Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

6 hours ago, Nibs said:

Thought he was okay against Villa and should have started again today. Bad call from Frank to start Ziyech who clearly wasn't fit and for large parts looked disinterested.

It was, but many were very happy before hand that we finally could play that front 3.

For me I would like to see CHO start several games in a row, chance to show he is up to it if, and here is the big if, he can stay fit.

Let Ziyech, Pulisic and Havertz rotate, the latter as a number 10 only in the 3 behind the striker 

7 hours ago, Nibs said:

Thought he was okay against Villa and should have started again today. Bad call from Frank to start Ziyech who clearly wasn't fit and for large parts looked disinterested.

I would've understood starting a slightly unfit Ziyech if Giroud was starting and the plan was to get the balls into Giroud but playing Werner and a clearly unfit Ziyech over Callum seemed a little unwise in hindsight. 

I thought he was quite poor most of the 1st half, constantly over hitting crosses/passes, not taking the defence on but cutting in and just laying it off. But he grew in confidence and became more direct and confident and was excellent 2nd half.

I personally feel if Ziyech is fit he should play as he is by far our most creative player and today I enjoyed watching him drop deeper and more central at times. 

Pulisic and CHO both prefer playing on the left anyway so the competition should be between those 2 for the Left wing, based on form CHO deserves the start against Fulham. 

On 13/01/2021 at 05:35, Oli said:

I wouldn't mind playing all three tbh. Ziyech on the right, Hudson-odoi on the left, and pulisic just behind giroud or a striker upfront. I honestly think that could be a very dynamic forward line. 

With 2 good holding midfielders could work.

Either way I would like to see a run of games where CHO gets to start game after game.

Preferably on the left, with Ziyech on the right and Havertz in the middle of the 3 for me.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/14/hudson-odoi-deserves-greater-chance-to-fix-chelsea-attacking-muddle-lampard-werner-pulisic

Fantastic article and a good read on why Hudson-Odoi deserves to start a string of games for us now. In the little chances he's gets he produces, but to really get the best out of him we need to give him a proper run of games, and accept that sometimes he will have a bad game, but still play him the next. Even when he's not spectacular, he seems to be decisive with a goal or assist, and that has been the case all season. 

P.s him Foden and Sancho were the three real real standouts from that u17 world cup winning team, which included Conor Gallagher, Gibbs-white, Panzo, Marc Guehi, and Rhian Brewster amongst others.  And he was the one tipped to be the best, you only have to look at the Man City  - Chelsea youth F.A. cup finals to see him completely outshine them. The thing is, Sancho's development has obviously been accelerated by being a first team regular for 2 years now, and we are seeing the benefits of Foden playing every week now too. If Hudson-Odoi continues to score or assist nearly every time he's on the pitch, imagine what a player we could have on our hands with real consistent playing time this year.  

Edited by Oli