Bournemouth V Chelsea (PL) Wed 30th Jan 19:45 UK

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

18 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Then quit. You just said you cannot do this job.

Contrast our performance to Cardiff after the week they had. Yup...

But that's the issue, "motivation" shouldn't be the manager's main job. A lot of these players are grown men with families receiving thousands of pounds per week, they should be playing for the club first and foremost and shouldn't need someone patting them on the back before they start playing well

18 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

But that's the issue, "motivation" shouldn't be the manager's main job. A lot of these players are grown men with families receiving thousands of pounds per week, they should be playing for the club first and foremost and shouldn't need someone patting them on the back before they start playing well

So drop them then, dont care if it is Hazard, jorginho or Luiz drop them and pick others.

Cahill kills himself every time he puts on our shirt, I reckon drinkwater would love a crack and they cannot try less.

I have a simplistic view on this. 

If your players under perform or even worse rebel, then bench them and get the club to support you.  If the club is not willing to support you, then call it quits.  

We can criticise both players and Sarri, but really the buck stops with the club. They need to tell us what is their plan and how they will achieve it: do we regress to a mid-table team and be content with that, or do we want to be a feeder club selling off our Academy youngsters or do we plan to sell the club to some rich guy and buy best talent off the shelf?  Where we are going?  How do fans measure up their expectations? 

33 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Are we really using this excuse. To me the players looked motivated, but no matter how much possession we have we arent affective with it. This has been going on for months now. The tactics arent working, he refuses to rotate. I mean how much more do some players ie christensen and CHO need to do. They are clearly better than what is on show at the moment. We played 6 games in a row with no striker and a lot before that with giroud. Its a wonder morata scored the amount he did. That system clearly wasent working yet he refused to change. Higuain received no service today so how long till we turn on him. Its clear to see this just isnt the right fit. And as a club our vision now is to buy young and try and promote from within, and sarris held us to ransom over buying a 31 or so year old, declining forward. So much for him banging on about how he isnt interested in transfers, when all hes tried to do is downplay our existing ones, and try and get in his own.

8 minutes ago, wallosh said:
1 hour ago, Dr Gonzo said:
Worrying thing is this is the team that will more or less start the next game. 

You are wrong, Sarri will blame Emerson for this defeat, so Alonso will start next game.

Emerson did hurt us a lot today in my opinion. didn't hold his line, and missed a header early that led to a save.  you can see the talent, but to me he had the worse game on the team.

What a nightmare of a match.

Seems to me Bournemouth did not need a result against us so they comfortably played a counterattacking game and packed the defence.

They also had 6 days to prepare.

We weren't solid enough in defence and so we find ourselves behind and chasing the game and being picked apart by clever counter attacks.

Hats off to Howe but by god we need to be more clinical with our chances.

Just when we thought replacing Alonso would enhance our attack........

In attack we were poor, ok Higuaín has had very little time to prepare for me no culpability. Kovacic was unlucky with a header and Pedro set up Kante who mixed up his feet. Azpi tried a shot which looked more like a cross.

I thought Hazard underperformed and looked a bit disinterested whether that is because of Sarri or RM or just the lack of attacking support I'm not sure. Yet perhaps we would have been better with Willian there today.

Bournemouth finished well today and for their first goal had five men around our goal we rarely had four players near their goal.]

I don't think our season is over despite todays poor result yet acknowledge we have problems offensively and defensively with little time to fix them before a massive February.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

Stick with attacking football, get a few signings in, eventually we will get there. Really shouldn’t lose 4-0 though.

It's not attacking football, it's possession football. And slow possession football at that in terms of the time it usually takes to move the ball over distance. Pinging triangular passes between three players that are in a twelve yard circle might look like quick one touch football but you aren't achieving much. That's a big difference.

Sarri's system doesn't allow players to be committed, early, in numbers, ahead of the ball. Look how many times we take an age to actually get the ball into the opposition box and then when we get there we have only one or two players surrounded by half the opposition team.

11 minutes ago, Oli said:

Are we really using this excuse. To me the players looked motivated, but no matter how much possession we have we arent affective with it. This has been going on for months now. The tactics arent working, he refuses to rotate. I mean how much more do some players ie christensen and CHO need to do. They are clearly better than what is on show at the moment. We played 6 games in a row with no striker and a lot before that with giroud. Its a wonder morata scored the amount he did. That system clearly wasent working yet he refused to change. Higuain received no service today so how long till we turn on him. Its clear to see this just isnt the right fit. And as a club our vision now is to buy young and try and promote from within, and sarris held us to ransom over buying a 31 or so year old, declining forward. So much for him banging on about how he isnt interested in transfers, when all hes tried to do is downplay our existing ones, and try and get in his own.

That bold-ed word is true. The game started with Chelsea looking very sharp in passing and motivated, yet, we were not able to score a goal in the first half. A lot of what i am seeing with this Chelsea is what we have already witnessed with Arsenal under Wenger in the past (Kudos to everybody else that noticed it - i am sure i am not the only one).

I am not going to say the managers tactics were terrible or that the players were extremely poor. I a just going to say that there is a "palpable discord" between the tactics and the implementation leading to poor results.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

I'm starting to think that our players need someone like Zola or Frankie as a manager. Someone like Zidane when he went to Real Madrid and suddenly all the players connected with the legend and gave all they had in them every game. Sarri has this tactic, maybe lacks a player but the bottom line is that he either refuses to see or doesn't want to deal with the holes of the gameplay he wants the players to embrace.

