Danny Drinkwater

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

13 minutes ago, Geert The Flyer said:

RhPUr8a6DTUxcZPGBxhmX42arjXMSSho0vsA0wC7c6Y.jpg?w=1024&s=c0949b3d41d05dfc0d4cea16554ea570

According to reddit/cfc this was removed from the website. 
Reminds me of the Morata deal...

I am sure someone would be able to mock up something like that with decent photoshop skills tbh

1 hour ago, Geert The Flyer said:

Are you kidding me ? 

1) Monaco and Spurs always play younger players. Especialy Monaco, it's their trademark, so no comparison.
2) Rashford started playing because there was no alternative for Van Gaal at the moment.
3) Chalobah wanted regular game time, like starting matches and staying on the pitch for longer than 45min. Would you put Nate on instead of Bakayoko, Fabregas or Kante ? 

And look where Rashford is now and what a player he is. We had the same with Boga and look what happened. There is a reason we're looking to sign Drinkwater, why would we put 30m on a player that would warm up our bench?

17 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

why would we put 30m on a player that would warm up our bench?

because that is the price for average english player which drinkwater happens to be

Edited by amART

Definitely more excited with ox than this. I was hoping we would pull something a bit more adventurous out of the bag, but drinkwater is a capable centre midfielder, who will give 110%, and also has an eye for a pass. 

€30m is about right, £40m would've been crazy. 

With ox and drinkwater looking more and more like done deals, we still have plenty of room for a deadline day foreign signing.........

42 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I honestly dont mind drinkwater he is the only replacement we have for fabregas. Kante and Bakayoko are different to FAB

He isnt quite fab but he certainly has an eye for a pass, he can score as well poaches on the edge of the box like a certain cm we used to have, defensively decent too.

He isn't brilliant at anything but he is an all round player, he is in fact the perfect player to use while resting our CM for a big game, more than adequate to play mid table and down teams letting our main players rest. 

7 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

He isnt quite fab but he certainly has an eye for a pass, he can score as well poaches on the edge of the box like a certain cm we used to have, defensively decent too.

He isn't brilliant at anything but he is an all round player, he is in fact the perfect player to use while resting our CM for a big game, more than adequate to play mid table and down teams letting our main players rest. 

He is also a premier league  winner, and that experience always helps, look at spurs they have no winners in their team and it shows when the pressure is cranked up, our team is full of winners, and Drinkwater is just another one added to the list, I think he'll be an assett

23 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I agree with you - I feel there's a good chance he'll develop at Chelsea in a similar way to Gary Cahill. I'm more worried about Ox - will he be able to put in a proper shift?

Confused as to why he'd want to move from regularly being one of the first names on Leicester's team sheet to likely being our 4th choice central midfielder. That said, I'd actually be quite happy to have him here.

He's a reliable, hard-working midfielder that would slot in when needed without much disruption. I think he's a better all-round footballer than many give him credit for, and while he may not have the creativity or physical traits of the league's best he doesn't often put a foot wrong, and won't lose many battles through lack of trying. 

There are a few players in our side prone to hiding or stropping when things start going against us, and I think he'd actually be a positive influence against that sort of attitude. Despite the transfer fee (and its reasonable given the current market) I'd be pretty happy with this deal.

1 minute ago, carrickblue said:

I agree with you - I feel there's a good chance he'll develop at Chelsea in a similar way to Gary Cahill. I'm more worried about Ox - will he be able to put in a proper shift?

Henry made an interesting  point, he said everything at Arsenal is too nice, no ruthlessness, from the top to the manager to the players, don't win it's ok, have a bad game it's ok, sit on the bench all season it's ok, at Chelsea don't win get sacked, play poor get sold or benched then sold, this environment plus a coach like conte encourages performances, hence VM and MA, we are the perfect type club for a talented young player who hasn't realised his potential...if and it's a big if, he can handle the pressure. 

21 minutes ago, spadefx said:

Confused as to why he'd want to move from regularly being one of the first names on Leicester's team sheet to likely being our 4th choice central midfielder. That said, I'd actually be quite happy to have him here.

He's a reliable, hard-working midfielder that would slot in when needed without much disruption. I think he's a better all-round footballer than many give him credit for, and while he may not have the creativity or physical traits of the league's best he doesn't often put a foot wrong, and won't lose many battles through lack of trying. 

There are a few players in our side prone to hiding or stropping when things start going against us, and I think he'd actually be a positive influence against that sort of attitude. Despite the transfer fee (and its reasonable given the current market) I'd be pretty happy with this deal.

champs league football, higher wage, a top club, change of winning the league every year etc. leicester aren't a bad team, but they're not going to be challenging for top four every year.