Christian Pulisic - Official

Sindre

At 23 he's still got plenty of time to shrug off these injury issues, no one is more frustrated than him. What he adds to this squad is very important and I think an in form Pulisic is crucial to our ambitions this season.

If we can fit him into a starting line up with Mount, Lukaku and Werner (I know he doesn't like playing wb) we could see a very exciting attacking brand even in the 3 atb system.

James and Kante are back in full training, but Pulisic is still out. 

So if that's true, by now it's 338 days and around 40 matches Pulisic's missed due to various injuries. He's just started his third season with the club and has been unavailable for close to a calendar year during that period. I'm a big fan of Christian's talent and really feel for him but unless things change dramatically in terms of his durability the club will probably look to move him.

11 hours ago, abramovich said:

James and Kante are back in full training, but Pulisic is still out. 

So if that's true, by now it's 338 days and around 40 matches Pulisic's missed due to various injuries. He's just started his third season with the club and has been unavailable for close to a calendar year during that period. I'm a big fan of Christian's talent and really feel for him but unless things change dramatically in terms of his durability the club will probably look to move him.

Can't argue with that.

Being healthy and available is part of the job requirements.

Very frustrating he's missing 1/3 of the time every season, regardless of how good when he's fit. I think this is the deciding season for him, stay fit and play well, or being shipped out next summer. I bet Newcastle would take him, for let's say 100M

15 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Very frustrating he's missing 1/3 of the time every season, regardless of how good when he's fit. I think this is the deciding season for him, stay fit and play well, or being shipped out next summer. I bet Newcastle would take him, for let's say 100M

With Frank as the manager? Could happen. There's no secrets that Frank does admire Pulisic's talents.

1 hour ago, haviet1 said:

With Frank as the manager? Could happen. There's no secrets that Frank does admire Pulisic's talents.

If that does happen, and if the fan activity we've seen since Pulisic signed is anything to go by, it wouldn't be the first time the Americans have thrown their support behind the Saudis.

Crazy thing is that it's not just the amount of injuries he picks up, but for some reason he always seems to take significantly longer than estimated.

Would hate to see him leave Chelsea, he's the reason I started following Chelsea in the first place but I don't think I would stop watching Chelsea matches just cause he's gone.

Anyone have ANY idea what the hell is wrong with Pulisic? A twisted ankle is now entering its second month of not being ready and nobody here in the US knows, or hears, a thing about his injury progression. We do, however see Tammy post video of CP playing basketball with Ben Chilwell, and CP attending New York Jet games in London while his mates were getting their asses kicked in Panama. Just curious if he is going to play again this season, because we are told nothing about his condition from Chelsea. Please let us Yanks know if you guys know more - something doesn't smell right here.

Edited by USATim

1 hour ago, USATim said:

Anyone have ANY idea what the hell is wrong with Pulisic? A twisted ankle is now entering its second month of not being ready and nobody here in the US knows, or hears, a thing about his injury progression. We do, however see Tammy post video of CP playing basketball with Ben Chilwell, and CP attending New York Jet games in London while his mates were getting their asses kicked in Panama. Just curious if he is going to play again this season, because we are told nothing about his condition from Chelsea. Please let us Yanks know if you guys know more - something doesn't smell right here.

A player can do all that while still not ready to play a pro match yet...

5 hours ago, USATim said:

Rumour has it that a few of the Canada men's national football team coaching staff are good pals with some on out medical department. Seems they are calling in a few favours to keep the US star player down to increase their chances of finishing ahead of you guys in the World cup qualifiers.

Apparently they are fed up with US sides always winning the Stanley cup.

On 29/09/2021 at 19:09, DumbYank said:

James should be pretty suited to wingback shouldn't he? 

He's more suited to RCB in this system. It was in that position he rose to star prospect in the first place.

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Pulisic's injury record is just embarrassing at this point. 

He's never going to establish himself as a first team player if he's going to miss the majority of matches through injury. 

If it carries on like this we should consider selling up and putting faith in CHO instead. 

Wasn't he injured alot at Dortmund too? If so makes the signing even more frustrating.

I thought he was poor when he did play last season too, then you add that he is always injured, you are right to say get rid.

So, do English sports reporters just never ask Tuchel exactly what is wrong with Pulisic. No way this ankle injury should be taking this long to rehab. And nobody ever seems to ask what the hell is exactly wrong with him.

What you need to understand is that when you have an injury prone player you don't rush them back. He is a valuable asset. The medics and coaches won't take any chances with Christian.

2 hours ago, USATim said:

So, do English sports reporters just never ask Tuchel exactly what is wrong with Pulisic. No way this ankle injury should be taking this long to rehab. And nobody ever seems to ask what the hell is exactly wrong with him.

I also think anyone that has given up on him should give him until at least the end of the season before writing him off as a lost cause. 3 seasons of not being fully fit is a different story. As things stand we're still at the early portion of the season not even a fifth of the way through let's exercise patience or at least I know I will be.

4 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Wasn't he injured alot at Dortmund too? If so makes the signing even more frustrating.

I thought he was poor when he did play last season too, then you add that he is always injured, you are right to say get rid.

He was but he was also still very young. The hopes were that he gets away from that and becomes a great winger, even Ronaldo was a skinny kid when he came to the PL but he worked a lot on his physique. This is still possible I think but it's up to him.

3 hours ago, USATim said:

Sometimes younger players just haven’t developed enough physiology when their bodies are put through extremely rigorous routines required of a professional athlete. They have the skill to get to the top but not yet the body. Christian probably needs managing correctly in these younger years ,avoid playing pointless friendlies etc. He goes on to a long career like Giggs who also had a lot of problems early doors with injuries.

Then again he may just like all the perks of being a professional footballer but not the training etc.  Hence you get ‘ how’s the injury progressing?’…’ a bit of a niggle boss’…’let the medics have a look and return to light duties’.     There are a few players like that ,who feel every little knock. Not saying that is Christian but you never know , 100k per week for doing nowt is kind of attractive…he wouldn’t be the first!

9 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Ermm Tuchel stuck him on the right when he was fit, when he is more productive on the left. Tell you what every creative player we have look very awful under him. 

20 hours ago, charierre said:

Sometimes younger players just haven’t developed enough physiology when their bodies are put through extremely rigorous routines required of a professional athlete. They have the skill to get to the top but not yet the body. Christian probably needs managing correctly in these younger years ,avoid playing pointless friendlies etc. He goes on to a long career like Giggs who also had a lot of problems early doors with injuries.

Then again he may just like all the perks of being a professional footballer but not the training etc.  Hence you get ‘ how’s the injury progressing?’…’ a bit of a niggle boss’…’let the medics have a look and return to light duties’.     There are a few players like that ,who feel every little knock. Not saying that is Christian but you never know , 100k per week for doing nowt is kind of attractive…he wouldn’t be the first!

I doubt he's the kind of guy that would be satisfy by sitting around collecting a paycheck. 

20 hours ago, charierre said:

With the way Pulisic plays? I very much doubt he's another Bogarde. 

On 15/10/2021 at 20:54, USATim said:

On 14/10/2021 at 23:28, USATim said:

Word's out that Stalin has been resurrected and is after Pulisic so he’s been shifted to a safe house by MI6. The press has been briefed by MI5 not to make any questions regarding his “recovery” (if you know what I mean), and Tuchel is believed to work secretly for the Stasi. It’s all like this in Europe, you know? But my contact has told me that they saw today Pulisic in his track suit trying to enter the Brentford stadium waving his US passport and screaming “I’m an American citizen! You can’t kick me out of the stadium!”. But it’s all very hush hush here.