Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

3 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

Just watched the whole game again, now available on the 5th stand. Not ashamed to admit I cried tears of joy again

The game is on YouTube on BTs page I believe. 

2012 cannot be topped due to everything that went on but this second one right here, I feel so much more prouder. Fully deserved and respected. No one can say we got lucky or anything. A clean triumph with no controversy.

On 31/05/2021 at 10:31, coco said:

New seasons fixture list just been announced.

Aug 8th Chelsea v Man city

Aug 15th Man city v Chelsea

Aug 22nd Chelsea v Man city

Aug 29th Chelsea v Man city

Sep 6th Man city v Chelsea

That’s us top of the league on September 7th, with 100% Record

7 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

The game is on YouTube on BTs page I believe. 

2012 cannot be topped due to everything that went on but this second one right here, I feel so much more prouder. Fully deserved and respected. No one can say we got lucky or anything. A clean triumph with no controversy.

Not with chelsea TV commentary

I know we are all riding high still. What a few days it has been! Up the Chels!

It is interesting to look back over the whole of this season, starting late due to COVID, Lampard getting us off to a somewhat decent start all things considered, but giving up goals at a rate Chelsea has not seen in decades. 

As the calendar turned to December, it all started to unravel. We held on to the top spot in the CL Group Stage, Frank’s last hurrah as it turned out. From that point forward for Lampard and the club, play was dreary as the weather on through the end of year and into January. The club just could not get out of neutral it seemed. 

When we lost to Leicester 2-0 (Frank’s last game), I was really not sure where the team was headed. 50 points in the PL seemed like a stretch at that point. Hope for 2020-21 was pretty much lost.

A new manager always breathes some new life into a team, or at least it should short term. But who in their right mind thought in late January Christensen, Rudiger, Jorginho, would be on the pitch at the final whistle of the final game of the European season to help  Chelsea hoist the biggest European trophy? 

Though the team has struggled mightily to score goals, the back line has been the best since Mourinho’s first season arguably. 

Just incredible the turn around was and instantly. Very happy for all the players listed above and the entire group, including the likes of Alonso, Emerson, etc that were able to contribute some after Tuchel arrived.

Though wish Tammy was at least a sub for the Final, am glad no one has given him the business about being uniform for the celebrations like John Terry. I get it. If you have contributed all season and then cannot me on the bench for the Final, and your team wins, you want to be on the pitch celebrating like everyone else. Terry and Abraham earned it. Let them enjoy the moment.

This one was truly out of nowhere. Hopefully Tuchel gets some good additions this summer and we challenge for the PL title next season. But we all know the Club’s patience is short, and within 6 months and beyond, Tuchel could be shown the door and we start all over. That has become the Chelsea way. It has proven itself to be incredibly successful. For now, however, we thank you Thomas Tuchel very much for a truly magical run to the CL title.

This group of Blues is young for the most part. A few more pieces and we could challenge for awhile.

But for now, we all can continue to bask in the glow of the past 4 months!!

Come on you Chelsea!!

Mendy to Chilwell to Mount to Havertz,....

7 touches from keeper to goal,... one of the best counter attacks Iv'e seen.

City had 8 players well into our half when Mendy started the move.

Thank you to Pep for the attacking line up. :wink:

Capture.JPG

14 minutes ago, coco said:

Capture.JPG

A lot has been said about the Mount pass in the build up and rightly so but that’s a fantastic first time lay off by Chilwell. 

26 minutes ago, coco said:

Capture.JPG

Best counters are always against City. Remember Willian's goal from Conte's first year? About 4 touches in tight spaces and we scored to win our eighth game in a row.