Hull v Chelsea (FA) Sat 25th Jan 17:30 GMT

Some awful perfomances in that 2nd half. Barkley, Mount kovacic, and pedro were particularly bad. 

Dont really see the point in keeping pedro. Lamps never uses him in any game that matters, and he is so out of form and fitness, lampty would probably do a better job. 

Even bringing back boga would at least give us 4 wingers. Pedro is a none entity now. 

decent 1st half, shouldve been out of sight, but at least we are through.

19 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Its name is JT.

Liverpool have got the new JT. He's called Virgil. We also had quality goalscorers like Osgood Dixon and Drogba. They're part of our great history now. The games changed but we need a quality number 9 and personally I'd bench cocky Kepa and keep Willie. We march on. 

Edited by BewareoftheDrog
Can't spell

It's a win, but this team is so uninspiring. The attitude after the break was once again terrible and when we were asked to put a shift in, the players were too mentally weak to step up and deal with it.

I gotta admit, this era of Chelsea is hard to love. Too often it just feels like so many players don't put a shift in and crumble at the slightest bit of pressure.

We have an extremely soft and lazy team, for all the talk about promoting youth, they all seem to be in their 30's rather than 19-21.

We need to splash the cash, there is a serious lack of quality in the team.

We need to get rid of Pedro, Bats, Berkeley, Alonso, Emerson and bring half decent replacements. We will only get top 4 by luck thiis year, this group is not top 4 quality

8 minutes ago, Slojo said:

He has glimpses, he's a bit rusty but he makes some terrible mistakes, I don't know what all that was about there. 

He had glimpses two years ago when we signed him though and he’s not moved forward at all. He’s been here 2 years and is 26 now - he should be showing some sort of consistency. He’s about 6th choice when everyone is fit and even then I would prefer to see Billy come on so I’d argue 7th.

3 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

I was quite impressed with Billy Gilmour, seemed combative and even won headers despite being small. If you compare the energy he had against everyone else you can tell he wanted to play more than them.

He's good but you can tell he lacks physicality big time, gets pushed around too easily. 

Another game where we made lives difficult for ourselves. We should have been at least 4-0 up at H/T and no surprise second half they get back into it. Pedro was poor for me, whole game. Bats looked really labored in second half and was practically out of breath. The ref obviously wanted Hull to equalize. When it was a few seconds before the 47th minute, we had a corner and the ref blew for H/T, so we were not able to take it. Hull have a corner at the end past the 3 minutes of added time, a good few second over it as well and he lets them have the corner. No wonder Lamps was fuming. One rule for one team but not the other. Through to the next round is the main plus anyway.

32 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

To be honest, signing Dembele doesn't fill me with confidence. I could quite easily see him becoming deadwood too.

Fair enough, I personally think he’s better than Bats, and definitely better than a Giroud who doesn’t even play.

I think he’s achievable to buy, I just think doing nothing and just having Tammy & Bats as the fowards to fire us to a top 4 finish is too risky.

Edited by 2211

Overall another high possession yet bang average performance again vs a team there for the taking, leading to much frustration. Glimpses of how the team could be if only somebody up top could finish. But after the break we witnessed the oh so familiar without kepa (their keeper was very good to be fair)to mock or Kante playing too high up the pitch , you knew they were gonna score cus big Willy was blowing his stack at the wall set up - ffs how is that not coached in advance ?

Pluses - Tomori’s header for the eventual winner, and being in the hat for the draw.

A lot of disappointing performances today yet also some unexpected good ones.

• Gilmour looks better than some of our regular midfielders.
  • Think we need Tomori back in the side.
  • Azpi, ok.
  • Alonso did ok.

Now for the bad stuff:

• Kovacic for that freekick, you hold your balls watch the ball and jump, you don't turn, get a spine man!
  • Zouma looks clumsy again.
  • Barkley looked mediocre,
  • Pedro, poor final balls.
  • Willian overhit an easy pass to create a goal scoring opportunity.

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

A lot of disappointing performances today yet also some unexpected good ones.

• Gilmour looks better than some of our regular midfielders.
  • Think we need Tomori back in the side.
  • Azpi, ok.
  • Alonso did ok.

Now for the bad stuff:

• Kovacic for that freekick, you hold your balls watch the ball and jump, you don't turn, get a spine man!
  • Zouma looks clumsy again.
  • Barkley looked mediocre,
  • Pedro, poor final balls.
  • Willian overhit an easy pass to create a goal scoring opportunity.

Disagree with the Alonso bit, he looked back to his oldself in that 2nd half, defensive liability. Kovacic made a terrible mistake but I thought he had a good game, besides that he didn't do anything wrong in the 2nd half.