Super Frank Lampard

ForeverCarefree

Sack or Back ???  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

It was said when TT came in of we played PSG in the final he would get a winners medal either way for the 6 group games he managed them.

So I imagine Frank is also getting medal. Well deserved. He brought Mount and James through, he saw us top our group, he signed up Mendy and Chilwell. He laid the foundations as Claudio did for Jose.

Thank you Super Frank!

On 05/01/2021 at 13:20, pcmacca said:

I think Mount is a decent player, has skill, enthusiasm and motivation. What he is lacking though is tactical knowlege and that unfortunately does not seem to be changing under the current coaching regime as he is obviously not improving. With the ball, he can create but without the ball, particularly when playing in midfield and having to defend he can be seen running around following the ball instead of marking his opponent closely enough (similar thoughts to CHO). He needs to add structure to his game so he doesn't just flit in and out of games as he is currently doing. Everyone is discussing FL but surely Jody Morris should be working to improve the players in training. Training needs to be more than just fitness, ball skills, shooting etc. The players should be practicising routines where they will always know where their team mates will be so passes can be made automtaically in both attack and defence. To become Henderson, he will need to improve significantly and there is currently no sign of that happening under the current coaching setup. I believe FL should bring in another assistant to create structure, playing patterns and playing styles if he really wants to move forward with this team. Otherwise I am afraid he will become another sad statistic in Chelsea' history. There is a lot of talent at the club that needs to be guided into playing as a unit rather than three groups (D, M & A) of talented individuals. History and Enthusiasm are not enough to manage a PL team.

lol

• 2 weeks later...

On 14/06/2021 at 17:36, ForeverCarefree said:

20 years ago today Frank Lampard signed for Chelsea. 

Best £11m we've ever spent? I think so. 

When he was first brought in Ranieri played him on the left hand side of midfield and TBH a lot of Chelsea fans felt he didn't look anything special. But when he was moved centrally..... Ooof! A completely different player!

9 hours ago, just said:

When he was first brought in Ranieri played him on the left hand side of midfield and TBH a lot of Chelsea fans felt he didn't look anything special. But when he was moved centrally..... Ooof! A completely different player!

I remember the first time I saw him at The Bridge and he was on the right of a 4 man midfield, I think we may have been playing Everton. 

He tried a shot from somewhere near the halfway line that went nowehere near goal, I remember the Old Man remarking something like "don't get a lot for £11m". 

He showed us. 

Don’t think it’s been reported much whether he did get a medal or not. I imagine while it’s a nice gesture or he did get us through the group stages very well, he won’t be claiming he’s won the CL. 

49 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Don’t think it’s been reported much whether he did get a medal or not. I imagine while it’s a nice gesture or he did get us through the group stages very well, he won’t be claiming he’s won the CL. 

Not sure whether he got a medal or not, but he has said that he doesn't lay a claim on winning the CL. https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/13/frank-lampard-speaks-out-on-thomas-tuchel-and-chelseas-champions-league-win-14764467/

Asked if he had mixed emotions about Chelsea’s Champions League win, Lampard replied: ‘Yeah, you work towards something you want to be there, you want to be the manager.

‘I’ll never try to lay claim to that. I was part of the early foundation, potentially, but Thomas did a fantastic job getting them there.'

7 hours ago, RMH said:

Not sure whether he got a medal or not, but he has said that he doesn't lay a claim on winning the CL. https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/13/frank-lampard-speaks-out-on-thomas-tuchel-and-chelseas-champions-league-win-14764467/

Never read that, interesting comments. Frank does seem pretty good at spotting and developing talent. Seems to be a real strength of his. 

Such a shame that it ended as it always does a little premature. Guess it shows you only have one real chance at these big jobs. 

On 15/06/2021 at 05:32, Adamrb said:

What a player. It would be nice to see a long range goal these days. Modern football doesn’t have many I find

Tiki taka has killed a lot of these types of players.

The only proper one I've seen this year is that goal that beat us in the FA cup

8 minutes ago, Deino said:

Tiki taka has killed a lot of these types of players.

The only proper one I've seen this year is that goal that beat us in the FA cup

That's because we've had Mendy in goal for most of the season.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

That's because we've had Mendy in goal for most of the season.

Whilst true, was there a lot of long rangers scored by other teams this season?

I only remember James' thunderbolt early on against Brighton then the Tielemans' one.

1 minute ago, Deino said:

Whilst true, was there a lot of long rangers scored by other teams this season?

I only remember James' thunderbolt early on against Brighton then the Tielemans' one.

I think it's down to the fact we just have better keepers in the league these days.

As good as long rangers can look on the eye it's no coincidence that 99% of the time it's dodgy/average keepers letting them in.

3 minutes ago, Argo said:

I think it's down to the fact we just have better keepers in the league these days.

As good as long rangers can look on the eye it's no coincidence that 99% of the time it's dodgy/average keepers letting them in.

Very true. Maybe I'm just holding the standards to the Payet season where the man just has laser guided shots