Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

11 minutes ago, coco said:

Your'e being a bit soft mate. 😅

Surely when you was a lad and started working, you remember your gaffer shouting at you in front of the old boys, knocking you down a peg, letting you know who's in charge when you f**k up ?

Sure do. And it didn't work. I just felt like I wanted to knock the c**t out. And I certainly didn't learn anything positive from it. 

2 minutes ago, just said:

Sure do. And it didn't work. I just felt like I wanted to knock the c**t out. And I certainly didn't learn anything positive from it. 

I think it's down to the individual, some need a kick up the arse, like i did, others, like yourself, maybe not.

“It’s no secret that I loved to work with Petr [Cech]. The communication and having this kind of legend at Cobham, who took care of not only our building but the academy and the culture of the club, was a pure pleasure for me. It’s a big change to not have him and we’re still adapting. I am not actively involved in the search or building of a new structure. I’m not so sure it is my job.”

Why did Bohley get rid of Cech again?

21 minutes ago, coco said:

I think it's down to the individual, some need a kick up the arse, like i did, others, like yourself, maybe not.

That's where good man management and knowing the psychology of each player should come in Coco. Tuchel should be able to control his emotions and know that only certain players can take the "you were proper sh*t there" comments and turn them into positives. Generally, the younger, inexperienced players can't. 

I don't care how you spin it. It is something he has done previously with the youngsters and I don't think it is good management or good for their development.

I do think the team overall is playing nervous, sometimes more worried about making a mistake than taking a risk. Hopefully with a few more results and more time together this will reduce. You could see the nerves after our second goal, we suddenly started playing like schoolboys just hoofing the ball anywhere. Absolutely not premier league standard and revealing a lack of collective self belief. Like I say this will hopefully improve and it is on the coach/manager to get the best out of the players subject to getting results.

49 minutes ago, JM7 said:

“It’s no secret that I loved to work with Petr [Cech]. The communication and having this kind of legend at Cobham, who took care of not only our building but the academy and the culture of the club, was a pure pleasure for me. It’s a big change to not have him and we’re still adapting. I am not actively involved in the search or building of a new structure. I’m not so sure it is my job.”

He is the only one I wanted to stay, but I believe Petr quit and was not fired.

5 hours ago, JM7 said:

Boehly wanted to keep Marina, Cech and Buck but they all decided they didn't want to stay. After the sh*tshow the club went through behind the scenes after Abramovich was forced to sell the club I can imagine all three of them probably need a couple of years worth of vacations from executive work since that would suck the life out of anyone.

5 hours ago, JM7 said:

Cech quit when Marina and Buck left

1 minute ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Boehly wanted to keep Marina, Cech and Buck but they all decided they didn't want to stay. After the sh*tshow the club went through behind the scenes after Abramovich was forced to sell the club I can imagine all three of them probably need a couple of years worth of vacations from executive work since that would suck the life out of anyone.

Yep, it was a nightmare really at that point in time behind the scenes. They were probably being hounded by reporters on top of all the legal and PR work that had to be done

10 hours ago, coco said:

He's not being super cautious stood on the touch line waving people forward all the time, the players are dithering on the ball and it drives him mad, he wants them to think quicker, you can see it, when he sent on the 5 subs they came on with an injection of urgency installed into them by Tuchel before they came on, he deserves credit for turning this around today.

Not being super cautious? Do you really not believe thst the 500 passes between our CBs is not due to his instruction?

He has had 18 months to stop the endless slow, turgid and uninspired backwards/side to side passing. Yet he has either not wanted to or cannot. We play the same boring dross game in game out.

On the flip side, If it is genuinely not due to his instructions as you allude, why does he keep choosing players who ignore him!

The third thing, is if he genuinely does not want the players to play so slow and negatively, why has he not coached them out of it by now? He is no longer the new kid on the block and has had time. 

The odd times we do come out with the bit between our teeth and have instructions to take the hand break off we look like a half decent team. First half of the Madrid second leg last season for example. He clearly sent them out fired up to rip madrid a new one. He did the same against spurs in our second game this season.  But it is very rare.

And screaming at all the young lads and kids who actually try isn't much of a plus. Easy to scream at the likes of CHO, Timo and now gallagher. Yet he isn't screaming at Mendy for his constant dithering on the ball, Jorgi for his regular mistakes, Azpi for how slow plays these days, any of our other players who refuse to play the clearly on through ball, but instead knock it sideways. 

I am sick of it.

6 hours ago, just said:

That's where good man management and knowing the psychology of each player should come in Coco. Tuchel should be able to control his emotions and know that only certain players can take the "you were proper sh*t there" comments and turn them into positives. Generally, the younger, inexperienced players can't. 

I don't care how you spin it. It is something he has done previously with the youngsters and I don't think it is good management or good for their development.

comes across as a bully in the way he only targets certain players...

I dont understand this "its the players thing", I can't see how that's a defense of Tuchel. It's literally his job to coach the players into playing how he wants them to, if he can't then that's on him more than the players, he's coaching them, he's picking them. 

