Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I have seen nothing over the last 18 months to show he can turn it around. The same stagnant, predictable and outright boring football week in week out.

We were saved today by

a) a hopeful punt upfield to Chilly, and a fortuitous bit of control and finish

b) an appalling ref decision to rule out their equaliser.

The win is very welcome, but it doesnt hide the fact that we look clueless going forward, are playing far too slowly (almost every player is taking 2 or 3 touches every time), are playing unimaginative football (almost every single time it is ball to feet, with our players back to goal - unless its a backwards pass!), and TT does seem to have an answer.

Putting different players names on the teamsheet will only go so far.  The team needs to take the handbrake off, and start moving the ball (and their feet) quickly.

57 minutes ago, evissy said:

Sounds like any Jose era. However we are so shaky and frail. I guess gelling and time could do something to it. And we need to find the backbone of the team. In the D it is how it is but we know the D battle is won in the midfield. That is still looking its shape and personnel 

Did you watch Jose mark 1? We were a winning machine, that had a genuine will to win and used to overpower most teams we played. 

This team couldnt overpower a thing and has very few with a strong will to win.

Just now, nonotnowjim said:

Did you watch Jose mark 1? We were a winning machine, that had a genuine will to win and used to overpower most teams we played. 

Tuchel may not be as good as 2004 Mourinho were.

But our players are certainly nowhere near as good as those we had in 2004 either.

17 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

I have seen nothing over the last 18 months to show he can turn it around. The same stagnant, predictable and outright boring football week in week out.

We were saved today by

a) a hopeful punt upfield to Chilly, and a fortuitous bit of control and finish

b) an appalling ref decision to rule out their equaliser.

The win is very welcome, but it doesnt hide the fact that we look clueless going forward, are playing far too slowly (almost every player is taking 2 or 3 touches every time), are playing unimaginative football (almost every single time it is ball to feet, with our players back to goal - unless its a backwards pass!), and TT does seem to have an answer.

Putting different players names on the teamsheet will only go so far.  The team needs to take the handbrake off, and start moving the ball (and their feet) quickly.

Today's win was the very definition of "papering over the cracks" wasn't it 

7 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

We were also somewhat turgid at times ... in 18 out of the 38 games in the 04/05 title winning season we scored 1 goal or less ... 

I wonder if Tuchel is being ultra cautious because he doesn’t trust us in defence. Whereas we put extra pressure on ourselves by playing boring, slow football. 70 mins and 0 shots on target. 

We got super lucky today. They should have won given they hit the post and Mendy faked injury. 

The thing that worries me is that the win papers over some very large cracks. 

Based off the current standard of the league where none of the top teams have hit the ground running, we aren't actually doing that bad. Yes the performances haven't been the best but it would be very premature to sack him. Even Rman wouldn't have sacked him at this point with us only being 4 points behind City.

9 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I wonder if Tuchel is being ultra cautious because he doesn’t trust us in defence. Whereas we put extra pressure on ourselves by playing boring, slow football. 70 mins and 0 shots on target. 

He's not being super cautious stood on the touch line waving people forward all the time, the players are dithering on the ball and it drives him mad, he wants them to think quicker, you can see it, when he sent on the 5 subs they came on with an injection of urgency installed into them by Tuchel before they came on, he deserves credit for turning this around today.

9 minutes ago, strider6004 said:

For me I was initially please he had made changes yet when you think about it harder as soon as it became obvious WHU were playing to form at SB (under Moyes) and sticking 10 men behind the ball we needed to change something.

He waited some time and we got 3 yellows.

Out of 19 home league games this season, in at least 15-16 of them we will play against ten men behind the ball, it's nothing new, for an hour it's tough to overcome, but as the game goes on the ten men are less effective, against fresh attacking players.

Two of the yellows were in the first half, so not sure how you can blame Tuchel for waiting until the hour mark to make subs.

We have to back him - he has more than earned it.

Football hasn't been great for a while but he is working on it and I'm sure it will improve when he has all players available and fit. Winning the CL, qualifying for CL twice and making 3 Wembley finals (all be it losing all of them), means he deserves time. Otherwise what we gonna do. Appoint a new manager and as soon as he suffers a few defeats we sack him and appoint another and so on........................?

