Arsenal vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 29th Dec 14:00 GMT

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

f**king sh*t. We seemed to have forgotten how to play since West Ham beat us. I haven't seen a seen a series of performances this insipid in a long while for Chelsea. 

Also, as useful as Abraham has been for us, and I'm aware he's often isolated, his skills outside of goalscoring need a lot of improvement -- technical ability and general reading of the game. 

f**k we really do need to add to our squad 

Edited by MANoWAR

Just now, MANoWAR said:

f**king sh*t. We seemed to have forgotten how to play since West Ham beat us. I haven't seen a seen a series of performances this insipid in a long while for Chelsea. 

Also, as useful as Abraham has been for us, and I'm aware he's often isolated, his skills outside of goalscoring need a lot of improvement -- technical ability and general reading of the game. 

It's happened a few times in recent years. Mourinho's final few months for us and many times last season we looked worse than I have ever seen us.

Aside looking more interested than usual with a new manager, Arsenal are still sh*te and we’re utter garbage again.

I won’t list all the problems as they’re too many, but I will ask what it is that makes everyone rate  Abraham so highly? It looks to me like he couldn’t hold up his trousers. I am sure we can find a better striker in January for a moderate fee. Not a high quality long term solution, just someone who can hold the ball up and give centre backs a workout.  

Negatives well covered.

positives:

- Lampard reacting and fixing a glaring error in the formation.

- regaining our composure after the change. Ok didn’t look much of a threat, but....

-  not conceding a second: I think that was the key objective approaching ht so some risk aversion was warranted. Conceding would have been game over. We’re still in it as things stand.
Need to step up now of course.

come on Chelsea! End this xmas misery ffs!

Weve manged to regain control of the game with the introduction of Jorginho, Arsenal are starting to play deeper and that plays into our hands. We need to maintain the control and iam sure there defence will falter at some stage. 

We can't break teams down that sit deep so I doubt Arsenal sitting deep is going to help us

Frank is a legend, and loves the club, but he is clearly out of his depth. Should we wait (how long is a piece of string) until he gains the experience at club's position and financial expense or should we get a tactically wise manager?

That was a question before the club signed up Frank.  How do you feel about it now? Interesting to see if anybody changed their mind.

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Feels sad to know that the Spurs formation is still stuck in everyones head, that was just 1 special tactical game nothing more, the whole league LEARNED how to deal with that formation that Conte had for 1 season, the second season it already wasn't working as well.

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 is our best formation.

I don't think the problem is the formation, it's the personnel . With Alonso we have an attacking outlet with Emerson we have a defensive liability. If Emerson had played against spurs we wud have lost

Just now, The Don Antonio said:

I don't think the problem is the formation, it's the personnel . With Alonso we have an attacking outlet with Emerson we have a defensive liability. If Emerson had played against spurs we wud have lost

I honestly don't know why Alonso isn't playing in the 3-4-3/5-2-3 formation, if you're using it then Alonso is a must have in the starting XI. Makes no sense to me.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Maybe I’m being harsh and the majority of the blame definitely lies with Emerson as he totally switched off but the header was right beside Kepa. If he’d had his hands up he’d maybe have a chance at saving it. Like I say, maybe harsh, but I felt he could have done a little more.

Kepa has one of the poorest save to ratios  in the league, if he has 5 shots to save in a match he’ll normally concede at least twice.

It’s the norm, until we upgrade unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

It's happened a few times in recent years. Mourinho's final few months for us and many times last season we looked worse than I have ever seen us.

Haha the 15/16 season seems like a distant memory... almost forgot how bad that was. 

Hated Conte's last season as well but it's more because he was a prick than us not knowing what to do

Edited by MANoWAR

Sideways back, sideways back. Absolutely infuriating! Do we work on passing combinations to try and open a team up? Every pass is too safe. Crossing is none existent. We need balls played in between the lines. Runners to create space. 

Am sure this is the managers instructions to keep possession the problem is I think we don't have the players to do it and should play to our strengths

Apart from the Spurs game we have been playing some turgid football of late, this game is no different.  We can't keep saying it's the youth when over half the team are experienced international players.  Frank clearly wants to play attacking football but he hasn't got the type of players to do it for him and he's making some dumb decisions of late.  The spine of the team is weak, no muscle or creativity in the middle of the park, very little consistency from an attacking sense other than the odd piece of inconsistent individuality.   Depending who, if anyone that we bring in will be enough to change things in the short term to fend off Utd and Spurs and now likely Arsenal and even Wolves.