Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

JMaher94
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 2/10/2018 at 13:19, Scott Harris said:

Batshuayi will do well there. He's very good when he is facing towards goal. He's basically just doing the same thing Aubameyang did. 

I'm expecting a big offer from Dortmund if he keeps scoring.

I would think we could get the PEA money from them if Michy keeps this up.  Or we just take him back.

its good that he's scoring , long may it continue

- drives up his resale value, especially if he has a good WC in the summer

- boy gets his confidence levels back up, which must have disappeared entirely from warming CFC bench

- if he comes back next season with a new manager he may get a chance to stay

So i'm not commenting to say "i told you so" but that it may turn out to be a good deal for all concerned. For once !

On 10/02/2018 at 16:24, sonic90 said:

It's a good loan move for his development, people are lamenting not keeping him but do you remember how ineffective he was for us? If he stayed he will still be on the bench with Hazard as a 9.

Not only is it building up his value, but also his confidence, if he keeps doing well we can see a better picture of his potential and help us decide whether to keep him or not.

Ineffective? Torres is what you call ineffective, Batsuayi has scored plenty of winners for us including the win for the Premier League last season. 

His goal record speaks for itself. 

Even if Michy scores 40 goals in 5 months and we end up getting £300m for him. So what ?  Giving the club more money to spend/waste on players doesn't solve the problem, we have been crap at recognising talent and giving them a proper chance. 

Now we are starting to see the results of our in/out transfer policy over the last 3 years, a squad full of cheap options or expensive gambles.

1 hour ago, coco said:

Even if Michy scores 40 goals in 5 months and we end up getting £300m for him. So what ?  Giving the club more money to spend/waste on players doesn't solve the problem, we have been crap at recognising talent and giving them a proper chance. 

Now we are starting to see the results of our in/out transfer policy over the last 3 years, a squad full of cheap options or expensive gambles.

Feel like michy could end up being a salah or KDB??

Feel like michy could end up being a salah or KDB??
If we sell him I have no doubt he will turn out to be a Salah and KdB why?
Because we have a horrible record of realising potential and we do not give our young players the chance they deserve and certain fan's are quick to dismiss a player because he doesn't get the chance he deserves and judge's him on substitute appearances

Social Media saying we're fools to have loaned him when he's in this form.
Give me a break, what do they think the point of a loan even is?
I'd rather loan him and him do well than not.
It's part of the continuous narrative against us this season, do they not think at all he's playing in an easier league with a different formation and style of play?
Boggles my mind.
Good luck to him is what I say, get him back in the Summer and if he still doesn't perform than the problem isn't him, it's us, he's not our style of player but if he does perform then the loan will have done him good.

7 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

Social Media saying we're fools to have loaned him when he's in this form.
Give me a break, what do they think the point of a loan even is?
I'd rather loan him and him do well than not.
It's part of the continuous narrative against us this season, do they not think at all he's playing in an easier league with a different formation and style of play?
Boggles my mind.
Good luck to him is what I say, get him back in the Summer and if he still doesn't perform than the problem isn't him, it's us, he's not our style of player but if he does perform then the loan will have done him good.

His not Conte's style of player who likes playing 7 or 8 defensive players. When Conte leaves then Batman's Chelsea career restarts.

It's unfortunate Conte didn't trust him or try to adjust the team to play to his strengths. Even when the team was struggling for goals, Conte stuck to his methods. Conte is a great manager, but just like Mourinho, he is quick to write off players who don't immediately meet his expectations or methods. We will regret letting Bats go if we are foolish enough to do so. 

15 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

His not Conte's style of player who likes playing 7 or 8 defensive players. When Conte leaves then Batman's Chelsea career restarts.

Let's be honest, Conte is leaving in the summer, I think we've all accepted it. If he survives the season, the moment it ends he'll be sacked or leave mutually, Carlo style.