He said in the last press when asked, how can he help Hudson-Odoi so that he wishes to stay in Chelsea, he said that he can't do anything, that there is nothing he can do about it, that looks like he doesn't want to deal with the players and just expects them to do their part of the job as professionals.

The boardroom won't suffer but the fans, the players and Sarri will suffer a lot more.

Wouldn't want Zola anywhere near us as our manager....club legend, but not a Manager

3 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Personally think we desperately need a director of football who understands the game and understands how we’re looking to play. As good as Marina is at negotiating deals, she’s not really a football person - is she? We’re crying out for someone who understands the game at the highest level.

Are you just being nice? Totally agree though director of football should be paramount importance. 

Also seems our billionaire owner is bored of football and probably moved on to formula one or sailing, and if he doesn’t give a sh*t anymore I hope he sells it to someone with the ambition he used to have. 

Edited by WalterWhiteCFC

The reactions are too knee jerk.

Yes, we shouldn’t be losing 4-0 to silly Bournemouth, but give the manager at least one full season before jumping to conclusions. People are calling for Sarri’s head already. 

We are probably the most “knee-jerk” set of fans in the Premiership. We can still win a cup or two (who knows all three!) and finish in Champions league places. That’s a very good season for me considering how gloomy everything was at the end of last season. 

Edited by Lord

An utter disaster.

This is the worst PL result I can actually recall in recent memory (whether it's the worst performance is debatable). Worse than the hideous 0-3 and 1-4 last season. 

I do think that fixture pile-up was a factor because our performance against Tottenham was much better, plus I've been doubtful about this squad's ability to handle playing 3 games a week, but every poor performance like this one lends fuel to Sarri's detractors and brings him closer to AVB/Scolari territory - playing poor football with no real sign of progression. 

Gutless, inept, tippy - tappy football with zero idea of how to penetrate their defence in the penalty area. And you just knew that any cross, any corner, any free kick was going to amount to zilch because we have no one with those skill sets. Here's a Plan B Maurizio, next time we play away, whether it be teams like Huddersfield, Cardiff, Fulham and Bournemouth, we sit back and let them come to us because, what is clear is, the defence and Jorginho are much more comfortable facing the play. They might hesitate to risk the high press against us, so they'll be a bloody great empty space in midfield but at least we're guaranteed a point out of the game, as boring a watch as it will be.

8 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

If nothing else Conte was a winner, and couldn't stand the players not putting a shift in; he wanted to move the club forward and make them serial winners but the Board didn't have a vision.....and now look at what we have..

Conte was a moaner and toxic. Serial winner? He had a great series with juve of crashing out of the CL every season and said his team was too bad.

Allegri came in and took the same team to the CL final. Shame on you Conte. It was the right thing to get rid of the wig.

It's embarrassing, I was really angry when it happened and I didn't want to post on the forum because I'll only be letting off unwanted negativity and knee jerk reactions. 

It's probably for the best... I doubt we can muster top 4 this season with the way we're playing, better to go off the radar for a bit, regroup and see what we can do, we're still in the cups lets focus on winning some silverware and try and sort this situation out in the summer. Hazard needs to make his decision so we can get past it, I don't think he's playing his best at the moment at all. 

4-0 is horrible but it is what it is, we all know we can do better than this but we also know that we don't deserve top 4 with the way we are playing, there is such little fight in this squad it's sad to see. I really really wish Sarri would start CHO more and some youngsters, at least take advantage of this inevitable crap season and build for the future, it's time to start getting back up there next season with or without Hazard. 

It's a mess, no question about it.

The players deserve criticism for the shocking display in the second half and this side does need an overhaul, but in the beginning of the match they did look sharp and moved the ball around fast. The thing is, the longer the game went on, the less effective the team looked. So my impression was, the players ARE motivated, but whether consciously or not, they stopped trusting Sarri's methods because clearly, at least at this point in time, it's not working. It's like someone tells you there's a treasure buried in the backyard, you dig for days, weeks, months and there's nothing but old garbage pops up and he just says keep digging, it's there. At some point you'd want to climb out of a ditch and hit him with a shovel. To me, that second half showing was their frustrated reaction to what he's coaching. "Never mind, just keep passing the ball a bit more". 

Our players tend to down their tools when things get tough, but I think in this particular situation it's more of a case of obvious frustration and confusion, because they clearly do try, it's just not working time after time and eventually they just give up.

Edited by abramovich

It clearly is the players. I’ve never seen any team have such up and down seasons.
We’re like a ping pong team. One season we win the league, the next we finish outside of top 4.
Mourinho couldn’t motivate the players after winning the title, Conte couldn’t do it after winning the title, now Sarri is going through this.
The board should be blame for that. Each time you win the league, the next season automatically becomes tough because every team want to be on the headlines for beating the champion. Even Guardiola realize this, thats why he still strengthened the team after winning the league and they are not in a bad position right now. But once you as a manager win the league at Chelsea, the board won't back the manager for the next season, the board automatically feels winning the league means we have the best squad in the league so we should still be able to do it again. Thats what pissed Conte off. After he had work hard to make us win the league with average players, the board fail to back him for the second season so they can keep the money while Conte work his ass off in training with average. When I imaging myself in Conte's shoes, I think I would have probably quit immediately after winning the league.