Unfortunately we have a culture of firing managers on a regular basis and up to now we have got lucky. That just isn't sustainable as the likes of Watford are now finding out. There isn't always a better man out there to turn things around. I see few, if any better than TT.

He’s got a job on his hands this season, have to back him for a bit because Todd certainly IS. Games thick and thin now so it’s prepare tactically execute game plan recover rinse & repeat not a lot of time for much else (have WC to thank partly). Today we sit 5th in the EPL, if Arse don’t lose we will by the end of this round. There are 6 academy graduates in the squad who feature regularly. TT still has a very high match winning % , easily better than SFL.  Can’t be that bad can it? 

1 hour ago, coco said:

Out of 19 home league games this season, in at least 15-16 of them we will play against ten men behind the ball, it's nothing new, for an hour it's tough to overcome, but as the game goes on the ten men are less effective, against fresh attacking players.

Two of the yellows were in the first half, so not sure how you can blame Tuchel for waiting until the hour mark to make subs.

Yes that makes sense to me, Rudiger was good last season trying those pot shots from distance, I recall Leboeuf getting a few crackers to break the deadlock in earlier times.

2 hours ago, coco said:

He's not being super cautious stood on the touch line waving people forward all the time, the players are dithering on the ball and it drives him mad, he wants them to think quicker, you can see it, when he sent on the 5 subs they came on with an injection of urgency installed into them by Tuchel before they came on, he deserves credit for turning this around today.

Exactly. See how pissed he is at Gallagher for not spotting the forward opportunity 

https://twitter.com/CFCRaf2/status/1566070314068582401?t=5sinEYwC0FSHoBL2RzlNKw&s=19

36 minutes ago, coco said:

That's a great example, he's as frustrated with them as we are at times.

I'm not huge fan of this personally Coco even when we used to see this kind of thing under Mourinho. It always appears selective in who this demonstration of anger and frustration is used against. It 100% doesn't help young players like Gallagher. Why isn't Tuchel screaming at Jorginho when he doesn't make the same early pass, or gets caught on the ball like he did today or against Spurs? Or at Kante and Kova when they fail to take a shot or make the final through ball?

8 minutes ago, just said:

I'm not huge fan of this personally Coco even when we used to see this kind of thing under Mourinho. It always appears selective in who this demonstration of anger and frustration is used against. It 100% doesn't help young players like Gallagher. Why isn't Tuchel screaming at Jorginho when he doesn't make the same early pass, or gets caught on the ball like he did today or against Spurs? Or at Kante and Kova when they fail to take a shot or make the final through ball?

Maybe it's obvious, the youngsters need more coercing ? I have seen him shouting at Jorginho before, nobody would ever shout at N'golo without receiving the wrath of the fans, even Tuchel.

4 minutes ago, coco said:

Maybe it's obvious, the youngsters need more coercing ? I have seen him shouting at Jorginho before, nobody would ever shout at N'golo without receiving the wrath of the fans, even Tuchel.

No mate. I think you are miles off here. Young players don't need coercion or public humiliation. They need building up. The support and belief of their manager. 

Young players are going to make mistakes. It's part of learning the game and gaining experience. Tuchel should not be heaping more pressure on them. If he has problems with how they have handled certain match situations he should be showing them what they did wrong and what he wants them to do on the training pitch.

11 minutes ago, just said:

No mate. I think you are miles off here. Young players don't need coercion or public humiliation. They need building up. The support and belief of their manager. 

Young players are going to make mistakes. It's part of learning the game and gaining experience. Tuchel should not be heaping more pressure on them. If he has problems with how they have handled certain match situations he should be showing them what they did wrong and what he wants them to do on the training pitch.

It is match day frustration. He has it with every player who does not follow his instructions. He is an emotional coach. You are thinking way too much here.

5 minutes ago, RomansRoubles said:

It is match day frustration. He has it with every player who does not follow his instructions. He is an emotional coach. You are thinking way too much here.

He carries it over into his press conference comments too. 

17 minutes ago, just said:

Your'e being a bit soft mate. 😅

Surely when you was a lad and started working, you remember your gaffer shouting at you in front of the old boys, knocking you down a peg, letting you know who's in charge when you f**k up ?

4 hours ago, coco said:

100% this, you can see it on his face when the obvious and best decision is slapping them right In the face they make a wrong decision.