Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

5 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

Why are we acting like Tuchel has spent the money exclusively on duds that wouldn’t work for the next manager? 😂 

If you had said to me in May we would sign Fofana, Koulibaly, Cucurella and Sterling, I would’ve taken it, regardless of who the manager was. 

It’s an underperforming squad for sure. There’s talent here but it’s being stifled by horrendous tactics. If someone were to pick a set formation and style of play - and STICK TO IT, we’d have a chance of making top 4.

4 hours ago, Valerie said:

Another thing that occurred to me: should we find a different goalkeeping coach? Is Hilario not coaching Mendy well enough or is he not pursuading Mendy with his methods?

Never understood the appointment in the first place and so many better coaches available. Anthony White, Margetson, Ben Roberts, David Watson etc

43 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

You are right. If the ayers decide to down tools on him then he goes the way of Jose mark 2 and Frank.

We did not look like a team playing for our manager yesterday or at Leeds. That is concerning, and is even more concerning it keeps happening with different managers.

And the only way to get rid of these attitudes is with a dominant gaffer. All the great managers were dominant figures, Tuchel is closer to Clough than AVB.

7 hours ago, Zeta said:

Give him until we've cleared out more players that he doesn't want and have a squad that he wants. If he still can't make it work then, then it's time to go.

The problem is how long do you give him to clear the deadwood , might this not be an ever growing list?

Didnt tick either box, on the fence, but not averse letting him have to the WC 

Pros: came in mid season and won CL, got to 2 FA Cup Finals & 1 LC Final, won 2 'mickey mouse' trophies that completed RA's 'full house' in the trophy cabinet; seemed to initially mend the defence; got 2 top 4 finishes back to back; handled himself really well during the sanctions from Tory scum government; has got rid of some dead wood this transfer window; winning percentage of over 60% which is right up there with Chelsea's prior elite coaches (better than Carlo).  

Cons: shoehorning players into a system week after week with the same outcomes; binning 4 strikers and leaving the squad with only Broja 1 day before the window closes; EPL results since Brentford inconsistent and some performances been a bloody shambles; lost domestic 3 cup finals. Putting Jorginho in holding mid position multiple times without any support. Criticizing the players when results have been bad e.g. "they need to toughen up" Other 2 bob excuses like coach ride to Leeds!

What i don't get is why does Tuchel insists on playing Jorghino, Havertz or for that matter any senior player. 

Time and time again and you see it with others coaches too, they rather play their favourites into the ground than give young/new players a chance. Why did Tuchel and staff let Chukuweameka, Billy, Ampadu or Broja (yes he got some minutes yesterdaystay) stay when they aren't used what so ever. 

Is Billy or Ampadu really that much worse than Jorghino in a back four? Is there no trust in our players? 

I get you can then say "it's the wrong game to bring them in" or idk what the excuse is but if they are in the first team they should be used, especially when there are so many injuries. 

54 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

What i don't get is why does Tuchel insists on playing Jorghino, Havertz or for that matter any senior player. 

Time and time again and you see it with others coaches too, they rather play their favourites into the ground than give young/new players a chance. Why did Tuchel and staff let Chukuweameka, Billy, Ampadu or Broja (yes he got some minutes yesterdaystay) stay when they aren't used what so ever. 

Is Billy or Ampadu really that much worse than Jorghino in a back four? Is there no trust in our players? 

I get you can then say "it's the wrong game to bring them in" or idk what the excuse is but if they are in the first team they should be used, especially when there are so many injuries. 

Ampadu is going, seems like no one wants Billy. Chuk has been here a couple of games but it seems like he need a bit more time. 

2 hours ago, Lang7 said:

Is it better to sack Tuchel and give the next guy a £200M kitty or let Tuchel blow another £200M on players he’ll stick out of position and then sack him? If we bin him now at least the next guy has a fighting chance.

And who says the other guy won’t blow 200m just like people now saying Tuchel is blowing money.

10 minutes ago, El regreso said:

And who says the other guy won’t blow 200m just like people now saying Tuchel is blowing money.

There’s no guarantees in football but TT has had his crack of the whip. I don’t want to see our squad and transfer future crippled if he’s going to end up sacked anyway.

I mean if backing him just means until the World Cup I would say back him.  Too early to jump off just yet.

That said I still hold him primarily responsible for our recent poor performances and am unhappy that he seems to be making excuses for the fact that a team full of talented players looked like crap.  They didn't all at once just forget how to play.

But I think the World Cup is the right time to evaluate what he's done here and see if we want to continue as our manager.  A firing now would be too hasty.  

He can't be honest and no manager does by blaming injuries and that is because it risks damaging the esteem of the players that stepped in.

He will be aware that we need back up for James and without Kova or Kante our midfield is in trouble. 

So for me stick with him.

1 hour ago, evissy said:

The f**k you are going on about. Lets back the man. Time to change the culture a bit.

Exactly, my point earlier in the thread, we need to lower our expectations for a while. 

we actually look very good at home 

5 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Back him or sack him are we talking about @HazardousChoice posts about Pulisic back him they are great bit unhinged but great. 🤣 How about this as your avatar. 

image.jpeg.37dc0351f33e74d51e462aa8d623f62c.jpeg

A 4 Kill bag of coke isn't enough to get anyone but opposition defenders excited when Pulisic comes on.

Once that man comes on we're effectively finished going forward for the rest of the game. 

Not that we're usually particularly effective to begin with.

Back him.

We are giving him his own players so it makes no sense to pull the plug 5 games into the season.

Let’s at least see if he can change our fortunes with players he actually wanted.

For me he has to get into the top 4 as a minimum though.

A majority backing for TT. Thank you Shed enders for all the votes and replies 🙂

7 minutes ago, Scott said:

"We've got super Thomas Tuchel, He knows exactly what we need, Fofana at the back, Sterling in attack, Chelsea gonna win the Champion League." 

:ATT1231304:

Is Haaland stays fit I think is Cities year at last. He is the missing piece.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

A majority backing for TT. Thank you Shed enders for all the votes and replies 🙂

Is Haaland stays fit I think is Cities year at last. He is the missing piece.

He has started very well for sure. Although City looked wobbly against both Newcastle and Palace. Lets see what they look like against one of the top 6 rivals, and then we will have a better idea.

11 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

We've had a terrible start to the season ... everyone agrees ... and yet after 5 games we find ourselves only THREE points out of the Top 4 places ... it is not nearly as bad a situation as many are trying to make out ...

You are right - the table does not lie.  I think the deeper concern is the manner of performances and general inconsistency.  Layer that onto a pattern that has really been with us since April, or perhaps earlier.

Hopefully we get going again soon!

19 hours ago, hawkster said:

I think some of his decisions are odd at present , Dave's legs have gone so he gets targeted like last night why play him?

Last night in my humble opinion he picked too many soft players and we got bullied .

Don't sack him , just hope he can relax some of his rigid thinking .

Who should have played instead of Azpi? 

11 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

We've had a terrible start to the season ... everyone agrees ... and yet after 5 games we find ourselves only THREE points out of the Top 4 places ... it is not nearly as bad a situation as many are trying to make out ...

If we are aiming for title then yes it is over but top 4, we should still be competitive.

The problem is not the result, our performance is far more concerning. We have played 5 games and we played well only once (Spurs)