Edited by dkw

2 hours ago, nonotnowjim said:

comes across as a bully in the way he only targets certain players...

I think bullying is harsh, it's more he's micro managing them far too much, that doesn't work. It's telling though how often when a player makes a mistake they look over to Tuchel to see his reaction, and I don't think it helps anyone if they see him jumping around, ranting and raving all the time. For one if he does it too often it will lose any impact,  players will just start thinking "oh he's at it again"....

After getting by WHU with 3 points I'm optmistically thinking we have the possbility of both James and Chilwell playing for us and I think the last time that happened we were 1st in the prem until end of November last time out.

Think we are weaker without Rudiger yet also stronger with Fofana.

If Kovacic and Broja can stay fit for a bit we can again climb the table,

I definitely think Tuchel has grounds for frustration with our players, however, we have such a solid back 5 now surely now we can let our attackers thrive more and not be so rigid. Maybe it'll come in time when the new 3 new defensive starters get used to the system more but god that first half was one of the most dire halves of football I've seen in years.

This sh*te is all down to him as a 'coach'.  Can't see what's in front of him and can't or won't fix the problems that are staring him in the face.  The fans see it, the pundits see it and criticize it, but it appears that he is too stubborn to change his philosophy, so I guess he will 'live by the sword, die by the sword'. In 18 months there are probably handful of games that you could walk away from and say we totally dominated decent opposition and walked away say 'wow we were great'. The rest has been been turgid, stale, unentertaining, pedestrian, mind numbing, boring football and some of the worse football from an entertaining stand point I can remember. For me he stifles talent, drills players to be defensive minded and when there is an opportunity to play forward they are so brainwashed of not giving the ball away that they would rather play safe than take the risk of playing a low % pass that may or may not come off.  

He's undoing is going to be all on him not the players...although one or two might provide an assist, although I did find this article and was surprised that his favoured formation is 4-3-3.  So while I can understand to stop the leaky defence when he came in he went with 3 at the back, why has he continued into this season, given that he could have built, bought players in and coached the team to play in a 4-3-3?  

https://themastermindsite.com/2020/08/20/thomas-tuchel-paris-saint-germain-tactical-analysis/ 

11 hours ago, just said:

No mate. I think you are miles off here. Young players don't need coercion or public humiliation. They need building up. The support and belief of their manager. 

Young players are going to make mistakes. It's part of learning the game and gaining experience. Tuchel should not be heaping more pressure on them. If he has problems with how they have handled certain match situations he should be showing them what they did wrong and what he wants them to do on the training pitch.

Gus Poyet is a professional football manager and he would disagree with you!

10 hours ago, coco said:

Yeah that sh*t doesn’t work with me, it would just destroy what little confidence I have in what I’m doing. Man management and knowing the mentality of the players is very important, as much as we strive for equality we’re not all the same!

I think yesterday was mostly positive from him. He addressed our midfield weakness by playing Kova, RLC and Gallagher, who did not get bullied as our midfield in previous games. He got ready a very solid and well oiled defensive line as well. The only thing most of us were questioning was his choice of Pulisic over Broja. Another positive was his subs were bang on, except Jorginho who had a horrid time but you could understand why he wanted to bring him on. And the way the team reacted when we went behind, something we haven’t seen for ages, is also a positive.

On the other side of the balance was that we were playing with 2 up front at home against a worse team, which suggested a more defensive focus on the game plan. But he had to strengthen the midfield for sure, so perhaps having played Sterling and Broja would have been a better option. Having this set of CB can probably let us move to a back 4 with Silva/Koulibaly and Fofana as CBs the future. As well, yesterday’s midfield 3 was solid and covered well the defensive line.

Having been a critic of Tuchel, I think that yesterday he showed some progress. At leas he instilled the right mentality into the team. Let’s hope this continues.

4 hours ago, nonotnowjim said:

Not being super cautious? Do you really not believe thst the 500 passes between our CBs is not due to his instruction?

He has had 18 months to stop the endless slow, turgid and uninspired backwards/side to side passing. Yet he has either not wanted to or cannot. We play the same boring dross game in game out.

On the flip side, If it is genuinely not due to his instructions as you allude, why does he keep choosing players who ignore him!

The third thing, is if he genuinely does not want the players to play so slow and negatively, why has he not coached them out of it by now? He is no longer the new kid on the block and has had time. 

The odd times we do come out with the bit between our teeth and have instructions to take the hand break off we look like a half decent team. First half of the Madrid second leg last season for example. He clearly sent them out fired up to rip madrid a new one. He did the same against spurs in our second game this season.  But it is very rare.

And screaming at all the young lads and kids who actually try isn't much of a plus. Easy to scream at the likes of CHO, Timo and now gallagher. Yet he isn't screaming at Mendy for his constant dithering on the ball, Jorgi for his regular mistakes, Azpi for how slow plays these days, any of our other players who refuse to play the clearly on through ball, but instead knock it sideways. 

I am sick of it.

I'm sick of the moaning 10% of fans tbh, way more than i'm sick of the team or TT.