Sign in to follow this  
driller97

Jan Oblak

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/02/chelsea-reportedly-make-player-plus-cash-offer-atletico-madrid-goalkeeper/

Apparently made an offer for Kepa + 30m for Oblak.

Oblak is in my top 3 goalkeepers in the world and has shown many times how world class he is. Just a shame that we are going to have to take a big hit on Kepa for the deal (if its legit), but would like to see it go through regardless!

Thoughts?

Edited by driller97

The Kepa + 30 mil made me laugh... As much as I'd like Oblak to be in a Chelsea kit, the amount of money we would have to spend to get him - I believe his release clause is 120M - would really really hinder us to improve in more pressing areas. Not to say that we can't, or don't need to, improve the keeper position. I think that there are more pressing areas and the injuries this season have shown the lack of quality depth we have currently. 

If there's any chance the Kepa plus cash deal is going to work, Kepa needs to start playing and get his form back. There's no way they would let their first choice GK go, get GK who couldn't get a start, and some spare change

Would love this to happen. 

We need to strengthen our back. And with a GK of Oblak quality we sure would improve.

If Atletico sells us Oblak in exchange for Kepa and 30m I start to question their sanity. I would probably call their President and ask how he is feeling and that everything is okay. That is like Barca calls us to do Messi for Willian swap. 

Posted (edited)

The only way for us to land Oblak is to pay his buy out fee, rumoured to be 120m and for him to actually ask for the move. If there's a clause in his contract then Atletico would have no other choice.

Unless there are some financial problems at Atletico I haven't heard about, any other ideas about us offering them an exchange in a form of Kepa + money are laughable and not worth discussing.

I always try to put myself in the position of the other club and wonder what my stance would be. Would you swap world's best keeper for Kepa plus cash? Would anyone in their right mind?

Edited by abramovich

22 minutes ago, abramovich said:

The only way for us to land Oblak is to pay his buy out fee, rumoured to be 120m and for him to actually ask for the move. If there's a clause in his contract then Atletico would have no other choice.

Unless there are some financial problems at Atletico I haven't heard about, any other ideas about us offering them an exchange in a form of Kepa + money are laughable and not worth discussing.

I always try to put myself in the position of the other club and wonder what my stance would be. Would you swap world's best keeper for Kepa plus cash? Would anyone in their right mind?

Probably not, but can't stop me from being hopeful!

Offering them Kepa is not a bad shout either, it just depends how much extra cash we need to pay on top of that for Oblak. I would much rather that than buy Oblak for 100m and then have to try and sell Kepa too to get him off our books, because nobody would pay that much for him.

Plus in all honesty, I think Kepa could be okay in front of a better defence anyway.

Kepa + 50m and im taking that deal, maybe even Kepa + 60m

1 hour ago, evissy said:

If Atletico sells us Oblak in exchange for Kepa and 30m I start to question their sanity. I would probably call their President and ask how he is feeling and that everything is okay. That is like Barca calls us to do Messi for Willian swap. 

I called their president after the Morata transfer he seemed fine, although he did keep shouting 'Red rum red rum'.  Must be a big racing fan?

Sure, Oblak is the best option out there but with just thrown 80 millions for a flop I don't see us spending again such amount for a golie. Is a great goalkeeper worth it the 200 millions? Because for sure we are not getting back much for the fish. 

There is no chance in hell this deal happening. Just makes no sense at all. Atletico is not too far behind us in terms of stature and they pay nice salaries to their players. If Oblak wants to come to England something like this could happen but why on earth would they take Kepa. 

2 minutes ago, the special one said:

Partey is rumoured to want a move this summer with Arsenal apparently interested. If Partey leaves they may want Jorginho?

Jorginho + Kepa for Oblak.

Make it happen Marina!

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Will this include the fee Atletico owe us for Morata? 

That’s not a bad idea. Give us Oblak, you can have Kepa and keep the 50 million you owe us for Morata.

Morata has actually been pretty good back in Spain, so they may consider it good business.

2 hours ago, the special one said:

Partey is rumoured to want a move this summer with Arsenal apparently interested. If Partey leaves they may want Jorginho?

Jorginho playing under a Diego Simeone, would love to see that. Won’t happen though.

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

That’s not a bad idea. Give us Oblak, you can have Kepa and keep the 50 million you owe us for Morata.

Morata has actually been pretty good back in Spain, so they may consider it good business.

I agree ... and Morata is their top scorer (double vs the player in second, 16 vs 8 ) and has a quarter of their total goals this season ... that's not bad at all in a defensive team ...

Kepa might well be attractive to them, as , whatever we all might think of him, he is the incumbent goalkeeper in the Spanish national side ...

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

Win-win situation.  I like it.