Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The thing about Eden is that he doesn't dominate a game like a Ronaldo or Messi. He does impact the game no doubt but isn't the guy dominating the entire match. People have these "player of the year" expectations but I just don't see it happening. I love Eden I really do. He is a big part of this team right now. But I see him leaving for a a Madrid or PSG if the offer is right. For the price that teams are going to pay for him, we can replace his production.

The thing about Eden is that he doesn't dominate a game like a Ronaldo or Messi. He does impact the game no doubt but isn't the guy dominating the entire match. People have these "player of the year" expectations but I just don't see it happening. I love Eden I really do. He is a big part of this team right now. But I see him leaving for a a Madrid or PSG if the offer is right. For the price that teams are going to pay for him, we can replace his production.

Hazard doesn't want to move, Real Madrid don't need him, we are not a selling club and we don't need to sell him. We will have Hazard for a few more years yet. Hazard seems really happy at Chelsea.

We aren't going to buy a player for £32 million and sell before he wins us more than the Europa League.

Hazard has a much more subtle impact on the game than Ronaldo or Messi, but he is ludicrously efficient. He might have 1-2 dribbles per match when he doesn't create something for himself or space for teammates. He practically ALWAYS has a positive impact on the attack when the ball is at his feet.

Some talk on Twitter that he will sign a new 5 year contract in the coming weeks which will make him the highest paid player in the clubs history.

Checked it out and it's a goal.com story...they say it's an exclusive, but I remember first reading about this months ago...hopefully it will get done though

The rumours of Ronaldo leaving Madrid are still going, and are gathering momentum. So it means if Ronaldo goes, who will Madrid replace him with? And of course there's one main contender for Real Madrid to replace him with: Eden Hazard.

Everyone knows what Madrid are like when they need new players and how they just go around throwing money at replacements. Do you all think there's any chance of Eden joining Real if Ronaldo leaves?

Lets hope he gets this new record contract sooner rather than later!

The rumours of Ronaldo leaving Madrid are still going, and are gathering momentum. So it means if Ronaldo goes, who will Madrid replace him with? And of course there's one main contender for Real Madrid to replace him with: Eden Hazard.

Everyone knows what Madrid are like when they need new players and how they just go around throwing money at replacements. Do you all think there's any chance of Eden joining Real if Ronaldo leaves?

Lets hope he gets this new record contract sooner rather than later!

We are not tootnham, not saying we wouldn't sell, but madrid would have to smash through the £100m mark......and a whole lot more.

Roman and Jose (I would imagine) can be very very persuasive.

I'm not worried. 

I think he is absolutely brilliant but he needs to improve his end product. I mean what he does is fantastic he creates chances all by himself, and himself up in great positions about 4-5 times a game but I wish he would add more goals to his game. Good assist on Fabregas but he was also a bit wasteful last game against Swansea despite being one of our best players.

It was like Suarez in his first 2 seasons at Liverpool, yes granted Suarez is a striker so it's different but his conversation right was shocking and he wasn't doing enough in his final moments, he kept hitting the bar or being wasteful, but once he started being clinical he was just unstoppable in the league. I'm hoping that becomes the same case with Hazard, it would be good if he could add more goals and even assists which he does already do a lot but for the positions he gets in he could be doing more.

I'm only pointing this out, because I am bearing in mind that this is the 5th game into the season but I'm just wondering what are peoples thoughts on this? Do you think he could be doing a lot more and take advantage of his incredible skills? I'm not saying he was to blame tonight because he really wasn't, this is not a knee jerk post by any means.

He needs to work on his finishing.  And he misplaced quite a few simple passes today.

His finishing is actually really good. He scored 17 goals in 49 games for us last season. That is a pretty good return.

He isn't Ronaldo or Messi, he isn't going to score 50 goals a season. I doubt anyone who plays in the Premier League will ever get goals like they do.

I actually prefer the way Hazard is playing this season than i did last season. The first 5 games of this season he has been attacking the defense constantly and isn't slowing down play like he used to. He is linking up brilliantly with Fabregas and Costa and he's passing the ball well. He hasn't been a huge threat on goal himself much this season but it's still early and the goals will come. Another thing i have noticed is that he isn't quick to take the foul like he usually does. He will get knocked and stay on his feet and continue the attack. Fabregas and Costa are getting all of the praise for our good start to the season but Hazard for me has been just as good

Eden Hazard is looking more dangerous this season than he was last season in my opinion.

Another great piece from Ronay:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/17/chelsea-schalke-champions-league-

Best bit: "Hazard skipped past his marker with an outrageous body swerve that left him not just heading the wrong way but hailing a taxi back to Stamford Bridge from somewhere near Sloane square."

Excellent.