Alvaro Morata

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I kind of wish Football Agent wasn't banned now. His reply would have been interesting.....

"Higher ups got the message and decided recently to meet higher valuations" 

This is easy :biggrin:

26 minutes ago, the special one said:

Sadly I don't think that will be the case. If it's true we've signed Morata for the alleged 58m I think they've secured an option to buy Hazard or Courtois next summer.

Well, let's hope that isn't the case.  Maybe it's more of a first right of refusal, if one of them ever asks to leave?  Don't think we'd ever sell either one without the player asking to leave.

47 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Excellent signing. Think he'll work well in our system. Hold up play much better than either Costa or Lukaku. Works hard, great finisher, and will settle in with our Spanish contingent. 

Is it right we paid much less than what Real Madrid were asking United for him? 

Real were apparently holding out for €90m when United were in for him. Woodward baulked and stumped up €101m (incl add-ons) for Lukaku instead.

United did have a bid of €80m rejected, so in hindsight our business looks rather good.

Edited by Charles Ryder

14 minutes ago, undertow said:

Didn't he say that Chelsea were 8 mil off 'his guy' and wouldn't budge? With the reported 58m fee it all makes sense, it's just that we gave in at the end ;)

He said he was Italian though 

European football journalist Mina Rzouki on BBC Radio 5 live

If you offered me the choice between Morata and Lukaku, I wouldn't even think about it.

I would pay £20m or £30m more if I had to and I would bring in Morata.

That is because I would always prefer an intelligent player in my team. Even if he doesn't score as many goals, even if he doesn't do whatever he needs to.

If he is more intelligent then he can be moulded quicker, he can do what he needs to do. And Morata has Champions League experience. He was second top scorer for Real Madrid despite not starting.

He has done it at Juventus and he has done it at Real Madrid.

He understands, he has the pace, he is intelligent, he links up play, he can be a counter-attacking threat.

5 minutes ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

European football journalist Mina Rzouki on BBC Radio 5 live

If you offered me the choice between Morata and Lukaku, I wouldn't even think about it.

I would pay £20m or £30m more if I had to and I would bring in Morata.

That is because I would always prefer an intelligent player in my team. Even if he doesn't score as many goals, even if he doesn't do whatever he needs to.

If he is more intelligent then he can be moulded quicker, he can do what he needs to do. And Morata has Champions League experience. He was second top scorer for Real Madrid despite not starting.

He has done it at Juventus and he has done it at Real Madrid.

He understands, he has the pace, he is intelligent, he links up play, he can be a counter-attacking threat.

Morata vs Lukaku vs Belotti is a no brainer really 

Lets just see how the season pans out. Lukaku might smash 30 goals for all we know.

I still think Morata is probably more suited to our football. We need a player that can hold the ball up and make plays. One thing lacking from Diego's football and probably Lukaku's too.

‘I am very happy, God willing, tomorrow I will be at Chelsea, a club that has always wanted me,’ Morata told Marca.

‘I’m not disappointed about anything, I’ve won four titles here [with Real Madrid], but now I only think of putting on the Chelsea shirt.

'I want to grow up, if I didn’t I wouldn’t have left. I’d like to thank Zidane and wish him luck for the upcoming season.’

46 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

However, I don't think you can rule anything out right now. We're not going to sell Costa for pennies and might hold onto him until January because he's more use to us, even playing infrequently, than he is to Atletico until their ban is over. 

I know you like him mate but he ain't ever playing for us again.

5 minutes ago, Charles Ryder said:

‘I am very happy, God willing, tomorrow I will be at Chelsea, a club that has always wanted me,’ Morata told Marca.

‘I’m not disappointed about anything, I’ve won four titles here [with Real Madrid], but now I only think of putting on the Chelsea shirt.

'I want to grow up, if I didn’t I wouldn’t have left. I’d like to thank Zidane and wish him luck for the upcoming season.’

Fake interview I think

Like someone's already said, our attack will now be known as MPH! :biggrin:

Think Morata will do great here, fast, powerful and technical. I feel Lukaku is more clinical but Morata is much more rounded and offers more as a whole. Link up between him, Hazard and Pedro will be great to see

Now if we somehow managed to get Alex Sandro we would have had a very impressive window 

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I was having such a nice day and now you come and spoil it. City are welcome to Danilo, don't want him here at all.

Haha I know he hasn't been great for Real but he was immense at Porto if he can refund that form under Conte what a steal, if he can't he is more than adequate as a back up and if it sweetens the morata deal so be it we sell him on 

edit* Just saw the news unbelievable, went to a BBQ came back to this, 60 million and united thought they did one over on us paying 75 plus 15 plus Rooney :biggrin: good one lads

Easy to laugh in hindsight mind you, I've been critical of marina but credit where due brilliant window so far, I expect Danilo as part of this to follow, and a little wink and a tap on the nose when hey come for hazard in a year or two.

That will all be unsaid of course but they will want to keep good terms with us.

Expect a monster bid for mpabbe to follow. 

Edited by DonAntonio