Chelsea v Arsenal (PL) Wed 12th May 2021 20:15 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, just said:

Big close up of him at the final whistle. I feel sorry for him tonight. Tuchel did him no favours tonight leaving him on the pitch the way he was playing.

He should have come off instead of Billy, he was sh*te. All he kept doing was pointing forward whilst running with the ball and then passing backwards or sideways.

Giroud and Hudson-Odoi were useless subs as well. If only Havertz had of scored that chance I think it could have been different, Arsenal getting the first goal gave them the impetus to park the bus.

Guest Sindre
2 minutes ago, Dr Gonzo said:

I know he has fans on here but Jorginho is f**king rubbish. Backpass merchant who offers absolutely nothing. Cannot stand watching him play and he's our vice captain. 

He's been a key part of the team that have got us to the CL and FA-Cup final. Have some respect.

Havertz has got to do better there.

Gilmour off ? Was he trying to offer Jorginho the opportunity for redemption ? 

Chilwell is the safest player I've seen in a long while. He offers nothing exceptional going forward, I'm not seeing it in him tbh.

I love what Tuchel has done with this team, but we have got to be winning games like this. It's a poor Arsenal side.

1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

Pulisic at least had effort on goal. CHO done nothing... Not a thing. He got the ball then went backwards with it all.. The... Time

He's not ambitious enough to take on a player and drive at defenders, he's so bloody negative. 

He wasn’t great but I wouldn’t be starting on Hudson-Odoi as my first moan. Havertz and Jorginho fcuked it. If Kai scores that sitter, it’s a comfy night. Might have still worked out that way had Jorginho not been a complete idiot. 

3 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

I mean, I guess it's a dead horse at this point - but seriously, could having Abraham on the pitch made things any worse? 

Giroud looked completely out of sorts. That shot he shanked into the corner flag at least made me chuckle, if I wasn't seething with rage. 

Tammy has been completely frozen out unfairly. He must be absolutely shocking in training, that's all I can think of. 

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

He's been a key part of the team that have got us to the CL and FA-Cup final. Have some respect.

I echo the sentiment that he drives me mental. 

His frightening lack of pace and willingness to play through the lines, today being a prime example is also scary/infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

I will say that if CHO wants to fulfill his potential he does need to start producing.

Lots of stories that he likes the highlife that being a premier league player brings, perhaps concentrating on his game first and foremost would help.

Too many players don’t come close to fulfilling their potential, and after 3 seasons IMO he should be doing better than he has shown so far.

He should be out on loan. He’s been in and around the first team for 3 years as you say but he’s never getting regular football. Like it or not, the players need that to develop. Look at Mason, couple of years at Vitesse & Derby and he comes back in ready to go, Reece James the same, Christensen at Gladbach, even Tammy at Villa etc.

Callum needs consistent game time and I really don’t understand why we don’t loan him out to get it.

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Why he's not good enough. He's been in the team but he's not a key player, never has been. 

2 minutes ago, Carloseyebrow said:

Havertz has got to do better there.

Gilmour off ? Was he trying to offer Jorginho the opportunity for redemption ? 

Chilwell is the safest player I've seen in a long while. He offers nothing exceptional going forward, I'm not seeing it in him tbh.

I love what Tuchel has done with this team, but we have got to be winning games like this. It's a poor Arsenal side.

Agree chilwell is very frustrating not sure if he really is an upgrade over alonso in a back 5.. plus Jorginho is these sort of games is a liability can’t shoot can’t and no creativity..

That was very frustrating. 

Havertz has to score. Jorginho making an atrocious error. Zouma looking woeful. 

Tuchel making bizarre subs. We're chasing a game and he chooses tonight the time to give minutes to players he's overlooked for weeks? 

Arsenal didn't even force Kepa into a save tonight and that's why it's such a hard one to swallow that we've lost. 

Started badly with the Havertz miss,

Got worse with the Zouma dallying on the ball

Bad escalated quickly to worse, with a criminal blind backpass from Jorginho.

That Descended into farce, with the worst game management of the Tuchel era, when he took off our best player of the game (billy) but kept on jorgi.

That change also nullified probably our biggest threat in Mason. Who other than hitting the first man on a few corners was anonymous for the entire 2nd half.

Then brought on our secret weapon in Giroud, but rather than cross it to him, we kept getting to the edge of the 18 yrd box, then went backwards.

We went from something like the 24th min, to the 75th min without having a shot on target.

FRUSTRATING. BORING. UNINSPIRED. INSIPID. sh*t.....UTTER UTTER sh*t.

8 hours ago, haviet1 said:

It's just one of those days.....

Arsenal done absolutely nothing. Chelsea made a huge mistake and gifted them the goal/win.

"one of those days" is what you say when you've battered a team yet somehow come away with a loss or draw. We were shocking in every aspect of the game tonight and shouldn't hide away from that if we're gonna improve.

7 minutes ago, loz said:

Not really learned much tonight other than

1. If Jorginho is playing poorly dont take Gilmour off

2. If Odoi is on the bench don't bring him on

3. Practising taking corners might not be a bad idea.

Point 2. Based on tonight fair enough. But he played a big part in our late push for the winner at City.

sh*t game and we deserved absolutely nothing despite their goal being a freaky fluke and our double woodwork incident but in a way I'm kind of greatful, surely we are underdogs for Leicester now, that means we will win and last time we were done over like this by the arses we won both the fa cup and the CL.l the latter we were captained buy franky, this season we have been managed by franky in the CL...the signs are there and I am super confident for the 2012 double to repeat itself

6 minutes ago, Nibs said:

That's the annoying thing. You could tell it was going to be one of those nights but you hope you're wrong only to be proved right....................!

Every player poor tonight. Mount had his worst game in a long while, Havertz back to lethargic worst, Pulicic looked leggy, CHO made zero difference, Jorginho gave us nothing but set up Arsenal's winner, Even Silva was off his game tonight. Poor Billy - getting subbed when he was our best player 1st half. Nice way to reward a youngster.

Game to Forget. Who desreves a cup final place after that? Mendy, Kante and Werner are all guaranteed starters, that's for sure.

Carbon copy of so many games, most recently the game against Brighton. As soon as it gets to the 55th minute you just know the win is impossible.

1 minute ago, jack h said:

"one of those days" is what you say when you've battered a team yet somehow come away with a loss or draw. We were shocking in every aspect of the game tonight and shouldn't hide away from that if we're gonna improve.

Agree it wasn’t we were having chance after chance I think they were quite comfortable with everything happening in front of them..