. Sorry but for me they have just as much if not more pressure on them,we have been there and got the t-shirt when it comes to title run in's.

5 hours ago, Zeta said:

Massive few weeks coming up.

If we lose to City and lose to Spurs in the FA cup, our season could derail and we could be in the sickening position of seeing Spurs win the double.

Reality check needed.

If we lose both them games we will still be 4 points clear at the top of the toughest league in Europe.

Give me that offer at HT at the Emirates, and i would of took you arm off to the shoulder bone.

9 hours ago, Blue Exile said:

Spurs haven't been under any sort of pressure yet, it's been a 'win and see what happens approach' so far.

Maybe now the gap has closed we'll see them react differently with the media now watching them more closely.

Don't forget they managed to finish 3rd in a two horse race last year. Hardly a team littered with experienced title winners.

Yes i think they bottled it last year

13 minutes ago, Brutos said:

One game doesn't mean we can't defend Jesus the overaction. City has been struggling all season

It's not just one game though, we have been making mistakes in defence for a while now. We haven't kept a clean sheet since January in the league. Pretty much all of our goals conceded are coming from poor defensive errors too. 

15 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

It's not just one game though, we have been making mistakes in defence for a while now. We haven't kept a clean sheet since January in the league. Pretty much all of our goals conceded are coming from poor defensive errors too. 

Atleast we won't face a physical striker like Benteke, which had no problem bullying our defenders. Hopefully they are better at handling the pressure City will bring at times.

8 hours ago, JMaher94 said:

United were 8 points clear with six games to go and managed to bottle it. 

I know; I meant the number of PL points after a certain number of games. 

Edited by DaRick

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Yep, we are leaking goals at the moment but thankfully the mistakes are very correctable and with some added focus on the training ground we should be able to iron them out.

At the other end of the pitch we badly need Costa to up his game because he has been poor for several weeks. His head just wasn't in the game at all yesterday and as a result he wasn't much of a threat. 

We should still be fine but we have a tough run of games now leading up to the FA Cup Semi: City, Bournemouth (a), United (a). Spurs have Swansea (a), Watford and Bournemouth. If we are still 7 points ahead after those 3 games I'll be very happy indeed. 

Edited by Celery1989

We have the 2nd best defense in the league and aren't even far behind the #1 in Spurs with us having 23 goals conceded and 21 for them. This idea that we're leaking goals like a basket is just overreaction. Yes, we've made some silly mistakes of recent but it's nothing that can't be ironed out. Apart from 2 minutes of madness and that other Zaha chance yesterday, we were solid as usual. Calm down.