Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2017/2018

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, cRyptic said:

Palace are a complete disaster. With that said, now watch them get their first win this year against us.

I was going to say I'm not sure about that, but then I remember the horror show last year and Benteke's awful goals.

7 minutes ago, cRyptic said:

A bogey team for us in recent years definitely. I feel like our 2013-2014 title hopes ended after we lost to them in that freak of a game.

Doesn't help we're playing them after international break. They somehow beat us at home after the break last season, frustrating. 

But I don't think they'll give us too much trouble, they look awful and as long as complacency is cut out of us, we can win. 

Build up to the game on the Dutch television, all about the money again.

Apparently we're not a real topclub, and it hurts the real clubs like Spurs, Arse and United. 

If you guys think the English media has something against Chelsea, you should check out the coverage we get over here. Absolutely shambolic.

Edited by CFCholland

5 minutes ago, CFCholland said:

Apparently we're not a real topclub, and it hurts the real clubs like Spurs, Arse and United. 

If you guys think the English media has something against Chelsea, you should check out the coverage we get over here. Absolutely shambolic.

Did you hear that remark that people claim Brompton cemetary has more atmosphere than Stamford Bridge :face_palm:

19 hours ago, CFCholland said:

How did they get to that conclusion?  Money has been irrelevant now for a good few seasons with the club being self sufficient.  I can't understand why City get half the flak we do when they spend serious money every year, with no real evidence of where it comes from.  In the past 5 seasons our net spend per season is bout 30m and citehs is 100m.  I'm not sure what they mean about us hurting other clubs, especially Arsenal - they are doing a good enough job of hurting themselves. 

Edited by Fendieta

Its strange this season. It's almost like the top 3/4 have got stronger and everyone else became weaker. Everton, bournemouth, palace, west ham, leicester, swansea, southampton, and the newly promoted teams are all poor compared to last season. This season it feels like you can go against almost every team below 6th place and not be given a proper test. Burnley, stoke and maybe watford probably the only teams who seem to have shown to be better this season. 

17 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Another great finish by Coutinho. Liverpool will be f**ked when he leaves. I remember when we tried to convince ourselves Oscar was as good if not better :sad:

I'll be surprised if he's still there at the start of next season.

19 hours ago, enigma said:

Its strange this season. It's almost like the top 3/4 have got stronger and everyone else became weaker. Everton, bournemouth, palace, west ham, leicester, swansea, southampton, and the newly promoted teams are all poor compared to last season. This season it feels like you can go against almost every team below 6th place and not be given a proper test. Burnley, stoke and maybe watford probably the only teams who seem to have shown to be better this season. 

Not sure it really is strange, Manx clubs have strengthened and us, Spurs, Lvpl about the same.

Everton still trying to come to turns with the loss of Lukaku, Palace injuries - Zaha and now RLC, Swansea narrowly avoided relegation and have since sold Llorente, Leicester - first big test for their former coach - can he last a whole season? West Ham haven't replaced Payet yet with another top quality player and Southampton - new manager think he is doing ok, recently lost by a goal to Stoke away and to Man U by a goal at home, no shame in that.

For me the surprise is Burnley's away form has been impressive - they haven't lost yet, Marco Silva making Watford more competitive (is that a surprise?), Stoke about the same, still hard to beat at home with different faces.

Edited by Strider6003