43 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

He is also an inferior player to both Morata and Giroud. Look how much space and time he has to receive the ball for goodness' sake. He finishes well and he has good physical qualities, that's about it for now.

43 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Conte is a great manager, but just like Mourinho, he is quick to write off players who don't immediately meet his expectations or methods. 

That never happens. Conte and Mourinho have worked with the best in every position on the field. And they know what to expect to achieve a certain level. KDB, Lukaku etc, these guys were not at a level when they were here, but they wanted regular football and that's fine. The coaches don't write them off, it's just a timing and competition issue. What happens after is irrelevant but for sure it can be tough to watch if the player eventually goes on to meet expectations. 

2 hours ago, Brutos said:

If we sell him I have no doubt he will turn out to be a Salah and KdB why?
Because we have a horrible record of realising potential and we do not give our young players the chance they deserve and certain fan's are quick to dismiss a player because he doesn't get the chance he deserves and judge's him on substitute appearances

He was the main striker in pre season and to start the season while Morata got upto speed, but his performances vs Arsenal and Burnley were so unbelievably bad we had to fasttrack Alvaro. He didn't get denied more chances because he failed to play like Messi, he got denied them because he was barely even resembling a professional footballer.

29 minutes ago, venom2011 said:

He is also an inferior player to both Morata and Giroud. Look how much space and time he has to receive the ball for goodness' sake. He finishes well and he has good physical qualities, that's about it for now.

He finishes well, Morata could do with watching him more often :laugh2:. It was pretty clear from day 1 Conte never rated him, Batman's confidence was shot from playing 10 seconds here or there and warming the bench with a hot water bottle, fans said once he plays under a manager who backs him he will score. He now scores and it's because it's an inferior league, his build up play is sh*t, blah blah blah. How many people have watched the whole 90mins of his games at Dortmund to even make a comment on his overall game.

I'm happy the guy is scoring goals after his career had a 18month setback. His also playing in a better attacking team overall which obviously will create chances. 

26 minutes ago, venom2011 said:

That never happens. Conte and Mourinho have worked with the best in every position on the field. And they know what to expect to achieve a certain level. KDB, Lukaku etc, these guys were not at a level when they were here, but they wanted regular football and that's fine. The coaches don't write them off, it's just a timing and competition issue. What happens after is irrelevant but for sure it can be tough to watch if the player eventually goes on to meet expectations. 

Mourinho writes a player off if he doesn't meet his expectations which could be anything from driving the wrong car, drinking the wrong drink or nearly anything which pisses him off. Mourinho has a great track record but it can also bite him in the arse and it is currently at Utd where he seems to have a love for donkey Fellani and Young. His desperate to extend Fellani's contract and extended Young's. Both players are not good enough for any top 6 team.

Conte wrote off Batman from the start, fair enough but no need to stall his career.

He was the main striker in pre season and to start the season while Morata got upto speed, but his performances vs Arsenal and Burnley were so unbelievably bad we had to fasttrack Alvaro. He didn't get denied more chances because he failed to play like Messi, he got denied them because he was barely even resembling a professional footballer.
The style of play didn't suit him, if you need your striker to score Goals try and play to his strengths

7 minutes ago, Brutos said:
30 minutes ago, Argo said:

The style of play didn't suit him, if you need your striker to score Goals try and play to his strengths

Maybe it didn't, but that doesn't excuse a rubbish first touch, horrendous passing/decision making and static movement.

36 minutes ago, Argo said:

If that's the case, why has Conte persisted with Bakayoko who has been equally bad if not worse? The truth of the matter is that Conte never rated Bats. Just like Mourinho, he picks his favorites pretty fast and writes off those he deems not to fit his "style". I like Conte, but he is very similar to Mourinho in that regard

And how does a young player reach his level by not playing?

José liked ready made players, Chelsea like ready made players, we don't give managers the time to give youth a chance so how will they achieve their level. Terry and Christensen are the only two regular first team players I can identify from our youth setup over the last 18 year's.