Jump to content

Callum Hudson-Odoi


Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, 2211 said:

Played really well when he came on.

He’s unpredictable which makes him dangerous.

Should definitely start against Leicester.

Should have started, he's been the brightest player the last month. He needs telling that he starts the next 6 games with a chance to being first choice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, charierre said:

Should have started, he's been the brightest player the last month. He needs telling that he starts the next 6 games with a chance to being first choice. 

How good is Ziyech on the left does anyone know? Because I really feel our best chance of kicking on from here is getting James/CHO partnership going again on the right hand side.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's great to see CHO looking something like the CHO of old. I kind of expected it would take a year or so of football before he was anywhere close the player he was before the injury (how many seasons did it take Zouma before he looked like a viable option again for us?). I'm pleased for the kid, I hope he can keep it up because we really need him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

By form, he deserves to start. I don't think Lampard should worry about reputation by now, he dropped Werner and Havetz, should have no problems drop Ziyech for CHO. The boy was our Sancho after his breakout season, pretty disappointing he hasn't played more after that ( injury or not)

I personally would either drop Pulisic and continue with a 4-3-3 or drop Jorginho and shift to a 4-2-3-1 and play Ziyech in a more Central role. Ziyech has not been in great form since returning from injury but he still is our most creative player and I think he compliments CHO who loves making runs in behind from the left.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

On top of the question whether Lamps will give CHO a deserved start today is the other one, will he take it and run with it?

CHO has often looked good in  cameos but when given a chance to start, especially against good teams he has not delivered.

We now need to see him do so, score, make goals, work his butt off both offensively and defensively. Make himself unstoppable because neither Pulisic nor Ziyech are pulling up trees so when CHO gets a chance he needs to make it impossible for Frank to drop him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just listening to “ The Si Phillips talks Chelsea “ podcast now and he has Dean Jones on who’s apparently heavily in the know and he’s saying there are a lot of people at the training ground who still aren’t convinced by CHO, said he hears a lot of things about him and a lot of them aren’t good things so make of that what you will, but thinks if Sancho leaves Dortmund then CHO would be a shoe in for Dortmund in the summer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Just listening to “ The Si Phillips talks Chelsea “ podcast now and he has Dean Jones on who’s apparently heavily in the know and he’s saying there are a lot of people at the training ground who still aren’t convinced by CHO, said he hears a lot of things about him and a lot of them aren’t good things so make of that what you will, but thinks if Sancho leaves Dortmund then CHO would be a shoe in for Dortmund in the summer. 

Typical, no information, just talk utter crap to get clicks from dumbass fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

I can 100% guarantee even the very worst journalist has more info than you. People like Matt law and Simon Philips etc have forgotten more than you know about how the club operates. 

i'm not trying to mug people off and pretend i know whats going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Just listening to “ The Si Phillips talks Chelsea “ podcast now and he has Dean Jones on who’s apparently heavily in the know and he’s saying there are a lot of people at the training ground who still aren’t convinced by CHO, said he hears a lot of things about him and a lot of them aren’t good things so make of that what you will, but thinks if Sancho leaves Dortmund then CHO would be a shoe in for Dortmund in the summer. 

 

10 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

But you are presuming what people do and don’t know without any idea of what they know, so your speculating that a journo is speculating. 

Im not specualting, look at what you wrote, someone heard things at the training ground, no mention of the things in particular, but it's not good, 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was very disappointed with Callum against Leicester. He fully deserved the starting place that Lamps gave him on the back of some encouraging displays and then puts in a performance like that.

very frustrating for everyone and no doubt none more than Lamps who put his faith in him.

The very least you expect is to put a shift in but we didn’t even get that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/01/2021 at 13:54, axman2526 said:

On top of the question whether Lamps will give CHO a deserved start today is the other one, will he take it and run with it?

CHO has often looked good in  cameos but when given a chance to start, especially against good teams he has not delivered.

We now need to see him do so, score, make goals, work his butt off both offensively and defensively. Make himself unstoppable because neither Pulisic nor Ziyech are pulling up trees so when CHO gets a chance he needs to make it impossible for Frank to drop him.

 

2 minutes ago, Osgoodwasgood said:

I was very disappointed with Callum against Leicester. He fully deserved the starting place that Lamps gave him on the back of some encouraging displays and then puts in a performance like that.

very frustrating for everyone and no doubt none more than Lamps who put his faith in him.

The very least you expect is to put a shift in but we didn’t even get that.

Maybe against Leicester we saw the reason Lamps has been reluctant to start CHO. 

Going back a page or two in this thread we all wanted to see CHO get more game time and okay, maybe he is still a bit rusty or lacking confidence and sharpness. But he did himself no favours at all against Leicester as he didn't do much of note going forward and didn't help James much defensively either. I do hope he gets a run of games but he HAS to do better. 

 

 

Edited by Nibs
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Nibs said:

 

Maybe against Leicester we saw the reason Lamps has been reluctant to start CHO. 

Going back a page or two in this thread we all wanted to see CHO get more game time and okay, maybe he is still a bit rusty or lacking confidence and sharpness. But he did himself no favours at all against Leicester as he didn't do much of note going forward and didn't help James much defensively either. I do hope he gets a run of games but he HAS to do better. 

 

 

I agree Nibs, I’m in the fan club and after a couple of really encouraging performances I was expecting good things against Leicester.

with the options we have in wide positions Callum really needs to take his opportunities when they present themselves.

Hopefully he will get another chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

The guys confidence is probably shot, must be hard being in and out the team and knowing your be subbed if your having a bad game like the rest of the team. He needs a decent amount of continuous starts and minutes out on loan somewhere.

I would have to disagree, he has consistently got minutes since his return from injury including 3 starts in a position where our best attacking player from last season and the most creative player operate. 

He has done incredibly well in the time he has been on the pitch but in my view he needs to do more when he starts games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah he’s shown his best when he comes off the bench, but every start he gets he’s been a huge let down.

Not terrible performances but nowhere near what he was showing in 20/10 mins cameos. He only has himself to blame, the competition is tough and always will be at a club like Chelsea, so if he gets a start he really has to prove a point. He hasn’t done that so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Yeah he’s shown his best when he comes off the bench, but every start he gets he’s been a huge let down.

Not terrible performances but nowhere near what he was showing in 20/10 mins cameos. He only has himself to blame, the competition is tough and always will be at a club like Chelsea, so if he gets a start he really has to prove a point. He hasn’t done that so far.

IMO he still needs a run of starts and the performance against Leicester shouldn’t change that. It wasn’t the best performance, but I feel fans are fixated on that miss. He scores that and we will be raving about him. I have seen Salah, Sterling miss better chances, and you could argue the more games he gets the sharper he will become in front of goal.

Mr “he gives us something different” has gone under the radar, and looked very average. Havertz gets hammered for his poor performances but surely Ziyech at 27 should get the same criticism. Mr “we all know what he can do”’has been abysmal all season long but keeps starting games. We are at the end of Jan, surely 1 solitarily goal contribution from Pulisic mid season deserves some scrutiny. CHO is the least of our problems upfront.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!