Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

21 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

We were for large crap on Saturday, and lucky to win with that decision right at the end. 

That being said, Tuchel's subs at 1-0 down effectively won us the game. Chilwell come on to get a goal and an assist and Havertz scoring the winner. Also Broja looked busy and put himself about and caused a few issues for West Ham's defence. So he got his subs right and we won the game as a result. In my opinion he deserves a bit of credit for that.

The first half was absolutely dire. Possibly a combination of Tuchel and the team not having much confidence at the moment and being scared to take risks, but a few tweaks in the second half and we looked decent again I thought, bar Jorginho and Mendy trying their best to gift West Ham a second goal. 

If you can get 3 points whilst not playing all that well, it's not the worst thing. Gives us something to build on and now hopefully with the new players coming in the system will change slightly and we will be a bit more attack minded. 

Tuchel is taking a bit of a bashing on here at the moment, sometimes rightly and sometimes wrongly. In my opinion he got his changes right on Saturday and that's what won us the game. Yes we got lucky at the end, but we got robbed of a VAR decision against Spurs where we should've won the game, and no doubt we will get dodgy decisions go against us again through the course of the season. 

Correct analysis. Let's also not forget that everyone thought before the Spurs game that Conte and his team would whipe us off the pitch and in the end we dominated almost the entire game. 

Curious to see where we will be in a few games with the new players.

it is just about winning games right now to close the gap..not about playing superb football. Most of the transfers were quite late, the team has not yet found together given the short time many players are in the squad. Players like Pulisic or Zyiech are just not good enough for a good premier league side tbh. You see the difference with sterling. It is not on Tuchel that the offense is poor. He proved anywhere that he can be a very offensive coach. At the moment it is about finding together with a lot of injuries in midfield and new players coming in. I'm 100 % sure that in a month the football we play will be a lot better and we will make top 4 quite comfortably. Next year I see us challenging for the title with 2-3 new quality players.. if we keep Tuchel and let him form his team.

People here also have to realize that ball possession football might not be the most attractive football. Also city games are often boring and only won by pure individual goals. The difference is he has the players in the attack that are just two levels above our players.

Edited by jony92

5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Everytime we concede a corner, or free kick. So the key to looking good defensively is don't concede any corners, free kicks or have Mendy need to do anything.

But that is our current plan isn't it. That 1st half was full of nothing. 

11 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

City have strolled past us in terms of titles and no doubt will add one or two more before we win the title again.

Mostly down to the horrible director we were burdened with for five whole years. Who took the reigns when we were the best club in England and then oversaw a steady decline for half a decade and then left us and a squad in a complete shambles. Thankfully we have Boehly to pick up the pieces.

13 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Mostly down to the horrible director we were burdened with for five whole years. Who took the reigns when we were the best club in England and then oversaw a steady decline for half a decade and then left us and a squad in a complete shambles. Thankfully we have Boehly to pick up the pieces.

City should actually be well clear of us and everyone else. The operation they have is significantly better than anything we could even dream to have. The fact they've only won 1 fa cup and no European titles under pep is a huge failing. 

No other club in england could afford haaland. The only hope we have in the next 10 years is that their owners have to leave. Otherwise everyone else is just playing for second place. 

14 hours ago, Bob stark said:

I don't understand why we keep insisting that our offensive problem is not because of Tuchel. Against west ham, it took one tiny tweak by Tuchel and we looked 10 times better offensively. 

I think what is more important is how more offensive can we go before we look vulnerable defensively? 

This season we have played 442,343,352.

352 is just a snooze system. I wrote a thread showing tuchel new 442 hybrid and although it is more expansive but it also expose our midfield more. 343 is imo still our most balance system, it is still a snooze fest but not as bad as 352.

Because the team was sh*t at forwards scoring goals even before Tuchel came.

cant really believe he is being considered for the chop. seems like he is just building from the back and i kind of agree that the way you play out of the back is more important than just having a few good players up top. :SpamUnwrapped: has us finishing 6th but i just cant see it being that big of a problem and would like to just be a lot harder to beat and have chilwell and james creating.

