Kendry Paez

evissy
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I don't know anything about him but, hopefully our scouts are starting what we were hoping the club to do, to identify youngsters that could become top draw and sign them early on for small fees. There will be bumps on the way, but that is what Portuguese clubs have been doing and they get some gems on the way which other teams (including us) then pay over the odds to buy. 

I've only seen clips of him online and then saw him in the U-20 championships the last few weeks but he was dominating lads 5 years older than him there. Naturally looks incredibly talented and probably one of the biggest attacking talents to come out of South America since Vini. Anything could happen in the 3 years until he can actually come here though so i guess we'll just have to be patient and keep an eye on his progress from afar. 

It's been known in South America since two months ago that he was going to sign for us. I speak Spanish and I remember, at that point, I spent hours reading articles and watching videos of South American football fans and journalists on who this kid is and how the hell is he commanding such a huge transfer fee at only 15, coming from a club in Ecuador. 

I read insights from Ecuadorians, Peruvians, Argentinians, Chileans and the consensous ia the same, he is a total phenomenon, a left footed no. 10 who would have costed at least 40M if he was Brazilian.

Have not seen him play, but everybody there seems to be almost sure he is going to be a future superstar.

8 minutes ago, petre ispirescu said:

It's been known in South America since two months ago that he was going to sign for us. I speak Spanish and I remember, at that point, I spent hours reading articles and watching videos of South American football fans and journalists on who this kid is and how the hell is he commanding such a huge transfer fee at only 15, coming from a club in Ecuador. 

I read insights from Ecuadorians, Peruvians, Argentinians, Chileans and the consensous ia the same, he is a total phenomenon, a left footed no. 10 who would have costed at least 40M if he was Brazilian.

Have not seen him play, but everybody there seems to be almost sure he is going to be a future superstar.

Seems to be getting similar hype to what Neymar got when he was first coming through at Santos, could be a great bit of business in 5 years or so.

32 minutes ago, RMH said:

I don't know anything about him but, hopefully our scouts are starting what we were hoping the club to do, to identify youngsters that could become top draw and sign them early on for small fees. There will be bumps on the way, but that is what Portuguese clubs have been doing and they get some gems on the way which other teams (including us) then pay over the odds to buy. 

We are trying to buy a club from France, Portugal and Brazil to have places for these up-and-coming talents. Crazy to think you could buy such a club for a smaller fee than some of these players we are buying. 

At those satellite-clubs we can impmement same formations and hire young managers to challenge for the Chelsea job. Sooner we get there the quicker we see results of that system. 

Someone like Casadei, Santos and even Colwill could be controlled by our owners in a different club. Now we are fencing off the likes of Brighton who will drip honey in Colwill's ear.

28 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Seems to be getting similar hype to what Neymar got when he was first coming through at Santos, could be a great bit of business in 5 years or so.

And from what I understand from plenty Ecuadorian football fans' comments on social media is that his current club, IDV, is some sort of easy to negociate club with, in the mould of Dortmund, meaning they produce a lot of talent, but fall down to their knees the second a bigger club comes to buy their players. Ecuadorians say the fee was only 17M because he is a IDV player, otherwise it would have been higher if he was playing for Emelec or Barcelona Guayaquil.

Hopefully he turns out to be as good as South Americans think he is.

• 3 months later...

Very exciting prospect. Looks older than 16!

Sort of player you would love to see thrown into the first team at 17 like Rooney was - strike a bit of fear into ageing defenders!

With players like Paez and Palmer, our future certainly looks bright - have to hold that thought when we lose to Bournemouth at the weekend!

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

How many games into his Chelsea career do we reckon he blows his Achilles or tears his ACL?

I'm going fourth appearance in pre season 2025.

1 hour ago, Sconnie Blue said:

From a dodgy American pitch too. 

Oh god :runforhills:

• 4 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

Scored for the Ecuador national team, he's still barely 16. Barring injury we could be looking at a future Chelsea legend here

I am confident Caicedo will be, and that he will help Kendry keep his feet on the ground.