Callum Hudson-Odoi

Frank Lampard on Hudson-Odoi via @talkSPORT -

"I didn't start him with a political view on it... I don't know about those rumours [Bayern], I'll shut them down right now, no he's not going.”

Frank says no..

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

As per @draper_rob, Chelsea have rejected an offer from Bayern Munich for Callum Hudson-Odoi. Initial loan plus £70m in 2021. @GoalNews #CFC #CHECRY

Take the money and run I think...

Fake news. CHO is not Kai.

27 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Frank Lampard on Hudson-Odoi via @talkSPORT -

"I didn't start him with a political view on it... I don't know about those rumours [Bayern], I'll shut them down right now, no he's not going.”

Frank says no..

Good. Bayern are trying to unsettle CHO to get him in for a year on loan because Sane is injured again, and they didnt take up their option on Perisic. Scummy tactic. 

They have no intention of spending big money on him imo. 

I think they will end up with Lemar who they have been linked with a loan for.

Cho has tons of talent and heaps  of improvement left in him. Getting a good run of starts let’s him relax, express himself and work on his experience and judgement. Pulisic will often be injured and within a year or so cho may be preferred to zyech  anyway. 

I don't think I'd even loan him.  He's been playing well and he's at least the 1st forward off the bench and like ozboy said, just may give Ziyech a run for a starting spot.

Edited by BluesPower

Does anyone else feel he is compromised pace wise because of his injury? And does anyone have any experience of that sort of injury and can say if that’s common or if it’s a mental thing? I ask because you’d think Chelsea would surely know his speed before and after the injury and surely if it was a permanent thing for him to be slow or have no acceleration, they’d just sell to Bayern cheap? Which makes me think it’s a mental thing 

6 hours ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Does anyone else feel he is compromised pace wise because of his injury? And does anyone have any experience of that sort of injury and can say if that’s common or if it’s a mental thing? I ask because you’d think Chelsea would surely know his speed before and after the injury and surely if it was a permanent thing for him to be slow or have no acceleration, they’d just sell to Bayern cheap? Which makes me think it’s a mental thing 

For me, it's his acceleration that seems to have slowed down. He doesn't seem to be able to just pick up the ball and leave players for dust anymore. But at the same time, I thought he was a lot quicker on the left against West Brom. I really do think he struggles more on the right. Everything seems to come more naturally to him on the left. The only thing he is better at on the right wing is crossing, everything else he is better at on the left wing.

Bayern have resigned Douglas Costa on loan from Juventus so CHO definitely stays at Chelsea. 

Good. 

He's shown decent form over the last three games and with games coming thick and fast throughout the whole season and Pulisic's questionable fitness record I think there's plenty of minutes to be had by CHO. 

20 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

For me, it's his acceleration that seems to have slowed down. He doesn't seem to be able to just pick up the ball and leave players for dust anymore. But at the same time, I thought he was a lot quicker on the left against West Brom. I really do think he struggles more on the right. Everything seems to come more naturally to him on the left. The only thing he is better at on the right wing is crossing, everything else he is better at on the left wing.

I also think he is lacking a bit of confidence in his game, he doesn't try beating his man as much and like you said on the right I don't think he is confident enough to come inside and take on the shot with his left foot and a lot of the times Azpi/James occupy space out wide. When he is on the left his game opens up as he has 2 options of going wide or cutting inside, the difference is when he cuts inside he does it with purpose to have a go at goal whereas on the right its usually just to lay it off to on oncoming midfielder. The goal he scored against West Brom there is no way he runs into the box to even attempt that finish when he plays on the right.

20 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

It seems that way but it's not surprising. Reduced physical performance is not uncommon after the injury he had, and it can be permanent. I hope over time he can regain the explosiveness he had before but it's also possible he may need to adapt his playing style.

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Bayern have resigned Douglas Costa on loan from Juventus so CHO definitely stays at Chelsea. 

Good. 

He's shown decent form over the last three games and with games coming thick and fast throughout the whole season and Pulisic's questionable fitness record I think there's plenty of minutes to be had by CHO. 

What's good is it sounds like CHO wanted to stay. That makes me optimistic that his head is in the right frame of mind to kick on this year. 

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Good. 

I think i dislike Bayern more than any other European club (including Barca!). They seem to think they are entitled to every player and use sh*tty tactics to get them while paying 1/3 of the price.

• 3 weeks later...

If there is a club that offering 70m on CHO, then I'm wondering why we didn't accept the offer. It doesn't look like he's in plans.

I don't know how Lampard rates him, I believe he's superb talent and all he needs is minutes. Lampard left him out of the squad and we left with three competitions, so I don't know how much time is waiting for Hudson Odoi. I think he could start in few games instead of Mount for example, he's natural winger and he's more attacking player.

I really hope to see him getting involved because if not, he will ask to leave. 

Edited by IliyaKrostin

57 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I feel for the lad. I know I keep banging on about patience and fixture congestion, players will get their chance etc. But if I have to take a guess here, I will say CHO doesn't and will never fit Lampards plans. 

Very unfortunate because he has such high potential when hes at his best, but unfortunately hasn't hit that sort of form since his injury

28 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

When he does play though he needs to play better. I want him to start more but the 2 game she played recently, Spurs and Palace i thought he was very average in both.

I thought he was good in the Palace game myself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think he has much time left at the club. The fact that we are pushing Werner out of position and playing Abraham through the middle when Pulisic isn't available really proves Lampard doesn't think he is up to it.

Can't say I disagree with him either but it is a little frustrating to see Werner blunted.