Callum Hudson-Odoi

15 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Agreed he was but you are saying Hudson Odoi not only wont score many goals but he doesn't have Willian dribbling ability/ work rate etc. What doe he bring then?.

IMO CHO was our best attacking player for a whole month or more before Tuchel took over and during the first few games. It doesn't help that he plays on different sides depending on how the wind blows but he has adapted pretty well in the new wing-back role IMO.

49 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Agreed he was but you are saying Hudson Odoi not only wont score many goals but he doesn't have Willian dribbling ability/ work rate etc. What doe he bring then?.

The flaw in your argument is that you are comparing a 20yo to a 32yo.

Willian was playing for Shakhtar Donetsk averaging 4-5 goals a season when he was 20yo.

1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

Odoi imo is the most multi dimensional wide player that that we have. He is still raw but he can do everything. If developed correctly he can be an all arounder wide player who can create, hold the ball, score and carry ball forward. Pretty much everything.

Now we ask him to do one thing, only stay wide beat your man and cross. Pretty much wb job. Yeah it work to some degree but it is just waste of talent. 

Hudson Odoi only started playing properly since Tuchel (January) and he’s got 5 goals so far. Already matched Willian’s average goals per season.

Willian is a massive disappointment if you look at his goals record, I’m sure Hudson Odoi will easily get 10 a season if not more.

I love Callum but I don't think he's good enough to start for a team challenging to win the prem or the ucl at the level he's at rn.

I find him to be very frustrating he can dribble and pick a good pass but in around the box his decision making can let him down.

Once the summer comes we will have a better understanding of the squad and proposed system. If we have enough attackers I'd like to see him go on loan for 2 seasons and get regular football. Let him hone his craft and come back better. A team like Dortmund would be ideal imo.

17 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I love Callum but I don't think he's good enough to start for a team challenging to win the prem or the ucl at the level he's at rn.

I find him to be very frustrating he can dribble and pick a good pass but in around the box his decision making can let him down.

Once the summer comes we will have a better understanding of the squad and proposed system. If we have enough attackers I'd like to see him go on loan for 2 seasons and get regular football. Let him hone his craft and come back better. A team like Dortmund would be ideal imo.

His best performances for us came in the europa league under Sarri. In the league he's been very meh under all three managers, Sarri, Lampard and Tuchel.

• 1 month later...

What do you reckon we should do with CHO next season?

We have Pulisic, Mount, Havertz, Ziyech, Werner all vying for the attacking places, and CHO isn't really getting a look in.

The other option is RWB, but I can't see Azpilicueta leaving yet and James is probably ahead of CHO in that position.

So it leaves him in a position where if he stays he's quite likely not to get many games again. I wonder if perhaps we should give him a year on loan.

12 minutes ago, Zeta said:

What do you reckon we should do with CHO next season?

We have Pulisic, Mount, Havertz, Ziyech, Werner all vying for the attacking places, and CHO isn't really getting a look in.

The other option is RWB, but I can't see Azpilicueta leaving yet and James is probably ahead of CHO in that position.

So it leaves him in a position where if he stays he's quite likely not to get many games again. I wonder if perhaps we should give him a year on loan.

Agreed, I truly believe it would do him a world of good to play week in, week out for a season. The tricky part is finding the right club, at a high enough level and where he's more or less guaranteed to play. 

24 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

This will be tough for CHO, isn't Chelsea going after Sancho too?

If we change the system next season and play with 2CBs we would have more space for a winger like CHO to get some minutes when Pulisic or Ziyech aren't playing, it's a long season. But if we buy someone like Sancho it's over for him...

Really odd. There was a time in early TT games where CHO was the standout player for us. He adopted well to RWB, and was also played further forward where he looked dangerous. Then, he has seemingly disappeared without apparent reason. 

Personally I don't think we should loan him. Would prefer he is in the squad and player. He is a good option on either side, and can cover at RWB if needed. I prefer him to Ziyech.

I do wonder if it is down to application with him. I get similar vibes between him and Tammy, and although I think CHO has better potential than Tammy, there is something about both of them, in terms of how I perceive them to apply themselves, that leads me to question their mentality.

Obviously I am not in training, so this is all baseless opinion, but if you look at someone like Mount, you get the sense that he busts a gut to train and improve, giving 100% in everything he does. Rightly or Wrongly, I don't get the same sense from Tammy or CHO.

3 hours ago, AndyDowsleftflank said:

Agreed, I truly believe it would do him a world of good to play week in, week out for a season. The tricky part is finding the right club, at a high enough level and where he's more or less guaranteed to play. 

With teams whose training methods have very minimal injuries

15 hours ago, Oli said:

Id actually consider him for Arsenal, Leicester in the league and Villa. Tomorrow isnt the game for Callum.

Take it back..he was immense when he came on. He more or less created that attack out of absolutely nothing. Just ran at three defenders who surrounded him, who does that, and perfect layoff to werner.

Just a reminder of the depth in squad we have. Cho is a big weapon for us even when he's not playing regularly. He has the direct running that only Pulisoc and maybe Mount posses in this squad. To size a player up and attempt to go past them successfully regularly throughout a match. 

He is like so many in this squad a wild card.

Was excellent off the bench - he is really quite an intelligent player, particularly considering he's still only 20. Not a chance we'd have won the game without him. Oh, and it was against the best team in the country.

Probably worth pointing out that this is not the first time he has made a difference as a substitute. Really hope to see more of him going forward.