Super Frank Lampard

ForeverCarefree

Sack or Back ???  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

6 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Reading reports that Frank has backed out of the Palace job late in the day.

Allegedly he is shocked by the number of players whose contracts have run down.

Personally would think he is better getting a Championship side promoted rather than aiming to keep a club in the EPL.

Would allow him to rebuild the club but maybe there is not a lot of money there.

Personally I think West Brom would be a perfect fit for him, he can also loan a few of our players that way and not just 1.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Would allow him to rebuild the club but maybe there is not a lot of money there.

Personally I think West Brom would be a perfect fit for him, he can also loan a few of our players that way and not just 1.

I think he really wanted a job in or around london which is why he considered palace but the prospect of rebuilding under difficult circumstances AGAIN (this time lack of funds) is what probably is putting him off his family is settled in London I dont think his missus would object to moving away but I think frank is waiting for a championship team/premier league team relatively local that would be good for his career.

Palace is a very risky prospect at the moment.

I think if brentford loose to Bournemouth the owners might consider a change in management and would be a good fit. Cant see the owners sacking someone who got them into the PL though

Edited by Malta Blue

I think Palace could be a good move, and a bit similar to when he came to us. Palace apparently have purposely let contracts run down while investing in their academy and are wanting to promote from within rather than go buy players.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I think Palace could be a good move, and a bit similar to when he came to us. Palace apparently have purposely let contracts run down while investing in their academy and are wanting to promote from within rather than go buy players.

I was thinking it would be good for him too, although i bet that eze injury has made it more difficult job. He was the player to build around, and now he has a nasty achilles injury, which could be career changing. 

If Lamps does end up at palace, I would be quite happy to see a couple of the youngsters there, with buy back clauses, maybe Gallagher and Ampadu. 

11 hours ago, dkw said:

Very different though. He came to us with 0 expectations. In palace he need to fight relegation battles with young players. 

On 21/05/2021 at 20:12, Strider6003 said:

If Lampard goes there and they get relegated I think it would be very difficult to resurrect his career at top level.

Really think he needs another season at least in the Championship before once again competing with the rest. 

Exactly what I think too. 

I'd have to say that Woy keeping Palace up all these years is a bit of a miracle. I think they are ripe to go down the toilet regardless of who their next manager is.

Frank is a rich man who could do whatever he wants. He can be choosey. He shouldn't jump at the first job available. Certainly not at a club who have a bunch of older journeymen, who play a totally different style to his preferred approach.

Bit of a random speculation from my part, but what are the chances of Super Frank going for the Wolves job? 

I don't know much about their contract situations, yet they have interesting players in Jimenez, Podence, Traore...

It's not exactly a dream job and they sucked badly this season, but don't see them threatened for relegation next season, even if some of their Portuguese players follow Nuno out. That way he can hone his skills at will at PL level without having major expectations, plus they don't mind spending during the windows. 

Like Jim I want to thank Frank for his work in laying the foundations for our season. 

He gave the faith to the likes of James and Mount to become regulars in the side, and also kept us in the FA cup and topped our CL group which allowed TT to take the ball and help us to reach 2 runners up places.

He has laid some really grate foundational work and, like Claudio did for Jose, I hope Frank has for TT next season and we get back to winning titles and finals.

6 hours ago, Brigadeiro said:

Bit of a random speculation from my part, but what are the chances of Super Frank going for the Wolves job? 

I don't know much about their contract situations, yet they have interesting players in Jimenez, Podence, Traore...

It's not exactly a dream job and they sucked badly this season, but don't see them threatened for relegation next season, even if some of their Portuguese players follow Nuno out. That way he can hone his skills at will at PL level without having major expectations, plus they don't mind spending during the windows. 

Wouldn't be a bad job for Lampard but I'd be surprised if he's on their radar as a candidate given Jorge Mendes is their agent. 

Apparently Eddie Howe turned down the Celtic job so could see him going there. Developing young players is Lampard's biggest strength as a manager and Celtic are a good side for that, so it'd be good fit for him (there will be a million Gerrard comparisons though).

Lamps should come to Ipswich if Paul Cook doesn't work out.

They are my local team and there is a great family community and passion in the fan base. The club has some decent history under Alf Ramsey, Bobby Robson and George Burley and would be a great club to get back to the Premier League over the next 5 years.

Not too far from London either.

• coco changed the title to Super Frank Lampard
8 hours ago, RMH said:

This one is also on you Super Frank! You took us to top the group, and got the youngsters playing for us. So yeah, this CL Cup is also his. 

It goes further back.

Frank took on the job in difficult circumstances and got us top 4 last season when many predicted we wouldn't get close.

Anyone know if he was there yesterday? JT and others were.

Lampard achieving Top 4 last was what gave us this opportunity in the first place so deserve a lot of credit for that. As well as bringing Mount and James through especially.

Wonder if it's a bit of a bittersweet feeling for him though considering that he had his chance too with a squad that's now Champions of Europe. Might be thinking what could have been and all that.

Just now, Sindre said:

Anyone know if he was there yesterday? JT and others were.

Lampard achieving Top 4 last was what gave us this opportunity in the first place so deserve a lot of credit for that. As well as bringing Mount and James through especially.

Wonder if it's a bit of a bittersweet feeling for him though considering that he had his chance too with a squad that's now Champions of Europe. Might be thinking what could have been and all that.

I'm sure Frank is experiencing a range of emotions, but he will be very happy as he's a fan like the rest of us.

The man is a legend. Chelsea fans will never forget his contributions as player and coach.