Jump to content

Callum Hudson-Odoi


Recommended Posts


Motm in both of the games under Tuchel so far, position seems to really suit him and his direct running, crossing and he’s tracking back well. 

Time will tell how he does against better opponents but he’s looking very promising so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dan_cfc said:

Motm in both of the games under Tuchel so far, position seems to really suit him and his direct running, crossing and he’s tracking back well. 

Time will tell how he does against better opponents but he’s looking very promising so far.

For me Mount was MOTM today but in fairness there was only a midgets ball hair in it.

I have been openly critical of Odoi in the past and never that impressed with what came across as his will to win and commitment to effort. However delighted to accept that he is showing more of that now and he fully merits a regular starting berth at current time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if CHO is 100% satisfied with the position he has now "The Moses-role", but his skillset is perfect for it. I think he is looking to score more goals and it is not that easy to score as a wingback opposed to an out and out attacker. But he is excelling in this role. The space he has with the pace he has is poison against any side. I really hope he enjoys this role. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, loz said:

For me Mount was MOTM today but in fairness there was only a midgets ball hair in it.

I have been openly critical of Odoi in the past and never that impressed with what came across as his will to win and commitment to effort. However delighted to accept that he is showing more of that now and he fully merits a regular starting berth at current time.

Now give Kovacic his dues 😉 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved the hug he gave Tuchel after the game, he's happy and he's working hard to stay on the team. Not one of his best games against Spurs, I actually think he would've done better against Regullion who likes to get forward but I loved how he kept getting back and mixing it up with James and Mount, there was great chemistry there between them. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lads which side do you think he's best on because originally I always thought the left, but after watching him yesterday I think he may be better on the right. I prefer when he goes past players and whips in a cross on his favoured foot rather than cutting in. So I guess I prefer the right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

The Right Wide Back for me, on the Left it feels like he has to cut-in all the time on the edge of the box to score like Willian used to. Think he has done this once in numerous attempts.

At RWB seems much more involved in the game and productive as opposed to a fringe player. 

I didn't watch the game but not sure what do you mean by cut in all the time? That is the idea of playing right footed on the left, so he can cut in and shoot or pass more 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he drove into the box well tonight and put in a couple of decent low crosses which just needed to be tapped in.

He is working hard at his defended and doing much better than I thought he would.

Really wish the lad would shoot more often and believe. We’ve all seen that he has a decent shot on him. I think he has the ability to score 15-20 goals a season. If he adds that to his game he could become world class.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me that's really what sets him apart from Sancho at the moment the ability is there he just needs to utilise it. Shoot hard and low, if he's on the right practice shooting at the near post in training.

His shots always seem weak I know he has power though I've watched him ping the ball across the field with complete control and accuracy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Deino said:

Needs to learn to shoot when he's in space. At least test the keeper

Even James has improved a bit on this aspect so I don't see why CHO can't do the same.

Think that is the next step and like someone pointed out he was very good at youth level. Presently I think he is more comfortable on the left wing cutting in and shooting with his right foot. Seems not to trust his left foot for whatever reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that makes him stand out for me is he very rarely wastes his time on the ball, theres almost always an end product of either a great cross in, a through ball, or a ball to a player in space. As others are saying he needs to shoot more but we dont know if thats the instructions he is under from Tuchel. His balls into the box are outstanding and cause mayhem, we just need Tammy, Werner etc to trust him more and get onto the end of them. One thing he does do thats a bit annoying is he dummies to cross sometimes, that does no one any good as anyone in the box then needs to stutter and reset, which means they dont get on the end of the actual ball into the box. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dkw said:

The thing that makes him stand out for me is he very rarely wastes his time on the ball, theres almost always an end product of either a great cross in, a through ball, or a ball to a player in space. As others are saying he needs to shoot more but we dont know if thats the instructions he is under from Tuchel. His balls into the box are outstanding and cause mayhem, we just need Tammy, Werner etc to trust him more and get onto the end of them. One thing he does do thats a bit annoying is he dummies to cross sometimes, that does no one any good as anyone in the box then needs to stutter and reset, which means they dont get on the end of the actual ball into the box. 

He's also got a bit of swagger about him ... that's an attitude I like to see. Alonso is the same. I don't think it's a co-incidence that our form down the flanks has picked him with these two back in the fold. The only conundrum for me is how to fit Reece James in the eleven as well !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!