Super Frank Lampard

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I agree with you on everything here except Ampadu.  I just don’t see a path for him to get games this year, if they think he’s a CM.  Perhaps if we sell Jorginho, but otherwise I don’t see it.  Think you have to put him in the same boat that you have Mount and Tomori, and loan him out to a PL (or Championship in Ethan’s case IMO) team that will guarantee him games.

Champions League will test the depth of the squad and I suspect we will need 4 centre halves. We have Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma and Ampadu. Dave does fill in sometimes but he's not getting any younger and I think he's a bit on the small side. I prefer him on the right and Zappa ain't pulling up trees. So one of the five will have to go. I really rate Ampadu and my heart may be ruling my head here but I would sell Zouma. Everton are hot for him and we can give Ampadu some game time. It may even be that Rudiger isn't fit for the start of the season and we need him in support. Ampadu can play in front of the defense so he adds something else to the squad.

If he went out on loan I would rather see him go to a good club where he got plenty of game time. If we take Tammy back I think Villa would be a good club for him for a season. Maybe my heart again wanting JT to train him up but I see a bit of JT in Ampadu. Not so much the same skill set but the confidence. Anyway Ampadu needs game time. Maybe if he went to a Championship side he would get plenty of game time. Derby? Fulham?

I would rather see him at the Bridge and playing in cup matches and the lesser PL matches. I see no reason why he can't become the next De Ligt.

Zouma was the best centre-back prospect we had until Jose decided he didn´t fit. Not sure what the loan spells have done to his development or confidence but I´d rather give him another chance over Rüdiger.  He´s baloney. 

12 minutes ago, Soulo said:

Zouma was the best centre-back prospect we had until Jose decided he didn´t fit. Not sure what the loan spells have done to his development or confidence but I´d rather give him another chance over Rüdiger.  He´s baloney. 

Nothing to do with Jose... If anything Jose massively aided his development. 

After Zouma sustained his knee injury he was always going to need loans to get back on track because he was already rough around the edges, let alone playing him when coming back from a major injury. 

Zouma is okay at centre back but positionally he was always really suspect and relied on his pace to cover back and make last ditch tackles, which although they look impressive wouldn't be needed if he initially read the danger better. 

That said, I didn't watch him at Everton so maybe he's improved that side of his game. 

Rudiger is clearly our best defender along with Azpi. He is also very good with his feet and he can actually play with his feet.

Zouma is not very good with his feet. Those things are pretty instictual so I think Zoum will be a defending defender all his career. I think Everton might be the place for him. Ampadu is much better with feet but half the size. 

2 minutes ago, robdog said:

this seems to be a good place to post the fact that Cudicini will not be part of SFL coaching staff. Looks like Hilario will be getting that job. Sorry @Valerie

Oh christ, someone better warn Frank to up his security and keep an eye out for any crazy clog wielding Dutch women.... 

45 minutes ago, robdog said:

this seems to be a good place to post the fact that Cudicini will not be part of SFL coaching staff. Looks like Hilario will be getting that job. Sorry @Valerie

They had different roles, Hilario is keeper coach and Carlo was assistant and ambassador. 

Edited by Argo

23 minutes ago, robdog said:

:shok: :backsaway:

That's it, enough is enough, Lampard out :Connie_threaten:

Sheesz Rob, you could have eased me into this, I'm not the sort sharp shock type.

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

:shok: :backsaway:

That's it, enough is enough, Lampard out :Connie_threaten:

Sheesz Rob, you could have eased me into this, I'm not the sort sharp shock type.

The club is looking for another role for Don Carlo - you might be in luck & Don Carlo will still be with the club

4 hours ago, Soulo said:

?really?

5 hours ago, Soulo said:

Jose was the one playing him...his injury caused him to be sidelined then Antonio cane in who wanted ball playing cb’s 

9 hours ago, Soulo said:

WTF drugs you're using

4 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Ok I totally meant someone other than Dave who given how many times he's already captained the team. I was looking for non obvious answers 

I think Dave is the best choice because there's really nobody else that's ready.  RLC may be a good choice in the future but we don't need to be adding that pressure to him at this stage of his career.

8 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think Dave is the best choice because there's really nobody else that's ready.  RLC may be a good choice in the future but we don't need to be adding that pressure to him at this stage of his career.

If everything goes as planned in the next few years i imagine the long term route will be James captain with Ampadu vice.