Itsintheblood89

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

13 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Reminds me of the first years after Abramovich bought the club. When we won the league back to back, we "had bought success". When we didn't win, it was "you can't buy success". Make up your f**king mind!

Suddenly that narrative has been dropped. It was a big narrative spread by Liverpool fans mostly, now that Liverpool are some of the biggest spenders in the league they don't tend to moan about it anymore, how awfully convenient. 

I have noticed the lack of comments about money in football despite football being more inflated in transfers than it ever was. 

Fcuk me, how low have Arsenal gone? Nice free kicks from Pepe to steal all three points but scenes at final whistle were like they'd won a massive game, not sponnily beaten some Portuguese minnows innthe europa league group stage and fans had nerve to sing 'who are ya?' at their opponents. I'm embarrassed for them.

4 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Fcuk me, how low have Arsenal gone? Nice free kicks from Pepe to steal all three points but scenes at final whistle were like they'd won a massive game, not sponnily beaten some Portuguese minnows innthe europa league group stage and fans had nerve to sing 'who are ya?' at their opponents. I'm embarrassed for them.

Come on now, they haven’t had much to celebrate for quite some time now. Let them enjoy a narrow victory over a team that they should be beating comfortably!

We also get to enjoy laughing at them for it :laugh2:

14 hours ago, Slojo said:

Suddenly that narrative has been dropped. It was a big narrative spread by Liverpool fans mostly, now that Liverpool are some of the biggest spenders in the league they don't tend to moan about it anymore, how awfully convenient. 

I have noticed the lack of comments about money in football despite football being more inflated in transfers than it ever was. 

Good points.

7 minutes ago, AlexTommo said:

Southampton are in serious trouble here. 3 down in 20 minutes. Down to 10 men.

I feel for Southampton tbh - I'd agree it was a bad tackle but it's a wet night and there was no serious injury. Ref could have given the benefit of the doubt and it would still be a game.

TBH I don’t even feel sorry for Southampton, they’ve spent years making Liverpool stronger and making themselves weaker.

What did they think was gonna happen.

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

That's just embarrassing that's shouldn't happen in the premier League

Exactly. Watford and now Southampton have embarrassed themselves and the league. 10 men have often beaten 11. There is no excuse to be mauled like that. Lose yes, but lose with some pride at least.

This was against Leicester for goodness sake. 

Hope they both go down.