54 minutes ago, stafalan5 said:

cant really believe he is being considered for the chop. seems like he is just building from the back and i kind of agree that the way you play out of the back is more important than just having a few good players up top. :SpamUnwrapped: has us finishing 6th but i just cant see it being that big of a problem and would like to just be a lot harder to beat and have chilwell and james creating.

Tempted to call you Stalag 5 then noticed you have not introduced yourself, always a good move on a new forum. 💙

21 hours ago, Bob stark said:

I don't understand why we keep insisting that our offensive problem is not because of Tuchel. Against west ham, it took one tiny tweak by Tuchel and we looked 10 times better offensively. 

I think what is more important is how more offensive can we go before we look vulnerable defensively? 

This season we have played 442,343,352.

352 is just a snooze system. I wrote a thread showing tuchel new 442 hybrid and although it is more expansive but it also expose our midfield more. 343 is imo still our most balance system, it is still a snooze fest but not as bad as 352.

I liked that thread.

We just spent what looks to be in excess of 250 million pounds on new players this transfer window. All signings to fit Tuchel's system.

What happens if we ditch him (due to poor form or whatever) in a 3 months? Do we then turn around and ditch all these players because they don't fit a back 4, transition counter-attacking tactic or some other different tactical approach to the one we follow now?

1 hour ago, Qaz said:

We just spent what looks to be in excess of 250 million pounds on new players this transfer window. All signings to fit Tuchel's system.

What happens if we ditch him (due to poor form or whatever) in a 3 months? Do we then turn around and ditch all these players because they don't fit a back 4, transition counter-attacking tactic or some other different tactical approach to the one we follow now?

This is why we need a sporting director and some faith in the manager. I am hoping Todd is looking this as a 2-4 year project.

His history with Dodgers suggest he just wants to buy quick success but Premier League is a different animal all together. 

38 minutes ago, evissy said:

This is why we need a sporting director and some faith in the manager. I am hoping Todd is looking this as a 2-4 year project.

His history with Dodgers suggest he just wants to buy quick success but Premier League is a different animal all together. 

I spose the way forward is what Watford did where they bought for a particular system/style and rotated managers/head coaches through that were in line with that system/style of play

What happened at Man Utd with the rotating managers lead acquisitions is an absolute mess and a ton of wasted money. We aren't doing much better.

2 minutes ago, Qaz said:

I spose the way forward is what Watford did where they bought for a particular system/style and rotated managers/head coaches through that were in line with that system/style of play

What happened at Man Utd with the rotating managers lead acquisitions is an absolute mess and a ton of wasted money. We aren't doing much better.

15 years ago buying a best possible manager could suffice, today there is absolutely no change barring a miracle season like we had under Conte or our cup run/runs under TT. 

Red Bull-teams also have a system. They also rotate managers between the teams (RB Leipziz, Salzburg, NY Red Bulls...)Jesse March is one of them. We are going to face absolutely the same football against Salzburg as we did against Leeds.

They rotate managers between the teams and all have the same philosophy and player profile. Mostly super-quick and young prospects with immense workrate.

This is why March has had success at Leeds. The team profile was right for him.

If we are to implement something like this we need 10 years and a sporting director..and we always need to find the right profile of managers and players.

I think TT now has the players to play a back 4. Personally I think a 4231 is best suited to the players we have going forward. It’s time TT stuck with a system and started to implement a style of play which will allow us to recruitment the correct players and stop wasting millions on players and trying to shoehorn them into a position. 

A director of football must be the next signing who will be able to identify players with the hope of getting our business done early next summer. I’d give TT to the summer to see what he can get out of this group before I’d even consider making a change. 

I think TT has this inherent need to over complicate.. Azpi worked in a back 3 because of his pace.. now he gets targeted. Why is mount playing in midfield 2? every team misses chances but that doesnt mean that we stop playing after 15 mins.. 

Same story every match day - square peg round holes..

There's been absolutely no improvement in our football in nearly a year. If TT has some secret revolutionary tactics then he needs to use them ASAP. But sadly he does seem capable of improving anything anymore. The problem is not the players, its him. Same old sh*t, different day.